DAY 5 – Sunday 5/9/21
    Who: Sue (62), DVC Member
    SB (63), husband
    Pete & Judy (60’s), DVC friends
    Chris (34), son
    Amanda (32), daughter-in-law
    Ari (4), grandson

Plan: Beach, any Serg

Actual: Last night after we all retreated to our beds I watched the Happily Ever After fireworks show again. Other than seeing the horrific crowds in attendance, it was a nice ending to a wonderful Disney day.

I was up at the usual time, making my cappuccino and taking it back to bed. Around 7 I made us breakfast, and Ari came out of their room while we were finishing up. I made his egg and he started eating, and soon Chris & Amanda came out and made their
    breakfast. It’s another beautiful day outside, and warmer than the 2 previous mornings.

SB & I got ready for the beach and headed over about 9. Once again my parking spot was available and the beach was gorgeous! The sky was clear blue, sun was warm, wind was slight – it was just a perfect beach day! We set up our chairs in the usual
    spot and about 30 minutes or so later Pete & Judy arrived. Shortly after they got there the Hollands joined us.

Ari had a lot of fun playing with his sand toys, running to & from the tide pool, splashing through the tide pool, etc. Amanda had brought a pair of mini kites, and Chris got them flying – each kite was smaller than my smartphone, but they were cute
    and easy to get up into the air. I did some reading while Pete & SB talked, and everyone had a nice relaxing morning.

Around noon we decided it was time to head back, so we loaded the chairs into my car to take back to Gainesville. A few days ago Pete & Judy changed their plans. They were due to spend a couple nights in Savannah before flying home but they decided
    they didn’t want to leave Hilton Head. The Disney resort didn’t have anything available, so they booked the Marriott right on the beach (very close to Disney’s beach house) and will just go back to Savannah to catch their flight Wednesday morning.
    I’m sure Savannah’s very nice, but I wouldn’t want to leave here either.

Back in the villa I heated up some rotisserie chicken with cole slaw for SB. I nibbled on leftovers, and Amanda did the same. Ari had a little chef boy r dee pasta thing, and I’m not sure what Chris had. We basically were eating stuff from the
    fridge to avoid taking it all home or throwing it out. I took my shower & got dressed, then drove over to fill up the gas tank (Kroger) and continued to Kroger to shop for cheese. I picked up a few small pieces for me and I think I got 4 selections for
    Holli to thank her for feeding our feral cat while we have been gone.

When I got back to the villa SB was in the shower and the others were still napping. I poured the last of the first bottle of wine I’d brought (brought 2 – the 2nd one is unopened still) and took it and the laptop out to the picnic table on the
    porch to update the report. It’s so nice & quiet out here!

I put a few things in the car, and then went inside and waited for Ari to wake up. By 3:45 he was still asleep so I texted Pete and suggested the 4 old people go for a drink at the bar and wait for the Hollands. He agreed. I let Amanda know, and Ari
    was starting to wake up so she said they’d be right behind us. SB & I walked over to Live Oak Lodge to meet Pete & Judy and we drove over to Black Marlin.

I was a bit concerned when the parking lot was mobbed. We parked far away and walked up to the restaurant, seeing a massive crowd of people. I waited and told the staff at the desk that we were here for happy hour and then would be wanting to have
    dinner. She told me they were booked solid all night and were not taking any walk-ups! However, if we could find a high-top table at the outside bar or a booth in this odd building off to the side, we could drink and eat from the whole menu.

We headed back around the bar and no high-tops were available. We went into the odd little building and it sucked! The booths were all empty, although half were filthy. The music was loud and a couple of guys at the bar were even louder. We tried to
    make it work and sat there not getting any attention from a server. The bartender told Pete a couple times he’s sending someone over. The Hollands arrived and although we had the biggest booth it was a bit small for our party so they sat at the booth
    next door. This didn’t work for our last night together.

The server came by with menus, then left. I called One Hot Mama’s to see if they were also slammed and they said there was no wait. We left Black Marlin & drove over there, which was only 1.9 miles away. There we were seated immediately, but I think
    the person didn’t hear me clearly (damn masks) and sat us at a table for 6. I asked the manager for a bigger table and we were sent to the nearby table for 8.

