From Sue/WDW1972@21:1/5 to All on Mon May 31 08:41:18 2021
    DAY 5 – Monday 5/31/21
    Who: Sue (62), DVC Member
    Holli (50’s), friend
    Chris (34), son
    Amanda (32), daughter-in-law
    Ari (4), grandson

Plan: Drive to Gainesville

Actual: Last night we shared the dessert from Sanaa with Chris – Amanda had cupcakes she’d bought at Sprinkles the night they arrived. The dessert was good (some chocolate thing) and having a third of it gave a taste without it being filling.

The zebra and ostrich were laying on the ground, and 2 of the zebra were laying on their side. They looked like they were dead but evidently that’s just how they lay. We could see their white bellies. I went back inside and Chris stayed out there –
    he came in to say one of them had farted twice, lol!

Chris & Amanda headed to bed just before 10 and Holli & I did the same just after 10. I can wait to pack up in the morning, since it’s a holiday and I don’t have to rush to get to work. I got up a little after 5 and had my cappuccino. I could hear
    Holli up before 7 so I packed up a few things and carried them down to the car. I had my egg/bacon/toast for breakfast and by then Ari & his parents were awake.

They had their breakfast and finished packing up. We all just hung out until the last person was ready, then we left together. Downstairs in the garage we went our separate ways – Holli & I each had our own car, and the Hollands were going to the
    Studios.

This was a really great trip, in many ways. Although the delay getting the room was a pain, the location ended up being really great so I guess I’d say it was worth the wait. Having the covered parking made all the difference, as our stuff wasn’t
    baking in hot cars! We had lots of animals except for that one early evening. None of us had ever seen the zebra laying on their sides like that – too funny! I also enjoyed not bothering with the parks – I’m just not interested in the crowds/
    lines and sweating in the heat. I do hope they bring fastpass back by fall.

The meals Holli & I had were all great – definitely worth repeating, although we’ll look to mix it up a bit. The Gideon’s cookies were delicious, and we were so lucky to hit the virtual queue just right. Our faux concierge lounge was also nice,
    and it wasn’t as much work since we didn’t do the full blown thing every day! Sanaa’s bread service was good, but too much for 2 people. Holli took the leftovers home with her. It’s not something I’d ever order, but there are 2-3 sauces that
    I do like. Ari was fun to have around – everything is an adventure to enjoy with him, including bath time, lol!

My next trip is coming up quickly, and was another impulse decision when I saw availability for a Tower studio at Riviera. I do love that resort, and it’ll be perfect for a relaxing resort trip (no parks). I’ll get in June 17th for 4 nights. After
    that it’s nothing until the week leading up to Labor Day weekend in September.

The photos are on Snapfish (mostly the animals) at https://www.snapfish.com/share?via=link&token=ucjdG1Px2x6Yk2qTFz5WcQ/SFO/27952010054060/SNAPFISH

Sue/WDW1972

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Rudeney@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 1 12:03:12 2021
    On 5/31/2021 10:41 AM, Sue/WDW1972 wrote:

The zebra and ostrich were laying on the ground, and 2 of the zebra
    were laying on their side. They looked like they were dead but
    evidently that’s just how they lay. We could see their white
    bellies. I went back inside and Chris stayed out there – he came in
    to say one of them had farted twice, lol!

Yeah, right - blame it on the zebra! :-P

This was a really great trip, in many ways. Although the delay
    getting the room was a pain, the location ended up being really great
    so I guess I’d say it was worth the wait. Having the covered parking
    made all the difference, as our stuff wasn’t baking in hot cars! We
    had lots of animals except for that one early evening. None of us
    had ever seen the zebra laying on their sides like that – too funny!

It does sound like the location was great.

I also enjoyed not bothering with the parks – I’m just not interested
    in the crowds/lines and sweating in the heat. I do hope they bring
    fastpass back by fall.

Yeah, I'm with you on avoiding the heat and crowds.

The meals Holli & I had were all great – definitely worth repeating, although we’ll look to mix it up a bit. The Gideon’s cookies were delicious, and we were so lucky to hit the virtual queue just right.
    Our faux concierge lounge was also nice, and it wasn’t as much work
    since we didn’t do the full blown thing every day!

It still looks pretty good!

Ari was fun to have around – everything is an adventure to enjoy with
    him, including bath time, lol!

It sounds like Chris and Amanda need to get him a jetted tub...

My next trip is coming up quickly, and was another impulse decision
    when I saw availability for a Tower studio at Riviera. I do love
    that resort, and it’ll be perfect for a relaxing resort trip (no
    parks). I’ll get in June 17th for 4 nights.

Looking forward to it!

After that it’s nothing
    until the week leading up to Labor Day weekend in September.

What?! That will be over two months between trips! How will you ever
    survive! :-P

The photos are on Snapfish (mostly the animals) at https://www.snapfish.com/share?via=link&token=ucjdG1Px2x6Yk2qTFz5WcQ/SFO/27952010054060/SNAPFISH

That zebra did look dead!

Thanks for sharing the TR, Sue!

--

- RODNEY

Next WDW Vacation?
    Who knows!

Need to know more about RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks)?

http://www.radp.org
    http://allears.net/btp/radp_bk.htm
    http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

Are you still accessing RADP via Google? Why?
    Get instructions on how to access to the "real"
    RADP Usenet Group here:

http://meets.radp.org/usenet.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)