From Sue/WDW1972@21:1/5 to All on Sun May 30 18:10:26 2021
    DAY 4 – Sunday 5/30/21
    Who: Sue (62), DVC Member
    Holli (50’s), friend
    Chris (34), son
    Amanda (32), daughter-in-law
    Ari (4), grandson

Plan: Pool, Sanaa?

Actual: After posting the report last night Chris & Amanda joined us on the balcony. The 2 zebra came by to do some eating, and we had several addax. It was getting dark quickly, so it was getting harder to see them. Chris & Amanda decided to go out
    for a drink, so they left around 9 or 9:30. By 10 I was in my bedroom and Holli had set up her sleep sofa in the living room.

I slept well, and got up at 5 to make my cappuccino. Around 7 I could hear the coffee maker running (it’s right outside my door) so I came out and joined Holli in the living room. We made our breakfasts and watched the occasional animals pass by. At
    first there were only addax, but then when the truck of food made its rounds around 8 we had more activity.

The Hollands were up by 8 and Ari sat on the balcony talking to the animals. The ostrich was out again but never gets close. A couple giraffe came up once the truck arrived and started eating from their boxes. Chris cooked breakfast for them, and they
    ate at the dining room table. Ari’s looking forward to taking his bath in my tub again tonight. I think Amanda is too, lol!

Holli & I headed to the pool at Jambo House around 8:45. Once again we set ourselves up on chaise lounges outside the fenced area. Today it was completely overcast for the first hour, so while I didn’t get any sun then I also didn’t sweat. It was
    comfortable. They opened the pool just before 10 (little later than the past 2 days), and we moved inside.

The sun started peeking through, and it got pretty warm in those moments. I did some reading, did some word puzzles, and then around 11:20 I moved over to the shade where Holli was sitting and cooled down for a bit. It had been a nice morning at the
    pool, and it was less busy than the previous days. At no time was it ever crowded, unlike the Kidani pool!

We walked back to Kidani, and I took my shower & got dressed. We’d decided to go ride the Skyliner, so we headed out to the bus stop and boarded the waiting Hollywood Studios bus. I’d heard they were now loading multiple parties together, but while
    we were out it was so uncrowded we always had our own gondola. That’s my preference, because who wants to keep their mask on for the ride?

We had a nice ride over to Caribbean Beach, where we transferred to the Epcot line. Although it was warm outside, it was nice and cool in the gondola. Once we got off at Epcot we took a walk around Crescent Lake – that got a bit toasty! We took a
    brief detour in the Screen Door at Boardwalk for some air conditioning. There were people enjoying eating outside at Big River Grill, but otherwise it was pretty quiet along the boardwalk. Boardwalk Inn is still closed at this point. It’s a shame to
    see Ample Hills Creamery replaced with an ice cream shop charging Disney prices for Edy’s ice cream you can buy in any grocery store.

We walked back to the Skyliner and reversed our route – to Caribbean Beach, transfer to Hollywood Studios. At the studios we went to our bus stop, which is the closest one. Almost immediately a bus came in saying Animal Kingdom Lodge, but it drove
    right past the stop and went around the bend to drop people off. What’s up with that?? Our wait ended up not being too long though (maybe 5 minutes), and I think it may have been that same bus that did a u-turn to come back in & get us. It was time
    for a driver change, so once that was taken care of we were on our way back to Kidani.

We were both getting hungry so we decided to eat some cheese & crackers now, and save Sanaa for later. Holli had mentioned 90 Day Fiance, which is a show I watch (trash tv) and when I turned on the tv to see what was on they were replaying some of the
    recent episodes. We left it on, so she could familiarize herself with the key players prior to the new episode at 8pm.

The Hollands had come home for a short nap while we were gone, so I pulled their door closed to keep it quiet over there. They got up around 3:30 and left for their 4pm dinner at Coral Reef. Holli & I continued watching 90 Day Fiance and spent some
    time on the balconies when the animals came through. At one point we had 5 zebra, along with the other species.

Somewhere after 5 we used the app to mobile order the bread service, kid’s butter chicken meal and a dessert. We walked over and went to the viewing area outside Sanaa. The cast member working out there was very friendly and we talked to her for
    quite a while, learning more about a couple of the specific animals we’ve been seeing. She didn’t know why we had none on the savannah last evening, but it sounded like they hadn’t gone in that morning so got called in for the checking over later
    in the day (it takes about 2 hours).

