• It's been awhile since we've visited our "Old Friend".

From Mikchiaheads@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 9 18:36:58 2023
    Just returned home from a trip to Walt Disney World(11/2/2023 to 11/6/2023). It's been almost 5 years since we've been to "The World" due to Covid. Stayed at Port Orleans - Riverside. Not much has changed at Riverside other than no daily room cleaning
    and my old refillable mug did not work :-/ The place looked and felt the same as I remember having stayed there several years ago.

As far as the parks are concerned, the weather certainly cooperated(low 80s - with no rain). Attendance was moderate to heavy most days. We still have not returned to eating at indoor restaurants either in our home town nor in the Orlando area. This put
    a damper on the trip for me even knowing we would not be eating indoors before the trip. I have a list of observations compiled during our trip. It is as follows in no particular order:

Seeing Tron in person at night was impressive.
    Virtually no masks on guests nor cast members.
    Backlot restaurant void of movie props except a motocross bike.
    No Tigger plushes to be found :-/
    No antenna toppers in stores.
    Very few refrigerator magnets.
    "Wallcot" is alive and well :-/
    Christmas music on Main St. has already started along with a multi-story Christmas tree.
    Many runners walking through the parks with medals proudly displayed around their necks.
    Many sightings of signs, storefronts, statues and props used in "Where in WDW" - RIP Mr. Fendrick.

Overall, It was a very enjoyable trip. I just had to post like I use to do, shortly after arriving home safely. I was hoping to see a few more familiar names here on rec.arts. Oh well, TTFN

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Steve Soares@21:1/5 to Mikchiaheads on Fri Nov 10 07:04:44 2023
    Thanks for posting. There are very few of us left!

Steve S.

On 11/9/2023 9:36 PM, Mikchiaheads wrote:
    Just returned home from a trip to Walt Disney World(11/2/2023 to 11/6/2023). It's been almost 5 years since we've been to "The World" due to Covid. Stayed at Port Orleans - Riverside. Not much has changed at Riverside other than no daily room cleaning
    and my old refillable mug did not work :-/ The place looked and felt the same as I remember having stayed there several years ago.

As far as the parks are concerned, the weather certainly cooperated(low 80s - with no rain). Attendance was moderate to heavy most days. We still have not returned to eating at indoor restaurants either in our home town nor in the Orlando area. This
    put a damper on the trip for me even knowing we would not be eating indoors before the trip. I have a list of observations compiled during our trip. It is as follows in no particular order:

Christmas music on Main St. has already started along with a multi-story Christmas tree.
    Many runners walking through the parks with medals proudly displayed around their necks.
    Many sightings of signs, storefronts, statues and props used in "Where in WDW" - RIP Mr. Fendrick.

Overall, It was a very enjoyable trip. I just had to post like I use to do, shortly after arriving home safely. I was hoping to see a few more familiar names here on rec.arts. Oh well, TTFN

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JG@21:1/5 to Mikchiaheads on Sun Nov 12 11:06:37 2023
    On Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 8:37:00 PM UTC-6, Mikchiaheads wrote:

As far as the parks are concerned, the weather certainly cooperated(low 80s - with no rain). Attendance was moderate to heavy most days. We still have not returned to eating at indoor restaurants either in our home town nor in the Orlando area. This
    put a damper on the trip for me even knowing we would not be eating indoors before the trip. I have a list of observations compiled during our trip. It is as follows in no particular order:

USF is worth 2 days just for the Hogwarts ecosystem. And no Wallcot fencing to trap umbrella needy "Guests". I just waited 15 minutes in a USF Gift shoppe for rain. Iger's a Cannibal CEO

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05