DAY 4 – Saturday 5/8/21
    Who: Sue (62), DVC Member
    SB (63), husband
    Pete & Judy (60’s), DVC friends
    Chris (34), son
    Amanda (32), daughter-in-law
    Ari (4), grandson

Plan: Beach, any Serg

Actual: Last night I took my ipad and rocked in one of the rocking chairs out on the porch for about 30 minutes before it got dark. It was so nice out there! A few other people were out but nobody was loud, and the pool trivia had long since ended.
    During Dec/Jan it’s too cold to be out there much, so this was nice. SB was pretty much asleep by then – I stayed up until around 9:30.

I got up around 5:15 and SB was already online reading articles. I made my cappuccino and took it back to bed. Ari came in around 7 and sat with me. Eventually we went out to the living room and worked on a wooden dump truck kit I’d bought in the $1
    section at Target. Boy was that hard – I’ll never buy that stuff again! As expected for $1, it won’t last.

Chris & Amanda started cooking the eggs benedict, and I texted Pete & Judy to come on over. Breakfast was excellent – and we all enjoyed sitting around talking after we ate. I helped clean up the dishes, along with Chris. Pete asked what time
    breakfast would be tomorrow, lol! Housekeeping showed up to do our trash & towel, but since we are in the villa she could only take our towels (that we had to bring to her) and drop off the big trash bag full of new towels & supplies. It’s a covid
    thing.

Pete & Judy headed home and I was on my way to the beach by 10. The others were going to the pool here at the resort – or so they said. Chris, Amanda & Ari went to the pool but SB never got up off the bed where he was watching tv and something on his
    laptop.

I thoroughly enjoyed the beach – it was warm, very slight breeze, and not crowded at all. Pete & Judy arrived about 30 minutes later, and we watched 3 dolphin swimming by again. It was so pleasant enjoying their company in such a pretty place – I
    love the beach here! We all agreed we’d be very happy living on the beach here.

Around 12:15 or so we gathered up our stuff and went back to the resort, planning to meet later for happy hour at Poseidon. When I got home that’s when I found SB still laying on the bed and he confirmed he hadn’t gone to the pool but planned to
    later. I doubt it will happen, but even if he tried he’d probably be turned away due to the pool being at capacity. I was going to do laundry but noticed the others were probably in their bedroom napping, so that didn’t work out.

I took my shower & got dressed, then heard people in the living room. Chris & Amanda were walking over to the bakery to get some chocolate thing Amanda loves that had sold out 5 minutes before they got there last night. I asked if the washing machine
    would wake up Ari, and Chris thought it probably would so I waited.

I took my laptop out to the kitchen table and got caught up on the report. They came back with a couple of the molten lava cakes – guess Amanda really loved them! We talked about dinner and they decided to skip Poseidon in favor of trying somewhere
    new. They hunted around online and decided on Holy Tequila. They tried to make a reservation, but were told the restaurant only takes a few reservations each day and leaves the rest for walk-ins. I think they’re going to head over around 4:30.

I put my laundry in even though Ari was still asleep (he’d slept long enough) and it didn’t wake him. The washing machine here is really slow – I wouldn’t buy one of these. I took my laptop out to the porch and sat in the rocking chair to play
    some jigsaw puzzles online and enjoy the pretty setting. The only noise was birds chirping and the occasional door closing somewhere. It was nice! While I was out on the porch Ari must have woken up and Chris texted me to say they were going out &
    would be back after dinner.

I texted Pete to confirm 3:45 as our meeting time. Just before 3:45 SB & I walked over to Live Oak Lodge. Pete drove us to Poseidon, and we were disappointed to see the Nauti Bar totally full. They sat on a bench while I went inside to confirm the
    Rooftop Bar would be open for happy hour. They confirmed, so we waited outside until 4 and then went inside & went upstairs when they opened up.

It's much nicer up here – it’s not on the roof, but it’s the 2nd story. The view from the outside tables is prettier. We really liked it! We ordered drinks then perused the menus. I stuck with the pimento cheese since that’s why I come here.
    It was outstanding. Pete got some type of oyster appetizer and Judy got the appetizer beef sliders. I’ve had those before and they’re excellent! SB went with a big meal – stuffed shrimp, shrimp, scallops and ritz cracker crusted cod, along with
    rice and veggies. He loved his – said it was all great. I texted Holli a couple pictures, since she loves Poseidon. She agreed the Rooftop looked great!