The food was excellent, but massive! SB ordered 20 wings as an appetizer for the table – half lemon pepper and half Jack Daniels. They were pretty big wings, and excellent! For meals Ari had the brisket sliders, which looked good. Chris had pulled
    pork stroganoff, which he liked. Amanda ordered the fried chicken thinking it was a boneless breast but it was half of a massive chicken! This puts 50’s Prime Time Café to shame. And it costs less!

Judy had a gigantic salad, Pete a burger, and SB got the medium size rib dinner (a lot of ribs). I ordered from the appetizer menu – something like Mac Stack. It was a brick of fried mac & cheese topped with brisket, topped with slaw. There’s no
    way a person could eat this and then eat an entrée! It was different, but good – and no, I didn’t finish it. I’m not sure anyone finished their meal – maybe Pete with the burger. Amanda gave us the overstuffed large carryout container with 3
    pieces of fried chicken and mac & cheese she didn’t eat. We also had a small container that we crammed the rest of the ribs and a few wings into. No point in going out to eat tomorrow night with all this!

We settled the checks and I used another $15 Serg reward we’d earned. Back at the resort we put the food away and then the Hollands & I decided to go out for another walk. First we dropped off the pool towels and then returned a movie to the
    Mercantile. We answered the trivia question correctly but didn’t win the prize.

Tonight we walked along the marina but then cut over down the path by the old KingFisher (which has a sign saying it’s slated for demolition) out to the road. We turned around there and headed back, but when we came to the bridge they continued into
    the resort while I detoured to walk around Shelter Cove Harbor. It was such a nice nice, and I’ll really miss being here.

When I returned to the villa the Hollands were eating up the rest of their desserts (couple things from the bakery, some gelato, watermelon slices, etc. Amanda mentioned SB’s key lime brulee was still in the fridge, so I finished that (it wasn’t
    much). Chris ran some of their stuff out to their car, and we retreated to our beds to watch various things before bedtime. I wanted to catch American Idol and was able to do that.

Today was a fabulous day – perfect weather, great beach time, great company, and after a rough start we had a very good dinner (but too much food). Someone commented this needs to be the restaurant on the first day, so we have the rest of the trip to
    eat the leftovers, lol!

Tomorrow Chris’ family is heading back to Bonita Springs with a few stops along the way. We’re meeting Pete & Judy for a farewell breakfast at Hilton Head Diner before we hit the road for home and they get ready to move to the Marriott.

Sue/WDW1972

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Rudeney@21:1/5 to All on Mon May 10 23:07:14 2021
    On 5/9/2021 7:47 PM, Sue/WDW1972 wrote:

Around noon we decided it was time to head back, so we loaded the
    chairs into my car to take back to Gainesville. A few days ago Pete
    & Judy changed their plans. They were due to spend a couple nights
    in Savannah before flying home but they decided they didn’t want to
    leave Hilton Head. The Disney resort didn’t have anything available,
    so they booked the Marriott right on the beach (very close to
    Disney’s beach house) and will just go back to Savannah to catch
    their flight Wednesday morning. I’m sure Savannah’s very nice, but I wouldn’t want to leave here either.

I'd recommend they do spend some time in Savannah. It's not he beach
    but it's a lot of fun.

I called One Hot Mama’s to
    see if they were also slammed and they said there was no wait. We
    left Black Marlin & drove over there, which was only 1.9 miles away.
    There we were seated immediately, but I think the person didn’t hear
    me clearly (damn masks) and sat us at a table for 6. I asked the
    manager for a bigger table and we were sent to the nearby table for

Thank goodness we have canceled our mask ordinance! A few places still
    have signs saying masks are required, but Costco is the only one
    actually enforcing it. BTW, have you been following Janie's trip to
    WDW? She's deaf and has had a horrible time trying to get CMs to drop
    their masks so she can read lips, and she has been attacked by CMs
    several times for she and her family droping their masks so they can communicate. I think she needs to find a good ADA lawyer.

The food was excellent, but massive! SB ordered 20 wings as an
    appetizer for the table – half lemon pepper and half Jack Daniels.
    They were pretty big wings, and excellent! For meals Ari had the
    brisket sliders, which looked good. Chris had pulled pork
    stroganoff, which he liked. Amanda ordered the fried chicken
    thinking it was a boneless breast but it was half of a massive
    chicken! This puts 50’s Prime Time Café to shame. And it costs
    less!

Um, 99% of restaurants outside of WDW are less expensive than WDW
    restaurants!

