From Sue/WDW1972@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 4 16:40:42 2022
    Who/When/Where:

Who: Sue (63), DVC Member
    SB (64), my husband
    Dates: May 4 – 9, 2022
    Resort: Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort
    Experience: Very Experienced – 26th stay at Hilton Head

INTRODUCTION:
    This is one of the most looked forward to trips each year, and while I’m still looking forward to it, things have changed. It used to be a fun trip with Pete & Judy and Chris, Amanda & Ari. Then Ari went ahead and started kindergarten, so his family
    is out of the picture. That wasn’t awful, as we would still enjoy our time with Pete & Judy, and maybe do the Comedy Magic Cabaret again (where Ari would not be allowed). Then January happened, and Pete died. Judy didn’t feel up to traveling here,
    at least this year. We’ll see if she wants to make the trip next year or some future year – we hope so. SB & I both love Hilton Head and will enjoy being here, but there’s an element of sadness and mourning of what should have been.

With Chris’ family not being able to attend, I booked a 1br villa rather than the 2br villa. Hopefully I contacted DVC and requested to be in Live Oak Lodge. The alternative is underneath a grand villa, which I definitely do NOT want! The 1br gives
    us the space we need to complete the 5-night trip still married. How couples manage in studios is beyond me, lol! I also enjoy having the full kitchen even though all I’m likely to cook is an egg on the stove.

The priorities for the trip are spending time on the beach and dining out. I love the beach here – it’s wide, pretty, and a great place to be! We love our Serg restaurants, and will probably stick with those other than Hilton Head Diner on getaway
    day. Poseidon is always the first night’s location, and that won’t change. Last year after we left Pete & Judy stayed another 3 nights and went to Poseidon all of those nights, lol! I’m thinking we need to start AND end the trip at Poseidon, in
    honor of Pete (plus I love their pimento cheese).

About a month before the trip I checked the Comedy Magic Cabaret website. It’s located less than a mile from the resort and owned by a husband & wife team (Kelly & Kerry). Kerry performs and Kelly takes care of the guests. We’d gone there before
    with Pete & Judy, and I went prior to covid with Holli, and it’s a great evening out. SB wanted to go, so I booked that for Friday night. Unfortunately when the confirmation came I realized I’d booked the next Friday night in APRIL – not the
    Friday night of our trip. It said no refunds, so I emailed Kelly and she very nicely moved us to the date we needed – whew!

Besides Poseidon, SB really likes Frankie Bones (me too), so we’ll do that for a late lunch the night of the comedy show. The other couple nights we can pick from Dockside, Boathouse, Black Marlin, or possibly Nectar. He mentioned doing the Captain
    Mark’s sunset dolphin cruise, but we can probably book that once we’re up there. Later he was waffling on it, so I’m glad I didn’t book it. A couple days before the trip he was a definite “no”, which means he could want to book it once
    there but I’m pretty much over it at this point. I don’t see us doing any of the resort tours, since they occur during beach time for me and SB wouldn’t be interested. That stuff can wait until January when it’s not beach weather and I’m with
    people who will appreciate/enjoy it more.

Overall, this trip is all about beach time, relaxing, and enjoying our Serg restaurants.

The plans so far are:
    Wednesday 5/4: Drive to HHI, Poseidon
    Thursday 5/5: Beach, Dockside or Boathouse
    Friday 5/6: Beach, Frankie Bones, Comedy Magic Cabaret
    Saturday 5/7: Beach, Black Marlin or Nectar
    Sunday 5/8: Beach, Poseidon?
    Monday 5/9: Hilton Head Diner, Drive to Gainesville

Sue/WDW1972

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Steve Soares@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 5 07:15:25 2022
    On 5/4/2022 7:40 PM, Sue/WDW1972 wrote:
    Who/When/Where:

Who: Sue (63), DVC Member
    SB (64), my husband
    Dates: May 4 – 9, 2022
    Resort: Disney’s Hilton Head Island Resort
    Experience: Very Experienced – 26th stay at Hilton Head

INTRODUCTION:
    This is one of the most looked forward to trips each year, and while I’m still looking forward to it, things have changed. It used to be a fun trip with Pete & Judy and Chris, Amanda & Ari. Then Ari went ahead and started kindergarten, so his
    family is out of the picture. That wasn’t awful, as we would still enjoy our time with Pete & Judy, and maybe do the Comedy Magic Cabaret again (where Ari would not be allowed). Then January happened, and Pete died. Judy didn’t feel up to
    traveling here, at least this year. We’ll see if she wants to make the trip next year or some future year – we hope so. SB & I both love Hilton Head and will enjoy being here, but there’s an element of sadness and mourning of what should have
    been.

With Chris’ family not being able to attend, I booked a 1br villa rather than the 2br villa. Hopefully I contacted DVC and requested to be in Live Oak Lodge. The alternative is underneath a grand villa, which I definitely do NOT want! The 1br
    gives us the space we need to complete the 5-night trip still married. How couples manage in studios is beyond me, lol! I also enjoy having the full kitchen even though all I’m likely to cook is an egg on the stove.

The priorities for the trip are spending time on the beach and dining out. I love the beach here – it’s wide, pretty, and a great place to be! We love our Serg restaurants, and will probably stick with those other than Hilton Head Diner on
    getaway day. Poseidon is always the first night’s location, and that won’t change. Last year after we left Pete & Judy stayed another 3 nights and went to Poseidon all of those nights, lol! I’m thinking we need to start AND end the trip at
    Poseidon, in honor of Pete (plus I love their pimento cheese).

About a month before the trip I checked the Comedy Magic Cabaret website. It’s located less than a mile from the resort and owned by a husband & wife team (Kelly & Kerry). Kerry performs and Kelly takes care of the guests. We’d gone there before
    with Pete & Judy, and I went prior to covid with Holli, and it’s a great evening out. SB wanted to go, so I booked that for Friday night. Unfortunately when the confirmation came I realized I’d booked the next Friday night in APRIL – not the
    Friday night of our trip. It said no refunds, so I emailed Kelly and she very nicely moved us to the date we needed – whew!

Besides Poseidon, SB really likes Frankie Bones (me too), so we’ll do that for a late lunch the night of the comedy show. The other couple nights we can pick from Dockside, Boathouse, Black Marlin, or possibly Nectar. He mentioned doing the Captain
    Mark’s sunset dolphin cruise, but we can probably book that once we’re up there. Later he was waffling on it, so I’m glad I didn’t book it. A couple days before the trip he was a definite “no”, which means he could want to book it once
    there but I’m pretty much over it at this point. I don’t see us doing any of the resort tours, since they occur during beach time for me and SB wouldn’t be interested. That stuff can wait until January when it’s not beach weather and I’m with
    people who will appreciate/enjoy it more.

Overall, this trip is all about beach time, relaxing, and enjoying our Serg restaurants.

The plans so far are:
    Wednesday 5/4: Drive to HHI, Poseidon
    Thursday 5/5: Beach, Dockside or Boathouse
    Friday 5/6: Beach, Frankie Bones, Comedy Magic Cabaret
    Saturday 5/7: Beach, Black Marlin or Nectar
    Sunday 5/8: Beach, Poseidon?
    Monday 5/9: Hilton Head Diner, Drive to Gainesville

Sue/WDW1972

Thanks for posting here Sue!

Steve S.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)