After dinner we drove back to the resort, and Pete dropped us off by our room. The Hollands were still out. SB called his friend Scott, who is in the ICU with covid. I was happy to learn Scott wasn’t one of those fools who are against the vaccine (I
    didn’t really think he was). He was due to start his vaccines when his wife brought covid home from work. He’s recently retired law enforcement, in excellent shape – no medical issues, not obese, never smoked in his life, runs marathons, etc.
    His wife did fine – he’s been in the ICU for a week and they’re telling him he’ll probably be there 30+ days. He is afraid he won’t make it – and he may be right, but hopefully not. They’ve talked about a ventilator, but he’s resisting.

I left SB & Scott chatting and took a glass of wine and my laptop out to the porch. I downloaded the photos off the camera (not very many) and decided to upload them to an album. It was so nice out on the porch – I absolutely love it here this time
    of year and hate that school conflicts with it going forward. The weather is perfect, and it’s so nice and quiet even though the resort is sold out.

The others were back by 6:30, and their dinner was outstanding. Evidently it’s an upscale Mexican place – not tacos and nachos. Chris had surf & turf fajitas and Amanda had a pair of blackened mahi mahi filets over Mexican cheese rice, pineapple
    salsa & adobo sauce with crispy tortilla chips. She ate the whole thing, so it had to be amazing! They were going for a walk so I joined them. We returned the last movie and I answered the trivia question at the Mercantile. It used to be if you got
    it right you got a Hershey’s miniature, but we all know how those spread covid so they don’t do that right now. Instead, you’re entered into a drawing if you get the answer right, and they bring you a gift bag with a magnet & some Hershey’s
    miniatures in a covid-resistant plastic bag. Amanda won a couple days ago.

From there we walked to the far end of the resort, and then walked along the marina over to Shelter Cove Harbor all the way to the end by Ela’s. We saw a few kayakers coming in and a jetski going out. We also saw the Holiday (Captain Mark’s ship)
    leaving for their sunset dolphin cruise. San Miguel’s had a couple of musicians/singers performing outside San Miguel’s to a packed crowd. It would be so great to be sitting there over drinks listening to the music in this great weather! Ari
    thought one of the performers looked like Grandpa Floyd, but it wasn’t him <g>. The real Grandpa Floyd was laying on the bed watching the Twins’ game.

We came back to the resort and Amanda heated up a chocolate lava cake. They may have added some gelato I saw in the freezer, but can’t be sure since I wasn’t inside. Ari & I sat out on the porch in the rocking chairs, where he chattered away about
    anything and everything. A few people were out at the grill in view of our porch, cooking dinner. There are grills scattered throughout the resort, each with a couple picnic tables and a hammock.

By now it was almost 8:30, and it was getting dark outside. Hard to believe we were in bed by 6:30 last night, lol. Ari is wide awake, thanks to his 3+ hour nap! SB is engrossed in the ballgame. Amanda came out to the porch to see if Ari was ready
    for bed – clearly the answer was not yet.

Today was a fabulous day! Eggs benedict for breakfast with everyone was really great. The beach was divine, and perfect weather! Dinner at Poseidon is always great, and I’m glad I finally tried the Rooftop Bar over there. The evening with Ari on
    the porch was really nice too.

Tomorrow is sadly our last full day – this trip has flown by. We will head to the beach in the morning and hope the wind isn’t too awful. I think our last night dinner will be at Black Marlin.

Sue/WDW1972

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Rudeney@21:1/5 to All on Sat May 8 22:12:48 2021
    On 5/8/2021 7:28 PM, Sue/WDW1972 wrote:

Actual: Last night I took my ipad and rocked in one of the rocking
    chairs out on the porch for about 30 minutes before it got dark. It
    was so nice out there! A few other people were out but nobody was
    loud, and the pool trivia had long since ended. During Dec/Jan it’s
    too cold to be out there much, so this was nice. SB was pretty much
    asleep by then – I stayed up until around 9:30.

OK, I was really getting worries about that 6:30pm bedtime! :-P

Chris & Amanda started cooking the eggs benedict, and I texted Pete &
    Judy to come on over. Breakfast was excellent – and we all enjoyed
    sitting around talking after we ate. I helped clean up the dishes,
    along with Chris. Pete asked what time breakfast would be tomorrow,
    lol!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing! I love eggs Benedict, but almost
    never have it!

Housekeeping showed up to do our trash & towel, but since we
    are in the villa she could only take our towels (that we had to bring
    to her) and drop off the big trash bag full of new towels & supplies.
    It’s a covid thing.