--

- RODNEY

Next WDW Vacation?
    Who knows!

Need to know more about RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks)?

http://www.radp.org
    http://allears.net/btp/radp_bk.htm
    http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

Are you still accessing RADP via Google? Why?
    Get instructions on how to access to the "real"
    RADP Usenet Group here:

http://meets.radp.org/usenet.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sue/WDW1972@21:1/5 to Rudeney on Tue May 11 16:34:18 2021
    On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 12:07:19 AM UTC-4, Rudeney wrote:

BTW, have you been following Janie's trip to
    WDW? She's deaf and has had a horrible time trying to get CMs to drop
    their masks so she can read lips, and she has been attacked by CMs
    several times for she and her family droping their masks so they can communicate. I think she needs to find a good ADA lawyer.

No - please point me in the direction to find it. I'm surprised her family doesn't wear the clear masks - I saw a couple on servers in Hilton Head, and it complies with the mask rule but leaves the mouth fully visible for lip-reading. I'd heard of them
    online but had never seen anyone with one until this trip. Disney has been pretty clear - if your disability doesn't permit you to wear a mask, then you need to not be there at this time. I'm assuming their lawyers would be ready to defend that
    position - and in the case of a deaf guest those clear masks should have eliminated the problem.

As a non-deaf person I found the clear masks to look odd - it's been over a year since I've seen a server's mouth/lips, lol!

Sue/WDW1972

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rudeney@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 18 07:44:10 2021
    On 5/11/2021 6:34 PM, Sue/WDW1972 wrote:
    On Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at 12:07:19 AM UTC-4, Rudeney wrote:

BTW, have you been following Janie's trip to WDW? She's deaf and
    has had a horrible time trying to get CMs to drop their masks so
    she can read lips, and she has been attacked by CMs several times
    for she and her family droping their masks so they can communicate.
    I think she needs to find a good ADA lawyer.

No - please point me in the direction to find it. I'm surprised her
    family doesn't wear the clear masks - I saw a couple on servers in
    Hilton Head, and it complies with the mask rule but leaves the mouth
    fully visible for lip-reading. I'd heard of them online but had
    never seen anyone with one until this trip. Disney has been pretty
    clear - if your disability doesn't permit you to wear a mask, then
    you need to not be there at this time. I'm assuming their lawyers
    would be ready to defend that position - and in the case of a deaf
    guest those clear masks should have eliminated the problem.

As a non-deaf person I found the clear masks to look odd - it's been
    over a year since I've seen a server's mouth/lips, lol!

Sue/WDW1972

It's on her FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/janie.schulthies

You'll have "friend" her.

I understand DIS's policy on not admitting guests whose disability
    prevents them from wearing a mask, but that does not mean they aren't
    violating ADA. There are of lawsuits already stacked up against
    companies who have done this. A lawyer friend of mine is handling a few
    and he said it looks like they are going to win big money on this.

At first they were afraid judges (and juries they go to trial) might
    fall into the trap of believing that it's a public health crisis so an
    and that everyone is an asymptomatic super-spreader, blah, blah, blah.
    That would mean it would not be an ADA violation based on the
    "reasonableness" clause. Defendants have tried to play that card, and
    have cases dismissed, but judges have upheld it stating that unless you
    can prove that the mask-less person was in fact an asymptomatic
    super-spreader, then there was no threat to public health. Now,
    combined with the big CDC debacle declaring that vaccinated persons are
    now magically not super-spreaders and don;t have to wear masks, the
    xases are looking pretty good.

In Janie's situations, yes, she and her family could have worn "clear"
    masks, except that it still violated DIS's policy requiring a CLOTH mask
    of minimum two layers of fabric. Of course they may have excepted that
    given her being deaf, but that wasn't really the issue. The issue was
    that CMs were wearing solid masks so that Janie could not communicate
    with them by reading their lips. She wrote a letter to DIS explaining
    this but has had no response.

For a company that prides itself (and normally does an excellent job) of accommodating persons with disabilities, I believe they dropped the ball
    here. Instead of using logic and reason and science, they bowed to the
    small minority of people who are so afraid of COVID that they rarely
    leave the house and treat encounters with other humans as if they are
    savage murderers. I would bet that if DIS had surveyed guests coming
    into that parks months ago and asked, "Would you come here tomorrow if
    we did not require masks?" that the overwhelming majority would say yes.

