DAY 3 – Friday 5/7/21
    Who: Sue (62), DVC Member
    SB (63), husband
    Pete & Judy (60’s), DVC friends
    Chris (34), son
    Amanda (32), daughter-in-law
    Ari (4), grandson

Plan: Beach, Frankie Bones

Actual: I slept really well last night – in fact we both did. I was up at 5:15 and SB was up shortly after that. Yesterday Ari was coughing more and more as the day went on. He’s real good about coughing into his elbow (better than most adults),
    but he clearly is coming down with a cold. Evidently he coughed a lot during the night and Amanda texted to say he has a fever. She had some medicine but it was past the expiration date. SB headed out around 6:30 to run an errand and would be stopping
    at Kroger to get more bread, so he’ll also get some new medicine for Ari.

Today the morning is cooler, and it might be a bit chilly on the beach for the first hour or so. It’s also expected to be more windy. The best beach time would be afternoon today, but that doesn’t work for us. SB came back with a loaf of bread and
    Ari’s medicine, saying that once again he turned a 5-minute trip into an hour. He has a knack for that – circling around to find the destination, which in this case ended up being in the Kroger parking lot (an ATM).

We made breakfast, and Ari came out just before we ate. SB had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage & toast. I had my egg, bacon & slice of toast. Ari had an egg – this morning he didn’t want any sausage. He said he didn’t feel well, but when Amanda
    said they’d probably just stay here at the resort suddenly Ari decided he felt good now <g>. He got another dose of medicine at 8:30, so we’ll see what they do. I think it may help to let him burn off some energy running around in the sun, but they
    can keep it to a shorter timeframe & still let him enjoy the beach.

I texted Pete to let them know that although it was still chilly we planned to head over around 9, but leave the beach at noon. I also filled them in on the lunch timeframe. SB is interested in the pool, so he may use the pool at the beach house for a
    bit. Just before 9 we got ready for the beach and headed over there a little after 9. Once again I parked in “my” spot underneath the beach house.

Yesterday and today there was one beach chair and a beach umbrella laying there. I commented that it must be somebody who comes over by bicycle and just trusts his stuff will be left alone. Sure enough, when leaving there was one bicycle and the beach
    stuff was gone.

SB decided to go up to the pool first, and I went out to set up our chairs on the beach. Before long he was back, saying there were a bunch of loud guys in the pool talking to each other and he was looking for peace & quiet. Just then Chris, Amanda &
    Ari showed up. Today it was cooler, with a north wind that made it chilly at times. When the wind would die for a moment the sun felt great.

They skipped the umbrella since it was so windy, and others who tried had some pretty funny results. Fortunately the beach wasn’t crowded, so when an umbrella would blow down nobody was close enough to get hit. SB sat there in his chair with his
    facemask still on, which cracked us up. We had a nice morning – Ari ran around a lot and played in the sand. I did some reading. Chris’ family left around 11 and SB decided to ride back with them. I stayed until noon, then packed up and returned
    to the resort.

When I came inside Chris was putting together a Lego vehicle and everyone else was asleep. I took my shower and got dressed, then SB woke up and did the same. He had a half chicken sandwich to tide himself over. I spent time on the phone with a friend
    at work, and Amanda & Ari joined us in the living room. Ari loved the Lego car and played with it on the floor.

We agreed to head out at 3pm, so I let Pete & Judy know. We had a little time so I pulled out a 48-piece Marvel jigsaw puzzle and we worked on that together. By the time we finished it was time to meet Pete & Judy. We walked over to Live Oak Lodge,
    where SB & I rode with Pete & Judy. Chris, Amanda & Ari got their car from the charger and headed over to Frankie Bones. We all arrived about the same time and waited a few minutes while they put together a big table for us in the dining room. It was
    too early for happy hour, and the bar wouldn’t have worked because the high-top tables were round (too hard to put together) and the booths only sat 4.

The menu here, like at most Serg restaurants, is extensive – you could eat here every day for a month and still not try everything. It’s all so good, too. We ordered drinks, and then SB started with an appetizer – toasted ravioli. This was a
    very large portion – no way could a person eat this and also an entrée! We struggled to finish it among the 5 of us willing to try, and it was excellent! I never expected it to be that good, and neither did he.

