• Need advice for projector and screen solution

From e.peldzius@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 31 07:06:00 2017
    Hello,

we are planning several shows were big projection screen would be used as a background, but I am new to these solutions, so I need some advice.

Requirements for screen:
    size - ~7m x ~4x (~22ft x ~13ft)
    rear projection
    view angle - >120° (because people will be as near as 6m)
    screen need to be compatible to projector with ultra short throw lens (as I understood not all can do that?)
    screen need to be portable

Requirements for projector:
    need to be compatible with ultra short throw lens (space in the back is limited - 4-5m)

and with projector there is a lot of other questions:
    which technology is better - DLP (issue - rainbow effect) or LCD (issue - screen door effect, dead pixels)?
    how many lumens I need for big screen with no other light/small lights on scene for clear background?
    why projectors contrast vary from 1000:1 to 1000000+:1? Or is it no big deal? which projector light technology is better? Is it worth to change metal-halide lamps or is it better to use laser technology?

I found only scraps of information about big rear projection screen so I would appreciate any information about that.

Also I found projectors variety in technologies used for lighting, image forming and other parameters combinations overwhelming for new guy so I would really appreciate if You could share Your knowledge and experience.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From kd5lct@endofnet.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 2 05:44:21 2017
    You can use mirrors to increase the "distance" of the throw.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From e.peldzius@gmail.com@21:1/5 to kd5...@endofnet.com on Wed Jun 7 23:44:36 2017
    On Friday, June 2, 2017 at 3:44:23 PM UTC+3, kd5...@endofnet.com wrote:
    You can use mirrors to increase the "distance" of the throw.

I need this for mobile show, which will be assembled and disassembled every time so mirror set up would just add additional work.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05