So I guess science has determined that garbage can transmit COVID but
    wet towels cannot?

Pete drove us to Poseidon, and
    we were disappointed to see the Nauti Bar totally full. They sat on
    a bench while I went inside to confirm the Rooftop Bar would be open
    for happy hour. They confirmed, so we waited outside until 4 and
    then went inside & went upstairs when they opened up.

It's much nicer up here – it’s not on the roof, but it’s the 2nd
    story. The view from the outside tables is prettier. We really
    liked it! We ordered drinks then perused the menus. I stuck with
    the pimento cheese since that’s why I come here. It was outstanding.
    Pete got some type of oyster appetizer and Judy got the appetizer
    beef sliders. I’ve had those before and they’re excellent! SB went
    with a big meal – stuffed shrimp, shrimp, scallops and ritz cracker
    crusted cod, along with rice and veggies. He loved his – said it was
    all great. I texted Holli a couple pictures, since she loves
    Poseidon. She agreed the Rooftop looked great!

A great meal, with a view, enjoyed with good friends - it's the dinner trifecta! :-)

SB called his friend Scott,
    who is in the ICU with covid. I was happy to learn Scott wasn’t one
    of those fools who are against the vaccine (I didn’t really think he
    was). He was due to start his vaccines when his wife brought covid
    home from work. He’s recently retired law enforcement, in excellent
    shape – no medical issues, not obese, never smoked in his life, runs marathons, etc. His wife did fine – he’s been in the ICU for a week
    and they’re telling him he’ll probably be there 30+ days. He is
    afraid he won’t make it – and he may be right, but hopefully not. They’ve talked about a ventilator, but he’s resisting.

Oh crap! That's terrible! I hope he gets better. I wonder if he is
    blood type A-negative? I've heard that is a high risk factor, even more
    so that obesity and smoking. I am so grateful that my COVID bout was
    nothing but a typical cold and loss of smell. Even after having it, I
    go the J&J shot. I heard it's better for people previously infected
    with COVID. Sure enough, I had no side effects. I think the later in
    the evening, the day after my shot, I felt a bit "fatigued" but that was
    it.

The others were back by 6:30, and their dinner was outstanding.
    Evidently it’s an upscale Mexican place – not tacos and nachos.

Sorry, I'd have to pass. I'm pretty hard-core when it comes the Mexican
    food - it better be the traditional tacos, nachos, burritos, etc. or I
    pass. I don;t care how outstanding the mole sauce is! :-P

We returned the last movie and I answered the trivia question at the Mercantile. It used to be if you got it right you got a Hershey’s miniature, but we all know how those spread covid so they don’t do
    that right now. Instead, you’re entered into a drawing if you get the answer right, and they bring you a gift bag with a magnet & some
    Hershey’s miniatures in a covid-resistant plastic bag. Amanda won a
    couple days ago.

Oh, thank goodness it's in a COVID-resistant bag! :-P

San Miguel’s had a couple of
    musicians/singers performing outside San Miguel’s to a packed crowd.
    It would be so great to be sitting there over drinks listening to the
    music in this great weather! Ari thought one of the performers
    looked like Grandpa Floyd, but it wasn’t him <g>. The real Grandpa
    Floyd was laying on the bed watching the Twins’ game.

LOL!

By now it was almost 8:30, and it was getting dark outside. Hard to
    believe we were in bed by 6:30 last night, lol. Ari is wide awake,
    thanks to his 3+ hour nap! SB is engrossed in the ballgame. Amanda
    came out to the porch to see if Ari was ready for bed – clearly the
    answer was not yet.

Of course he's not ready for bed - he's spending quality time with you! :-)

--

- RODNEY

Next WDW Vacation?
    Who knows!

Need to know more about RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks)?

http://www.radp.org
    http://allears.net/btp/radp_bk.htm
    http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

Are you still accessing RADP via Google? Why?
    Get instructions on how to access to the "real"
    RADP Usenet Group here:

http://meets.radp.org/usenet.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rudeney@21:1/5 to All on Sun May 9 10:04:45 2021
    On 5/8/2021 7:28 PM, Sue/WDW1972 wrote:

Actual: Last night I took my ipad and rocked in one of the rocking
    chairs out on the porch for about 30 minutes before it got dark. It
    was so nice out there! A few other people were out but nobody was
    loud, and the pool trivia had long since ended. During Dec/Jan it’s
    too cold to be out there much, so this was nice. SB was pretty much
    asleep by then – I stayed up until around 9:30.