--

- RODNEY

Next WDW Vacation?
    Who knows!

RADP Usenet Group here:

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sue/WDW1972@21:1/5 to Rudeney on Tue May 18 16:47:04 2021
    On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 8:44:14 AM UTC-4, Rudeney wrote:

For a company that prides itself (and normally does an excellent job) of accommodating persons with disabilities, I believe they dropped the ball here. Instead of using logic and reason and science, they bowed to the
    small minority of people who are so afraid of COVID that they rarely
    leave the house and treat encounters with other humans as if they are
    savage murderers. I would bet that if DIS had surveyed guests coming
    into that parks months ago and asked, "Would you come here tomorrow if
    we did not require masks?" that the overwhelming majority would say yes.

Thanks Rodney - some of what she experienced was clearly ridiculous on Disney's part. No wonder she's frustrated.

An old dvc friend of mine is at WDW now, and was commenting about how great it is to go without a mask in stores, but she was surprised to see so many people wearing masks. I wasn't sure she (& her party) were vaccinated, but I replied to her explaining
    that the many masks she was seeing was because unvaccinated people are supposed to still wear them. I went on to say that I'm sure there will be some unvaccinated who will skip the mask just because they can get away with it, but they're no threat to me
    personally since I've had the vaccine - and the only ones at risk are other unvaccinated, which doesn't bother me.

She replied back to share her views - the vaccine kills people, masks don't help, masks make you sick, covid was created by Dr. Fauci in a lab because he's trying to sell "the cure" which he also developed, the hydroxochlorine or whatever drug Trump
    mentioned really works, Fauci is the most evil man on the planet, many of our politicians including her state's governor are owned by "CCP" but hopefully some day they'll get what's coming to them. I had to look up CCP and it's Chinese Communist Party.
    Needless to say, I didn't reply back - our future conversations will be limited to dvc resorts and I won't be making any effort to get together when we're both at Disney. Her views to me are absolute lunatic material. Sadly, she's not alone.

Sue/WDW1972

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rudeney@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 18 23:31:33 2021
    On 5/18/2021 6:47 PM, Sue/WDW1972 wrote:
    On Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 8:44:14 AM UTC-4, Rudeney wrote:

For a company that prides itself (and normally does an excellent
    job) of accommodating persons with disabilities, I believe they
    dropped the ball here. Instead of using logic and reason and
    science, they bowed to the small minority of people who are so
    afraid of COVID that they rarely leave the house and treat
    encounters with other humans as if they are savage murderers. I
    would bet that if DIS had surveyed guests coming into that parks
    months ago and asked, "Would you come here tomorrow if we did not
    require masks?" that the overwhelming majority would say yes.

Thanks Rodney - some of what she experienced was clearly ridiculous
    on Disney's part. No wonder she's frustrated.

An old dvc friend of mine is at WDW now, and was commenting about how
    great it is to go without a mask in stores, but she was surprised
    see so many people wearing masks. I wasn't sure she (& her party)
    were vaccinated, but I replied to her explaining that the many masks
    she was seeing was because unvaccinated people are supposed to still
    wear them. I went on to say that I'm sure there will be some
    unvaccinated who will skip the mask just because they can get away
    with it, but they're no threat to me personally since I've had the
    vaccine - and the only ones at risk are other unvaccinated, which
    doesn't bother me.

My take on this is that if the vaccine works (and I believe it does),
    then there is no reason for a vaccinated person to worry much. Yes, it
    is still possible for vaccinated people to contract the virus, but even
    if they do, it seems the risk of serious illness is very low and the
    risk of hospitalization and death is pretty much zero. Now that the
    vaccine is readily avaialble to anyone that wants it, everyone should
    get it unless they have a valid reason for not getting it. And if they
    do have a valid reason, then they should be the ones responsible for
    themselves to mask-up, social distance, stay home, and quarantine. If
    someone chooses not to get the vaccine because of some strange belief,
    then let them suffer the consequences.

She replied back to share her views - the vaccine kills people, masks
    don't help, masks make you sick, covid was created by Dr. Fauci in a
    lab because he's trying to sell "the cure" which he also developed,
    the hydroxochlorine or whatever drug Trump mentioned really works,
    Fauci is the most evil man on the planet, many of our politicians
    including her state's governor are owned by "CCP" but hopefully some
    day they'll get what's coming to them. I had to look up CCP and it's
    Chinese Communist Party. Needless to say, I didn't reply back - our
    future conversations will be limited to dvc resorts and I won't be
    making any effort to get together when we're both at Disney. Her
    views to me are absolute lunatic material. Sadly, she's not alone.

