• Sue's Riviera Weekend - Plans

From Sue/WDW1972@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 16 14:20:18 2021
    Who/When/Where:

Who: Sue (62), DVC Member
    Dates: June 17 – 21, 2021
    Resort: Disney’s Riviera Resort
    Experience: Very Experienced – 3rd stay at Riviera

INTRODUCTION:
    This was booked as a solo trip when I stumbled across 3 consecutive nights in a Riviera tower studio available several months ago. I had a tower studio booked last time, but when I arrived found I’d been upgraded to a regular studio so I never got to
    try one. I’ve toured a tower studio, and they’re small! The bathroom is huge, which in comparison makes the room seem even smaller. The maximum occupancy is 2 people, and the only bedding is the murphy bed that pulls down from the wall over the
    sofa. The refrigerator is a small cube vs the counter-height models found in regular studios. For myself, for a few nights, I should be able to make it work, but I’ll admit to being less than thrilled at the prospect. However, Riviera is back to
    being impossible to get if you don’t own points there, so I’m thankful to have this stay since it could sadly be my last one.

My park pass is blocked out right now, which is fine with me since it’s too hot to consider spending time in the parks. Also, the lack of fastpass and the increased crowds are a deal breaker. I’ll spend my mornings by the adult/quiet pool, and then
    later either enjoy the resort or venture out for a meal or happy hour. I saw a review for the margherita pizza at the counter service place at the resort (Primo Piazzo) and it was very positive, so I may get one of those one day. Overall the food at
    this resort is a definite step above the other resorts, both counter service and the full service restaurant (Topolino’s). During my Saratoga Springs trip a couple months ago I had some good experiences dining at Disney Springs. If my room isn’t
    ready by the time I arrive I will probably head to the Disney Springs parking garage & try for Gideon’s virtual queue. I can easily sit at the bar in Planet Hollywood for the chicken crunch tenders again. I also booked lunches at Terralina and
    Splitsville for Friday and Sunday. Friday’s reservation will give me a shot at Gideon’s virtual queue in case I didn’t make it over there on arrival day.

About a week before the trip Disney announced that starting a couple days before my trip masks were no longer required indoors for people who are fully vaccinated. That’s great news, and how it should be. The only clowns getting problematic covid
    these days are the unvaccinated people, so the rest of us should be free to live life normally. Granted, the unvaccinated will also not wear masks, since there’s no way to prove your status, but it’s no concern to me since I’m protected. If they
    spread it to other unvaccinated people, that’s fine by me. Disney does require masks on transportation, which I don’t agree with but will follow their rules. Things are changing so quickly now, I think the return to normal is in sight even if we
    don’t have a specific timeframe. We need fastpass though! I’m not standing in line for an hour to do an attraction.

The plans so far are:
    Thursday 6/17: Drive to WDW, Disney Springs?
    Friday 6/18: Pool, Terralina lunch
    Saturday 6/19: Pool, Resort
    Sunday 6/230: Pool, Splitsville lunch
    Monday 6/21: Drive to Gainesville

Sue/WDW1972

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Rudeney@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 17 18:21:27 2021
    On 6/16/2021 4:20 PM, Sue/WDW1972 wrote:

About a week before the trip Disney announced that starting a couple
    days before my trip masks were no longer required indoors for people
    who are fully vaccinated. That’s great news, and how it should be.
    The only clowns getting problematic covid these days are the
    unvaccinated people, so the rest of us should be free to live life
    normally. Granted, the unvaccinated will also not wear masks, since there’s no way to prove your status, but it’s no concern to me since I’m protected. If they spread it to other unvaccinated people,
    that’s fine by me.

Agreed!

Disney does require masks on transportation,
    which I don’t agree with but will follow their rules.

Yeah, I don't get that either. Maybe they figure the air circulation is
    not good enough.

Things are changing so quickly now, I think the return to normal is
    in sight even if we don’t have a specific timeframe. We need
    fastpass though!

Agreed! FP and the end of "park reservations".

I’m not standing in line for an hour to do an attraction.

You are so spoiled! :-P It is funny how back in "the good old days", it
    was rare to wait an hour for an attraction, and then once FP came along,
    almost everything has a 1 hour + standby time.

--

- RODNEY

Next WDW Vacation?
    Who knows!

Need to know more about RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks)?

http://www.radp.org
    http://allears.net/btp/radp_bk.htm
    http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

Are you still accessing RADP via Google? Why?
    Get instructions on how to access to the "real"
    RADP Usenet Group here:

http://meets.radp.org/usenet.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sue/WDW1972@21:1/5 to Rudeney on Fri Jun 18 16:17:27 2021
    On Thursday, June 17, 2021 at 7:21:31 PM UTC-4, Rudeney wrote:

Disney does require masks on transportation,
    which I don’t agree with but will follow their rules.

Yeah, I don't get that either. Maybe they figure the air circulation is
    not good enough.

I rode the skyliner today - sure felt like plenty of air circulation happening in there! Each time I was by myself, so once past the station my mask came off. I assume others did the same in their gondolas.

Sue/WDW1972

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05