OK, I was really getting worries about that 6:30pm bedtime!

Chris & Amanda started cooking the eggs benedict, and I texted Pete &
    Judy to come on over. Breakfast was excellent – and we all enjoyed sitting around talking after we ate. I helped clean up the dishes,
    along with Chris. Pete asked what time breakfast would be tomorrow,
    lol!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing! I love eggs Benedict, but almost
    never have it!

Housekeeping showed up to do our trash & towel, but since we
    are in the villa she could only take our towels (that we had to bring
    to her) and drop off the big trash bag full of new towels & supplies.
    It’s a covid thing.

So I guess science has determined that garbage can transmit COVID but
    wet towels cannot?

Pete drove us to Poseidon, and
    we were disappointed to see the Nauti Bar totally full. They sat on
    a bench while I went inside to confirm the Rooftop Bar would be open
    for happy hour. They confirmed, so we waited outside until 4 and
    then went inside & went upstairs when they opened up.

It's much nicer up here – it’s not on the roof, but it’s the 2nd story. The view from the outside tables is prettier. We really
    liked it! We ordered drinks then perused the menus. I stuck with
    the pimento cheese since that’s why I come here. It was outstanding.
    Pete got some type of oyster appetizer and Judy got the appetizer
    beef sliders. I’ve had those before and they’re excellent! SB went with a big meal – stuffed shrimp, shrimp, scallops and ritz cracker crusted cod, along with rice and veggies. He loved his – said it was
    all great. I texted Holli a couple pictures, since she loves
    Poseidon. She agreed the Rooftop looked great!

A great meal, with a view, enjoyed with good friends - it's the dinner trifecta!

SB called his friend Scott,
    who is in the ICU with covid. I was happy to learn Scott wasn’t one
    of those fools who are against the vaccine (I didn’t really think he
    was). He was due to start his vaccines when his wife brought covid
    home from work. He’s recently retired law enforcement, in excellent
    shape – no medical issues, not obese, never smoked in his life, runs marathons, etc. His wife did fine – he’s been in the ICU for a week
    and they’re telling him he’ll probably be there 30+ days. He is
    afraid he won’t make it – and he may be right, but hopefully not. They’ve talked about a ventilator, but he’s resisting.

Oh crap! That's terrible! I hope he gets better. I wonder if he is
    blood type A-negative? I've heard that is a high risk factor, even more
    so that obesity and smoking. I am so grateful that my COVID bout was
    nothing but a typical cold and loss of smell. Even after having it, I
    go the J&J shot. I heard it's better for people previously infected
    with COVID. Sure enough, I had no side effects. I think the later in
    the evening, the day after my shot, I felt a bit "fatigued" but that was it.

The others were back by 6:30, and their dinner was outstanding.
    Evidently it’s an upscale Mexican place – not tacos and nachos.

Sorry, I'd have to pass. I'm pretty hard-core when it comes the Mexican
    food - it better be the traditional tacos, nachos, burritos, etc. or I
    pass. I don;t care how outstanding the mole sauce is!

We returned the last movie and I answered the trivia question at the Mercantile. It used to be if you got it right you got a Hershey’s miniature, but we all know how those spread covid so they don’t do
    that right now. Instead, you’re entered into a drawing if you get the answer right, and they bring you a gift bag with a magnet & some
    Hershey’s miniatures in a covid-resistant plastic bag. Amanda won a couple days ago.

Oh, thank goodness it's in a COVID-resistant bag!

San Miguel’s had a couple of
    musicians/singers performing outside San Miguel’s to a packed crowd.
    It would be so great to be sitting there over drinks listening to the
    music in this great weather! Ari thought one of the performers
    looked like Grandpa Floyd, but it wasn’t him <g>. The real Grandpa
    Floyd was laying on the bed watching the Twins’ game.

LOL!

By now it was almost 8:30, and it was getting dark outside. Hard to
    believe we were in bed by 6:30 last night, lol. Ari is wide awake,
    thanks to his 3+ hour nap! SB is engrossed in the ballgame. Amanda
    came out to the porch to see if Ari was ready for bed – clearly the
    answer was not yet.

Of course he's not ready for bed - he's spending quality time with you!

--

- RODNEY

Next WDW Vacation?
    Who knows!

Need to know more about RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks)?

http://www.radp.org
    http://allears.net/btp/radp_bk.htm
    http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

Are you still accessing RADP via Google? Why?
    Get instructions on how to access to the "real"
    RADP Usenet Group here:

http://meets.radp.org/usenet.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05