• Re: AMYRLIN SEAT BREAKS FIRST OATH! ACOS Spoilers

From Timothy Bruening@21:1/5 to Timothy Bruening on Thu Jan 20 00:56:14 2022
    On Thursday, June 20, 1996 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Timothy Bruening wrote:
    AMYRLIN SEAT BREAKS FIRST OATH! Details below. Spoilers for A Crown of
    Swords up to Chapter 12, and for the Shadow Rising, Chapter 47:
    I believe I have caught Siuan Sanche telling an outright lie, at a time when she was still bound by the Three Oaths. In tSR, Chapter 47, Elaida springs her infamous coup. Elaida and her supporters walk into Siuan's office and Shield her from the OP as Elaida calmly removes Siuan's stole and informs
    her that she has been removed from the Amyrlin seat. Elaida then binds
    Siuan with Air. On page 766 of the paperback tSR, Siuan angrily tells
    Elaida that "There has never been a rebellion inside the Tower". However,
    at the bottom of page 247 in Chapter 12 of ACOS, Egwene thinks to herself that there have been six mutinies in the White Tower's history, hidden away in the Tower's secret histories. The secret histories are accessible only
    to the Amyrlin, Keeper, Sitters, and a few librarians. I believe that
    Amyrlin Siuan would have had access to the secret histories and thus would have known about the six mutinies. Therefore, I believe that Siuan lied when she said that there had never been a rebellion in the Tower, at a time when Siuan was still bound by the First Oath (she hadn't been Stilled yet). Here are the sources of my belief that Amyrlin Siuan knew about the rebellions in the hidden records:
    On page 25, Amyrlin Elaida thinks about the ancient rebellions buried in the secret records open only to Amyrlin, Keeper, and Sitters. If Amyrlin Elaida knows about those rebellions, then so did Amyrlin Siuan. On pages 156, 212 and 246 are indications that Siuan was familiar with the Tower's secret history. On page 156, Egwene muses to herself that Siuan had told her
    secret details of some of the odd things that have happened in the Tower.
    On page 212, in the last paragraph, Egwene comments that she doubts that anyone has ever been raised Amyrlin without first being a full Aes Sedai,
    and thinks to herself that that comment should have elicited a comment from Siuan about the Tower's hidden records. At the top of page 246, Siuan says that there is nothing in the secret records about Amyrlins demanding oaths
    of fealty.

Another AS lying incident: I thought I remembered Siuan once saying (Maybe in The Great Hunt) that she was the 5th consecutive Amyrlin raised from the Blue Ajah. But according to the list of Amyrlins on page 216 of The World of Robert Jordan's The
    Wheel Of Time, a Grey was raised to the Amyrlin Seat 2 Amyrlins before Siuan.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)