The lunch menu was in effect, which means lower prices and slightly smaller portions – still more than enough to eat though. Amanda got the balsamic chicken breast but substituted pasta alfredo instead of what it normally came with. Chris got the
    chicken alfredo and Ari had the kids’ cheeseburger slicers w/shoestring fries. Judy got a pasta primavera with lots of squash. Pete had the schein schnitzel (one of my favorites) with the red cabbage and spatzle. SB got his favorite – spaghetti &
    meatballs. I had one of my favorites – the meatball sliders, one of which went to SB. Of all the meals I think the schnitzel was the big winner – Pete was oohing and aahing with each bite <g>. SB bought dinner for the group tonight, which was very
    nice. We forgot to get the Disney discount, though.

After dinner we rode back with Pete & Judy since Chris’ family was going shopping to make us all breakfast (eggs benedict) tomorrow. After Pete ran his leftover schnitzel up to their villa we walked over the bridge to Scott’s Fish Market. The bar
    was empty but it didn’t really work because there were fat poles on each corner. Sitting 4 next to each other isn’t conducive to conversation, and sitting 2 on either side of the corner would have had the pole in the way. Instead, SB took a 4-
    seater high top table next to the bar.

The bartender was very good, and we ordered drinks (beer for the guys, wine for the women). At times the wind blew hard – it was almost like last night with the fan, only cooler. I was glad I had my jacket, and Pete & Judy did as well. We ordered a
    second round and SB got up to talk to the bartender about something. Soon 2 pieces of chocolate peanut butter cake with candles arrived to celebrate Judy’s birthday, but with the wind the candles wouldn’t light. Today is Judy’s actual birthday –
    she’s 70. It’s so hard to believe, because she doesn’t look or act it – but then again, these days 70 isn’t old (for most people – there are some old farts who are old at 50 <g>). The cake isn’t something I ever would have ordered, but
    wow was it delicious! We came very close to polishing off both pieces, and we were uncomfortably full at that point. I think SB & I both left some of our 2nd drink on the table, too full to finish it.

We walked back to the resort, and SB & I walked along the marina to get back to our villa. Nobody was home, so I thought maybe the others were at the pool. They do trivia by the pool in the early evening, and outside you can hear the microphone blaring
    the questions. I’m glad they didn’t put us in a building AT the pool. As it is, we’re 1 building away so we hear the noise outside but not inside. However, the others weren’t at the pool – they were at the Mercantile picking up a movie for
    Ari.

Turns out they’d walked over to Shelter Cove Harbor and saw us sitting at Scott’s. They went to the bakery again and got dessert. The adults were all tired, so we agreed it was bedtime even though it was just after 6:30! It worked for all of us,
    and Ari went along with it. They watched his movie in their room, while SB & I did our own things. Pete had texted to see if we knew about Happily Every After being shown on the tv. This is a recording of the castle event at Magic Kingdom, and it runs
    every 30 minutes from 6pm til 9:30pm. I hadn’t watched it, and the crowds have kept me from ever wanting to see it in person (maybe if I was staying at Bay Lake Tower for some reason I’d consider it), so his call was a nice reminder. I mentioned it
    to Amanda but they’ve all seen it in person. I watched it and it was really nice. I greatly preferred watching it on tv vs being in the mob scene there, waiting for it to start and then dealing with horrendous crowds getting back to a resort.

At Scott’s tonight Pete & Judy were talking about Poseidon and it was clear they wanted to go there again. I’m always up for a repeat there, and SB was also excited. We decided to go there again, and since it’s not a favorite for Chris & Amanda I
    figured they should pick the restaurant for the other night. When we saw them back in the villa I shared this with them, and they suggested that the 4 of us go to Poseidon and that night they’d go somewhere else. That’s fine too. We’ll figure it
    out tomorrow when we’re all together, in terms of which night for separate plans and where to go on the other night.

At this point we’re all comfortably being lazy in our beds, which almost seems a shame since it’s still daylight and it’s so pretty outside. It was another great day – I love the beach here, and it’s nice sharing it with family & friends.