OMG! There's some definite crazy going on there! Of course the problem
    is, not everything she says is 100% wrong. One of my college majors was statistics so I love crunching numbers. I can give you pages and pages
    of science that shows how masks did not help slow or stop the spread.
    For some people (like me, as I have recently discovered), masks can be a
    health hazard. There is a condition of mask-induced asthma that can
    cause some serious problems. Fauci is a media whore and a narcissist. I
    don't say that based on what I see in the news, but what I know about
    him from people who have dealt with home over the years. My mother was
    house staff director for a major university health system where she
    recruited and manged internal medicine residents. Fauci would REQUIRE
    that they pay him to come speak once a year. He was a a complete ass
    and demanded all sorts of "super star" treatment and perks.

I once worked for a very prominent doctor who was dong AIDS research
    back in the 80's. I was creating the computer programs to do the
    statistical analysis from his data. He worked very closely with Fauci,
    but when it began to be evident that our project was going to overshadow Fauci's research, funding was pulled and access to databases was
    revoked. Basically, Fauci demnanded credit for the work and used
    mobster tactics to make sure he got it, even though he had nothing to do
    with it.

The problem is, conspiracy theorists like your DVC friend cause people
    to not take some of these issues (masks inefficiency and Fauci's
    grandstanding) seriously. Oh, and the same goes for hydroxychloroquine.
    While it may or may not be a good treatment for COVID, the main
    reason it was debunked was because of a study that showed it had an
    increased risk of heart failure. Later, that finding was reversed, but
    it was too late to go back and study it as a possible therapy for COVID.

What I do find very humorous now is that the same people who were
    yelling at me to "follow the science" when I was using science to show
    that masks were not reducing infections, are now ignoring the science
    that the CDC has presented to us as of last Thursday that says
    vaccinated persons don't need to wear masks. So, was the CDC wrong then
    or are they wrong now? You can't have it both ways!

--

- RODNEY

Next WDW Vacation?
    Who knows!

RADP Usenet Group here:

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mr Mme@21:1/5 to All on Mon May 24 00:01:37 2021
    A VOTRE ATTENTION SVP!!! PRENEZ LE TEMPS DE LIRE : OBTENEZ VOS CRÉDITS ENTRE PARTICULIER EN TOUTES SÉCURITÉ

Bonjour,
    Je suis un citoyen Français , je me met à la disposition des personnes ayant des soucis financier.Vous allez vous engager sur plusieurs années et un choix inadéquat peut compromettre votre projet. Ainsi donc pour toutes personnes désireuse de faire
    un emprunt financier, Je suis dans L'ASSOCIATION DE PRÊTEURS SERIEUX ENTRE PARTICULIER SUR LE PLAN MONDIAL.

Français ,Guadeloupe, Réunion; Guyane Française, Mayotte;Martinique, Belges, Suisse; Canada toute la France
    Métropole,Partout dans le monde Particulier sur toute l’Europe et dans le Monde Entier ( France , Belgique , Suisse , Roumanie , Italie , Espagne , Canada , Portugal , Luxembourg , Guyane, Réunion , Mayotte , Guadeloupe , Martinique , Polynésie franÃ
    §aise , Nouvelle-Calédonie … )
    Nous sommes toute affaire disponible à répondre à toute votre doléance surtout dans le cadre de vous aider à octroyer des prêts d\’un taux très abordable de 2% .

* Prêt immobilier

* Prêt à l'investissement

* Prêt automobile

* Dette de consolidation

* Marge de crédit

* Deuxième hypothèque

* Rachat de crédit

* Prêt personnel a tout Particulier , Entreprises un octroie allant de 10.000€ à 500.000€ ,Vous êtes interdits bancaires et vous n'avez pas la faveur des banques ou vous avez besoin d'argent pour payer des factures ou mieux encore vous avez un
    projet et n'avez pas le financement n'hésitez pas à me contacter pour un premier contact veuillez me contacter par courriel à l'adresse suivante:

joanhernandez2104 @ gmail.com

Au plaisir de vous lire

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05