• (AUS cancellation/UK 2017 Season PROBABLE SPOILERS) Updates....

From darkstar7646@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 2 10:25:30 2017
    -- Australia cancelled X-Factor after last season. Isaiah Firebrace won what appears to be Australia's final season.

-- The UK original series, however, soldiers on. (Everything from here is sourced to the season's Wikipedia page, and may be considered SPOILERS.)

The actual filming of the series has reached Six-Chair Challenge (the stage just before Judges' Houses). The actual starting airdate is some time this month.

No XTra Factor, for the first time.

No changes to the judge panel. Simon, Louis, Sharon, and Nicole Scherzinger. A couple of one-day changes were made due to commitments or injury, according to the Wikipedia page on the season.

Dermot's back this year.

Minimum age reduced to 14.

MAJOR CHANGE #1: A report July 4th indicates that the live shows will have two major changes this year -- the first will be that acts will be eliminated on both Saturday AND Sunday nights, and that there will only be SIX WEEKS of live shows as a result.

This probably means quick playoff voting is almost-certainly back this year (where you'd have, like, 15 minutes to vote to save your act from direct elimination). Perhaps another casualty to the Christopher Baloney mess, where it's clear to anyone
    paying attention he was probably trying to rig himself an X-Factor contract?

Or the fact, as the report puts out, that the Saturday shows have become, of themselves, "tedious"?

CHANGE TO THE SIX-CHAIR: When they filmed the Six-Chair Challenge last week, there was a major change. For each performance of the final set of people to be cut to six for the Judges' Houses, the assigned judge (spoiler below) was removed from the
    table. The other three judges would still critique, and I would assume the assigned judge (who made the decision) would hear everything.

ASSIGNED JUDGES:

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

I know that's so 2005 or so, but if I don't do it, someone will bitch.

2017 Assigned Groups:

Simon gets the Groups, probably indicating they want a Group to win this year. Nicole Scherzinger gets the Overs.
    Sharon the Girls.
    Louis the Boys.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Zob@21:1/5 to darkstar7646@gmail.com on Wed Aug 2 23:56:52 2017
    On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 10:25:30 -0700 (PDT), darkstar7646@gmail.com wrote:

-- Australia cancelled X-Factor after last season. Isaiah Firebrace won what appears to be Australia's final season.

Interesting Poor ratings? Since that frees up AdamLambert as a judge,
    wish they would hire him for the American Idol reboot.

-- The UK original series, however, soldiers on. (Everything from here is sourced to the season's Wikipedia page, and may be considered SPOILERS.)

Yay! The Original UK X-Factor is still my favorite reality singing
    competition show by a long shot.

The actual filming of the series has reached Six-Chair Challenge (the stage just before Judges' Houses). The actual starting airdate is some time this month.

I'm still PO'd that my local Comcast cable company doesn't carry the
    POP network that XF is on. I can still either watch it live online
    using a VPN with a UK IP address (which I rarely do because I never
    remember what time it airs with the time difference) -- or I can
    continue to watch it via torrent filesharing. I can usually watch
    full HD episodes within hours of their airing this way.

Xtra Factor had gone downhill so badly that it was just awful. It
    deserved to be canceled as it had become unwatchable anyway.

No changes to the judge panel. Simon, Louis, Sharon, and Nicole Scherzinger. A couple of one-day changes were made due to commitments or injury, according to the Wikipedia page on the season.

Great! That is one of the best singing judging/mentor panels ever.
    Previous changes have all been fails. It's very interesting how
    Nicole fits so well with the UK's version but she kind of bombed out
    with the USA's X-Factor. They love her in the UK, and her humor and personality shine on this show.

Dermot's back this year.

Perfect!

HUGE mistake AFAIC!! :(
    This is what killed the USA X-Factor IMO. They should have a junior
    XF competition if they want to go that route. I do NOT want to watch
    a bunch of precocious little kids with no life experience singing
    songs about things they know nothing about. It's SO irritating.

MAJOR CHANGE #1: A report July 4th indicates that the live shows will have two major changes this year -- the first will be that acts will be eliminated on both Saturday AND Sunday nights, and that there will only be SIX WEEKS of live shows as a result.

WOW!! Budget cuts? And no "Christmas single?"

This probably means quick playoff voting is almost-certainly back this year (where you'd have, like, 15 minutes to vote to save your act from direct elimination). Perhaps another casualty to the Christopher Baloney mess, where it's clear to anyone
    paying attention he was probably trying to rig himself an X-Factor contract?

lol @ "Christopher Baloney"!

Or the fact, as the report puts out, that the Saturday shows have become, of themselves, "tedious"?

CHANGE TO THE SIX-CHAIR: When they filmed the Six-Chair Challenge last week, there was a major change. For each performance of the final set of people to be cut to six for the Judges' Houses, the assigned judge (spoiler below) was removed from the
    table. The other three judges would still critique, and I would assume the assigned judge (who made the decision) would hear everything.

I can't quite picture how that will work, but.. we shall see.

ASSIGNED JUDGES:

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

I know that's so 2005 or so, but if I don't do it, someone will bitch.

2017 Assigned Groups:

Simon gets the Groups, probably indicating they want a Group to win this year. >Nicole Scherzinger gets the Overs.
    Sharon the Girls.
    Louis the Boys.

Louis' favorite category, lol.

Thanks for the post and the heads up Mike!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From kat@21:1/5 to Zob on Wed Aug 9 10:45:47 2017
    On 03/08/2017 04:56, Zob wrote:
    On Wed, 2 Aug 2017 10:25:30 -0700 (PDT), darkstar7646@gmail.com wrote:

Xtra Factor had gone downhill so badly that it was just awful. It
    deserved to be canceled as it had become unwatchable anyway.

I never bothered with it, as you say, it was awful.

Great! That is one of the best singing judging/mentor panels ever.
    Previous changes have all been fails. It's very interesting how
    Nicole fits so well with the UK's version but she kind of bombed out
    with the USA's X-Factor. They love her in the UK, and her humor and personality shine on this show.

I find there there a different feel to the UK shows and the US ones, not
    just the XF, but Idol and The Voice. Even BGT and AGT where the main difference is how long the series lasts!

Nicole is clearly more comfortable here, and maybe we do just "get" her.

Dermot's back this year.

Perfect!

Huge relief!

HUGE mistake AFAIC!! :(
    This is what killed the USA X-Factor IMO. They should have a junior
    XF competition if they want to go that route. I do NOT want to watch
    a bunch of precocious little kids with no life experience singing
    songs about things they know nothing about. It's SO irritating.

We just had a Junior Voice for under 14s, which I ignored because I feel
    the same way. I wouldn't mind the lower age limit being 18 - kids are
    supposed to be in school. There are loads of ways for them to learn and practice their singing other than this.

MAJOR CHANGE #1: A report July 4th indicates that the live shows will have two major changes this year -- the first will be that acts will be eliminated on both Saturday AND Sunday nights, and that there will only be SIX WEEKS of live shows as a
    result.

WOW!! Budget cuts? And no "Christmas single?"

I wondered about that when I heard, but I suppose it depends on when the
    live shows go out. They could still end just before Christmas. We
    shall see.

--
    kat
    >^..^<

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05