• R. E. Feist and R. Jordan Similarities

From dmcminn777@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Oleg "Ptitsa" Ozerov on Tue May 29 11:07:20 2018
    On Monday, April 24, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Oleg "Ptitsa" Ozerov wrote:
    Of course, authors dig stuff out of the same sources, etc, etc... But, the way I see it, author 1 reads a book by author 2 from before and decides: " well, this is not really plagiarism, since this is also a Gibberish legend
    of the Wer-Ahm-Ay tribe in central Intercontinentia from 3000 years ago...". Or author 1 had read the book by author 2 at some point and when writing his own remebered some concept but couldn't quite remember where it came from.
    I don't think that taking other writers' minor concepts or terminology is bad, at any rate. It probably is unhumanly hard to write a book without taking absolutely anything from somebody else. Everybody is influenced by what they have read before, consciously or subconsciously. Likewise, it is unfair to expect that in the future writers will not take anything from the WOT. It is too influential of a work in the genre.

Back to the point.

A fairly generic point. Tomas of Crydee picks up the armor of Valheru and gets memory flashbacks and gains the skill, magic, and memories of the
    Dragon Lord to some extent. Weak parallel to Mat.

Not generic at all. The plotting of the Tsurani High Council members and
    the general bickering between Tsurani noble families is referred to as 'the Great Game' (among other names).

Hadati hillmen are mentioned to have a code of honor in which it gains you more honor to touch your opponent (and live) than to kill one. Also, one such Hadati hillperson saves a certain Prince's life and then says that there's no debt, it is rather he , the hillman, repaying the debt (Prince's father died fighting for the Hadati villages against invaders). You know
    who it all looks like.

Now, I am _not_ implying anything or saying that RJ copied this blindly
    Frankly, I don't care a single little bit. Copyright law generally stinks, imo). I am simply bringing this literal similarities between the two
    series. And, if you haven't read the Riftwar saga yet, and you don't know what to read in anticipation of the WH, read it. It's really good. Strats off a bit slowly, but picks up eventually.

O.

I was actually reading magician again last night and notice all of these as well as the fact that the seanchan are very similar to the tsuraniā€¦ I don't mind though even with these similarities the two worlds and stories are VERY different.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)