From Sue/WDW1972@21:1/5 to All on Sat May 29 17:30:16 2021
    DAY 3 – Saturday 5/29/21
    Who: Sue (62), DVC Member
    Holli (50’s), friend
    Chris (34), son
    Amanda (32), daughter-in-law
    Ari (4), grandson
    Plan: Pool, Faux Concierge Lounge

Actual: The Hollands arrived with Ari coming through the door (they got the room number from the app). For whatever reason, Chris’ magic band wouldn’t work on the studio door but worked on the 1br side. No big deal, since they connect. Today was
    Ari’s last day of preschool before graduation – his glass graduates tomorrow, but they’re missing it since Disney is a higher priority. He got a mylar balloon and gift bag from school today.

Chris & Amanda found their Gideon’s cookies on their dresser, and brought them out to the living/dining room. Amanda ate part of her peanut butter cookie, loving it. Chris ate his entire cookies & cream cookie and said it was amazing. We hung out
    until about 10 then turned in for the night. Ari had gone to bed a little earlier and fell asleep right away.

I watched a little tv before turning out the lights. I ended up sleeping later than normal, and didn’t get up until almost 6. I made my cappuccino and by the time I finished I could hear Ari out in the living room. I opened my door and saw Ari
    leaning against the chair, chattering at Holli who he’d woken up. His parents were up shortly and got ready to head to Magic Kingdom before it opened.

I made my breakfast and ate out in the dining room – egg, bacon & toast. Holli & I walked over to Jambo House a little after 8:30 or 8:45, and today nobody else was out there. We took a couple chairs in my preferred spot, but after about 15 minutes
    she got up and moved over to a shady area. Once again the pool opened by 9:45 and we went inside to claim our same spots from yesterday.

Although it was more humid it actually felt better than yesterday because there was a nice breeze. Around 11:30 we headed back to the resort, and the others were on the bus headed back as well. I threw a load of laundry in, then Holli & I each headed
    to our bathrooms to shower. When I opened the door the Hollands were back, and Ari was eating Chef Boy R Dee for lunch. He was still hungry, so Chris cooked him an egg as well.

After getting dressed & moving the laundry to the drier, Holli & I headed out for lunch. We took the bus to Animal Kingdom, and went to Rainforest Café. Our plan was to sit at the bar, but all the seats were taken – many by young children. Sorry,
    but I wish kids were not allowed to sit “at” the bar. We waited, and eventually a couple decided not to stay and gave us their seats (we’d been stalking 2 women on the other side of the bar who were settling their check).

Our bartender remembered us from last time – in November! She even remembered what she recommended back then, and when we complimented her on her memory she quietly said she remembers the nice people <g>. We each got a glass of wine and shared the
    chicken strips, with the coconut curry sauce. As usual, it was excellent. It was a nice relaxing break,

After settling the check we walked back to the bus stops and boarded our waiting bus. Kidani Village is the first stop, so we were back in no time. When we got up to the villa the others were still napping in their bedroom. I no time at all the door
    opened and Ari joined us in the living room. Chris came out shortly after. Ari had some fruit snacks I’d brought (Spiderman), and then ate salami wrapped around little smoked sausages. The animals were mostly hiding out during the hot part of the
    afternoon, other than one of the addax.

We talked about the Labor Day weekend trip. Once again, I have a club level studio booked, coming in Wednesday night. Chris’ family has a studio for the weekend, and Holli had been planning to go to Philadelphia with her brother. Now we realize Club
    Level is not likely to be happening, and with 2 studios we don’t have a gathering place to hang out. Holli also isn’t going to Philadelphia after all. We agreed we’d all like to stay in a villa, so I booked the only thing available – Saratoga
    Springs standard view. I’ll call at some point and request Paddock section, which I love. Holli will have to sleep in the living room and share my bathroom, but she’s ok with that. She & I will arrive Thursday and the Hollands will come up Friday.

The Hollands will do the parks. I might go in for Food & Wine with them one evening, but otherwise it will be a pool/resort trip. We’ll create our own concierge lounge once again.

