• Re: THE FAQS OF LIFE. LOC SPOILERS

From Timothy Bruening@21:1/5 to Pam Korda on Thu Jan 20 01:08:02 2022
    I have found the incident in which Siuan said that she was the 5th consecutive Blue Amyrlin when in fact there was a Grey Amyrlin just 2 Amyrlins before her.

On Wednesday, November 30, 1994 at 10:14:40 AM UTC-8, Pam Korda wrote:
    Here is part 1 of 5 of the WOTFAQ, updated for LOC. there be spoilers here.

THE FIRES OF HEAVEN<<
    *In TFoH, on the Cover, we are told that "FLAIDA" (sic) is now Amyrlin. *Something very strange happened between 10 and 20 years ago. In
    <TGH: 4, 58, Summoned, 49> the Amyrlin says to Moiraine "I am the fifth
    in a row raised to the Amyrlin Seat from the Blue." Two pages earlier, we learn that Siuan Sanche has been Amyrlin for ten years. In <TFoH: 15, 301, What Can Be Learned in Dreams, 214>, Moiraine says to Egwene: "In a few months it will be twenty-one years since we began the search for the Dragon Reborn. Sieren Vayu was raised to Amyrlin shortly after, a Gray with more than a touch of Red in her." Were there really SEVEN different
    Amyrlins in the space of a dozen years? (The Blue who held the seat
    when Rand was born, Vayu, and then the five Blues who ended with Siuan Sanche.) Or is this just a Jordan mistake?<Courtenay Footman>

But what is a TGH reference doing in the TFOH section?

*In <TFoH: 36, 578, A New Name, 409>, Birgitte tells Elayne "You saved my life, Daughter-Heir of Andor. I will keep your secret and serve you as Warder." But later in <TFoH: 47, 775-6, The Price of a Ship, 550>
    Birgitte verbally scolds Elayne for telling Cerandin she was heir to a throne, and doesn't believe it until Nynaeve makes an offhand comment
    in <TFoH: 49, 803, To Boannda, 570>.
    *Rand Balefires Rahvin, erasing his actions, etc. However, none of Rand's injuries, all sustained at the hands of Rahvin, disappear--they were in- stead Healed by Nynaeve afterwards. <TFoH: 55, 949, The Threads Burn, 672-3> <Sean Hillyard> [Arguably an effect of either Tel'aran'rhiod or balefire.]

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)