• Classic Text Adventures podcast transcripts

From logicandchaos1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon May 15 06:43:35 2017
    You don't know why people don't like spaghetti code? Programmers tend to like it when they can sit down and read the code and it makes sense, when you are spending more time trying to figure out the code then you spend writing code, that is terrible,
    this is even more problematic for working on someone else's code or forgotten projects. The only reason to write in spaghetti code now is so other programmer's won't understand it. Work on some big games then tell us how much you love spaghetti code :P
    when you are a 10000 lines and want to add a new feature and it's all spaghetti code.. why don't people like coding like this? :P

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From logicandchaos1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon May 15 06:25:45 2017
    I just started programming my own text adventures, and I can say that some people in the IF community are really arrogant, I made a retro styled text adventure in 2 weeks for a class project and everyone had so much fun playing it so I uploaded it and
    started joining IF communities so I could promote it, my future games and learn more about IF. I was posting about working on conversational AI for NPCs, a pet project of mine and this guy starts hating on my game I made a year ago because he says it
    doesn't have any of the features that I'm talking about working on for my future projects, basically I made a bunch of different posts about 2 different projects and he decided to lump it all together and hate on it. He said my game was retro and I
    needed to go back and learn what IF used to mean, I replied that if my game was retro wouldn't I need to learn about modern IF? He complained there was no prose in my game, even though he admitted to never playing it, he just based everything on the pics
    I posted, so because the 5 pics I had posted didn't show lots of prose he said the entire game did not have any, he rated my game 1 and gave it a bad review, the jokes on him though his trolling gave the game more publicity :P here is my game for anyone
    interested:
    http://gamejolt.com/search/games?q=epic%20prose https://www.facebook.com/epicProse/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)