• Spider-Man: Homecoming (Spoilers)

From Kenneth M. Lin@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 19 16:57:47 2017
    Anyone remember if any of the movie Spider-Men had Spider-Sense? In this movie Spidey pretty much has no secret identify as people keeps walking in
    on him while he's getting dressed or crawling on the ceiling.

I think he should put on the mask first when he's changing to protect his identity. He was far too careless and just webbed his street clothes and backpack to a trash bin when he could have placed them on the side of the building where nobody else can touch. Also, when he loses something, he's never fearful that it contains something that will reveal his secrete identity. And why can't he put on the backpack over the costume? It'd be bigger hassle to have to come back to get his stuff at the end of the day. When Amazing Fantasy #15 came out, I don't think backpack has been invented yet but it's very common today.

I kind of like that the techno-costume is baggy so it's easy to put on but shrinks/suctions to make it skin-tight. But then they went completely overboard with "Karen" and "training-wheel mode" and whatnot. But once you
    go this route, why can't the costume just assemble itself together piece by piece as it doesn't have to be like a clothes at all? (It can literally be
    a belt buckle when not in use. Then expand.)

Still fertile and fetchingly available Aunt May doesn't work for me. The death of Uncle Ben has already been done twice but it doesn't feel like a Spider-Man movie without it and the guilty it brings. (I don't even recall any mention of dead uncle so May could be a spinster.) Anyway, she was
    hardly in the movie and Peter never have to worry about her weak heart.

Vulture is the main villain here and they used the alien technologies from
    the first Avengers movie to explain where all the gizmos came from. So they could pretty much assemble all the Spidey's rogues' gallery as most are tech-based. And surprise, suprise, Vulture's daughter goes to the same
    school as Peter (why not) and Vulture immediately deduces Spidey's secret identity. And, of course, Vulture has an interracial family.

Michael Keaton has more screen time as Vulture that he did as two turns as Batman.

I liked how Peter stashes stuff under the school locker knowing that nobody else can lift up the lockers to get to it. (I don't recall Spider-Man doing something like this in the comics. He tends to just web things up.)

So it's really not a Spider-Man as we know it but a worthwhile take on the well-known tale. I don't think Sony get what Spider-Man is all about but created "a" character that has spider powers. The entire tone of the movie was far too cheerful and the only thing that happened was that Peter didn't want a micromanaging "uncle" in Tony Stark.

What's funny is that Tony Stark is shown to be rather irresponsible in his
    own movies so he's in no position to criticize someone in high school. And how come Hawkeye and Black Widow didn't get techno outfits as they are b

At the end Peter refuses Avengers membership and hopefully they can make him more like a Spider-Man as we know him.

Ken

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)