Eventually we used to app to tell it we’re here & to start preparing our food, but the app gave an error message to go see a cast member. We went inside and a cast member used their computer to get our order started. He said it would be about 15
    minutes. We went back outside and watched the animals some more, and then when we felt a couple drops of rain went back inside. We discovered they have a gopher tortoise living outside the windows, and checked him out.

The wait for the food was much longer than 15 minutes – probably close to twice that. Lots of people were waiting to be seated, and some were waiting for mobile orders. By the time we got the notification the food was ready it was a hot mess down
    there. We were glad to take the bag of food and get out of there.

We walked back to the villa and set the food out on the coffee table. We’d gotten basmati rice for both sides with the kid’s meal so I put one portion of rice on each plate and then put half of the butter chicken on each one. It was a small portion
    of butter chicken, but plenty for a child and it would be fine for me too. We also had the bread service, and enjoyed that but couldn’t come anywhere close to finishing it. The leftovers went in the fridge, and will either go home with Holli or get
    eaten by the others.

The Hollands got back from Epcot around 7:45. Ari was hungry again so they heated up some Chef Boy R Dee for him. When it was bath time he used my big bathtub again, which he’d been looking forward to. They had the tub full of bubbles and Ari was
    having a great time.

The rest of the evening we’re just relaxing, watching trashy tv and checking out animals. For the first time this trip the 2 ostrich came just off our balcony – previously they hung out close to Jambo House. We also had lots of other animals coming
    over just before dark.

Today was another great day – I’ll really miss being here with everyone! Holli said today that we should be able to start each day by the pool, and I agreed. I guess that’s what retirement is, lol.

Tomorrow we all head home, but the Hollands have park reservations at Hollywood Studios first. I still need to pack up my stuff, and plan to be on the road in the morning.

Sue/WDW1972

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Rudeney@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 1 11:55:58 2021
    On 5/30/2021 8:10 PM, Sue/WDW1972 wrote:

Ari’s looking forward to taking his bath in my tub again
    tonight. I think Amanda is too, lol!

It's funny, we are in the middle of remodeling that master bathroom and swapping our jetted tub for a free-standing "soaker" tub. We really
    didn't the tub much. The jets were not in the places I need them most
    (neck and back). I think I'd rather have a hot tub.

We’d
    decided to go ride the Skyliner, so we headed out to the bus stop and
    boarded the waiting Hollywood Studios bus. I’d heard they were now
    loading multiple parties together, but while we were out it was so
    uncrowded we always had our own gondola. That’s my preference,
    because who wants to keep their mask on for the ride?
    We had a nice ride over to Caribbean Beach, where we transferred to
    the Epcot line. Although it was warm outside, it was nice and cool
    in the gondola.

I still don't understand how that "passive cooling" can really work. To
    me it would be like riding in the car with the windows open, and that is
    still no comparison to actual AC!

Once we got off at Epcot we took a walk around
    Crescent Lake – that got a bit toasty! We took a brief detour in the Screen Door at Boardwalk for some air conditioning. There were
    people enjoying eating outside at Big River Grill, but otherwise it
    was pretty quiet along the boardwalk. Boardwalk Inn is still closed
    at this point. It’s a shame to see Ample Hills Creamery replaced
    with an ice cream shop charging Disney prices for Edy’s ice cream you
    can buy in any grocery store.

Too bad they don't let Kilwin's open there. But I guess they make more
    money selling packaged grocery store ice cream at inflated prices.

We were both getting hungry so we decided to eat some cheese &
    crackers now, and save Sanaa for later. Holli had mentioned 90 Day
    Fiance, which is a show I watch (trash tv)

Uh, yeah, trash - the Hostess Twinkies of TV!

--

- RODNEY

Next WDW Vacation?
    Who knows!

Need to know more about RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks)?

http://www.radp.org
    http://allears.net/btp/radp_bk.htm
    http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

Are you still accessing RADP via Google? Why?
    Get instructions on how to access to the "real"
    RADP Usenet Group here:

http://meets.radp.org/usenet.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From slawter@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jun 7 16:33:26 2021
    The Hollands were up by 8 and Ari sat on the balcony talking to the animals. The ostrich was out again but never gets close. A couple giraffe came up once the truck arrived and started eating from their boxes. Chris cooked breakfast for them, and
    they ate at the dining room table. Ari’s looking forward to taking his bath in my tub again tonight. I think Amanda is too, lol!

Wow, eating breakfast at the dining room table with two giraffes ... is
    cool !!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05