• Hiring GH recap writer!

From Suzanne@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jan 13 20:58:35 2017
    Our site, The TV MegaSite, Is looking for a writer ASAP to watch "General Hospital" Monday through Friday and write a detailed summary each day before midnight Pacific time.

You must be in the U.S. or Canada to do this unless you can prove to me that you can get that show daily (even if it airs in your country, it may not be the current episodes that we have).

Your writing must have relevant details, yet be concise, with no personal opinion or too much quoting. It must be accurate and sent to us as soon as possible. If you work out, then this would be an ongoing thing, and we would give you a form to use to
    post instead of sending it to us. You must be a good writer in English (with good grammar and punctuation), and be able to write quickly and accurately. Examples will be given. You must work on time every weekday, or let us know if it will be late or you
    can't do it, etc. You must be reliable.

You have to be able to watch it right away and be able to pause/rewind so that you can write and not be distracted. No watching live and trying to write at the same time (it doesn't work). However, you could also take notes and then type it up right
    after. As long as it's accurate (we WILL check to make sure). You must also run spellcheck and proofread it carefully before you post it. $35 per month to start.

You must do this work for at least a week before you will be paid (so we can make sure you are able to do the job). You can be paid either by Paypal or in Amazon gift cards (negotiable). Serious applicants only! We also have some older episodes from the
    past month that need writing, so if you want to also do those in your spare time, I can pay you for that as well (I can send you a DVD with the episodes). There are future opportunities for advancement/raises.

Please email me at suzanne@tvmegasite.net if you're interested... thanks!

Suzanne

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Koko@21:1/5 to Suzanne on Sun Jan 15 17:45:19 2017
    On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 11:58:36 PM UTC-5, Suzanne wrote:
    Our site, The TV MegaSite, Is looking for a writer ASAP to watch "General Hospital" Monday through Friday and write a detailed summary each day before midnight Pacific time.

You must be in the U.S. or Canada to do this unless you can prove to me that you can get that show daily (even if it airs in your country, it may not be the current episodes that we have).

Your writing must have relevant details, yet be concise, with no personal opinion or too much quoting. It must be accurate and sent to us as soon as possible. If you work out, then this would be an ongoing thing, and we would give you a form to use to
    post instead of sending it to us. You must be a good writer in English (with good grammar and punctuation), and be able to write quickly and accurately. Examples will be given. You must work on time every weekday, or let us know if it will be late or you
    can't do it, etc. You must be reliable.

You have to be able to watch it right away and be able to pause/rewind so that you can write and not be distracted. No watching live and trying to write at the same time (it doesn't work). However, you could also take notes and then type it up right
    after. As long as it's accurate (we WILL check to make sure). You must also run spellcheck and proofread it carefully before you post it. $35 per month to start.

You must do this work for at least a week before you will be paid (so we can make sure you are able to do the job). You can be paid either by Paypal or in Amazon gift cards (negotiable). Serious applicants only! We also have some older episodes from
    the past month that need writing, so if you want to also do those in your spare time, I can pay you for that as well (I can send you a DVD with the episodes). There are future opportunities for advancement/raises.

Please email me at suzanne@tvmegasite.net if you're interested... thanks!

Suzanne

How many words per day?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Suzanne@21:1/5 to Koko on Tue Jan 17 20:58:41 2017
    On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 7:45:20 PM UTC-6, Koko wrote:

How many words per day?

I'm not planning to count them. You just have to watch the show, describe it in detail and if you write it with details and without many mistakes in spelling/grammar/punctuation, and it's coherent, and you don't leave out anything important, then it's
    good.

Here's an example of one I wrote in 2004. It's not perfect, but it's ok.

http://tvmegasite.net/updates/gh/2004/gh-02-27-04.htm

Please email me suzanne@tvmegasite.net if you have further questions. I don't check on here too often.

Thanks,

Suzanne

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05