Tomorrow Chris will make us eggs benedict before we head over to the beach. After that, plans aren’t nailed down yet – but I’m sure it’ll be happy hour dinner somewhere. Maybe I’ll get out to see the sunset again, if the bugs aren’t biting.

Sue/WDW1972

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Rudeney@21:1/5 to All on Sat May 8 21:13:50 2021
    On 5/7/2021 6:38 PM, Sue/WDW1972 wrote:

Yesterday Ari was coughing more and more as the day went on. He’s
    real good about coughing into his elbow (better than most adults),
    but he clearly is coming down with a cold. Evidently he coughed a
    lot during the night and Amanda texted to say he has a fever.

Oh no! Poor Ari!

SB came back with a loaf of bread and Ari’s medicine, saying
    that once again he turned a 5-minute trip into an hour. He has a
    knack for that – circling around to find the destination, which in
    this case ended up being in the Kroger parking lot (an ATM).

LOL! Jan can do that, too. She says she just needs to run in the store
    for something quick, and it ends up being an hour or more shopping trip.

Ari had an egg – this morning he didn’t want any sausage.
    He said he didn’t feel well, but when Amanda said they’d probably
    just stay here at the resort suddenly Ari decided he felt good now
    <g>. He got another dose of medicine at 8:30, so we’ll see what they
    do.

Awww! I hope the medicine keeps him going. It sounds lke he really
    doesn't want to be sick.

Just before 9 we got ready for the beach and headed over there a
    little after 9. Once again I parked in “my” spot underneath the beach house.

LOL! They just need to go ahead an put your name on it. :-)

They skipped the umbrella since it was so windy, and others who tried
    had some pretty funny results. Fortunately the beach wasn’t crowded,
    so when an umbrella would blow down nobody was close enough to get
    hit. SB sat there in his chair with his facemask still on, which
    cracked us up.

LOL! I saw the photo on FB.

We had a nice morning – Ari ran around a lot and
    played in the sand.

It sounds like hes doing a good job of pushing through that cold! Good
    for him!

After Pete ran his leftover schnitzel up to their villa we walked
    over the bridge to Scott’s Fish Market. The bar was empty but it
    didn’t really work because there were fat poles on each corner.
    Sitting 4 next to each other isn’t conducive to conversation, and
    sitting 2 on either side of the corner would have had the pole in the
    way. Instead, SB took a 4-seater high top table next to the bar.

The bartender was very good, and we ordered drinks (beer for the
    guys, wine for the women). At times the wind blew hard – it was
    almost like last night with the fan, only cooler. I was glad I had
    my jacket, and Pete & Judy did as well. We ordered a second round
    and SB got up to talk to the bartender about something. Soon 2
    pieces of chocolate peanut butter cake with candles arrived to
    celebrate Judy’s birthday, but with the wind the candles wouldn’t
    light. Today is Judy’s actual birthday – she’s 70. It’s so hard to believe, because she doesn’t look or act it – but then again, these
    days 70 isn’t old (for most people – there are some old farts who are
    old at 50 <g>).

I remember as a child when my grandparents were in their 50s and the
    seem so old. Then they were in their 70's and that seemed ancient. But
    now that I am not so far from being 70, it doesn't seem that old.
    Although I have to admit, having a bunch of orthopedic issues can sure
    make me "feel" old!

The cake isn’t something I ever would have ordered,
    but wow was it delicious! We came very close to polishing off both
    pieces, and we were uncomfortably full at that point. I think SB & I
    both left some of our 2nd drink on the table, too full to finish it.

Wow, when Floyd leaves food behind, you know it was too much!

The adults were all tired, so we agreed it was bedtime even though it
    was just after 6:30!

What?! 8-o

At this point we’re all comfortably being lazy in our beds, which
    almost seems a shame since it’s still daylight and it’s so pretty outside.

I think maybe once in my life I have gone to bed before the sun set.
    And if I recall correctly, that was when I was very sick and ended up in
    the hospital the next day.

--

- RODNEY

Next WDW Vacation?
    Who knows!

Need to know more about RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks)?

http://www.radp.org
    http://allears.net/btp/radp_bk.htm
    http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

Are you still accessing RADP via Google? Why?
    Get instructions on how to access to the "real"
    RADP Usenet Group here:

http://meets.radp.org/usenet.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)