Chris & Amanda took Ari to the Kidani pool around 3:30, and I finished up working on the reservations. A group of giraffe came around, and Holli went out to the balcony to watch them. By 4 I’d finished with the reservations so I walked over to the
    pool so Ari could show me what he’s learning at his swimming lessons.

He was doing pretty good – putting his face in the water, learning to float on his back, etc. I was wearing clothes and sneakers, so I stood by the edge and took some pictures before heading back to the villa. Once there I called member services (30-
    minute wait) to request the Paddock section for our Saratoga trip.

The Hollands got back before 5, and I was still on hold with DVC. I got to work making sharks (crescent roll dough with a lil smokie sausage made in a sheet of molds to look like a shark is eating the sausage). Ari was playing something on his ipad so
    he didn’t help like he did at his house earlier in the trip.

Finally the dvc person was on the phone and I added my request for Paddock in September – hopefully they’ll be able to honor it. Holli started cutting up cheeses, and I laid out crackers. We used the bamboo cheese board Chris got me for Mother’s
    Day. It worked out perfectly, with a slate center where we put all the cheeses (around 6 or so different varieties), crackers around the edges and the two spreadable cheeses (garlic herb and honey goat) in the small ramekins.

With 5 of us, we sat at the dining room table. Besides the cheeses we had salami, pepperoni, hummus, pita chips, naan bread, sharks, grapes and chocolate covered almonds. It was a nice time, and once everyone had their fill of eating we cleaned up and
    moved out to the balcony.

Oddly, we had no animals tonight. Both of the previous nights we were overrun with animals out here, so it was really strange – and disappointing. There was a nice breeze and the weather was perfect. I showed Ari how running his hand along the
    railing created music, so he enjoyed doing that for a while. The adults enjoyed our adult beverages and Ari enjoyed ice cubes in the shape of stars and ice cream cones (I’d brought the molds & they’ll take them home).

When it was bath time he used my tub, and loved the jets! Amanda added his bath stuff and there were lots of bubbles. Amanda asked if she could use the tub also, so when Ari was done she took a bath. At 8 Ari went inside to brush his teeth and go to
    bed. Holli & I were still hoping for an animal to appear, but we were losing hope. Just then, a few eland appeared. We saw a few giraffe following a golf cart or truck, but it didn’t come over to our area. At this point I doubt we’ll see anything
    tonight, and it’ll be dark soon. Hopefully tomorrow we’ll have more animals.

Today was a delightful day – loved the pool time at Jambo House, and really enjoyed our little lunch at Rainforest Café. That server is terrific (Lori) – if you get her, you’ll have a great experience. Our faux concierge lounge was excellent,
    although definitely more work than the real one <g>. Spending time on the balcony was also really nice – the weather couldn’t have been any better. As I type this, at 8:17 we suddenly have an influx of animals – several addax, some elands, some
    giraffe – guess they’re just running late today <g>.

Tomorrow the Hollands are headed to Epcot for a couple hours, then back for nap time and then back to Epcot for their Coral Reef dinner. Holli & I will repeat the Jambo House pool and rather than going out for a light lunch we’ll so our main meal mid-
    afternoon and get food from Sanaa to eat in the villa.

Sue/WDW1972

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Rudeney@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 1 11:41:38 2021
    On 5/29/2021 7:30 PM, Sue/WDW1972 wrote:

Today was Ari’s last day of preschool
    before graduation – his glass graduates tomorrow, but they’re missing
    it since Disney is a higher priority. He got a mylar balloon and
    gift bag from school today.

Personally, I think these "graduations" have gotten out of hand. Our
    schools seem to have graduations from each grade. It think it's good to celebrate completing the grade, but to have a ceremony and parents
    having to pay for gowns and take a day off to watch everyone else's kids
    walk across the stage seems a bit wasteful. I'd much rather got to WDW!

I opened my door and saw Ari leaning against the chair,
    chattering at Holli who he’d woken up.

Isn't it Holli who he is planning to marry?

After getting dressed & moving the laundry to the drier, Holli & I
    headed out for lunch. We took the bus to Animal Kingdom, and went to Rainforest Café. Our plan was to sit at the bar, but all the seats
    were taken – many by young children. Sorry, but I wish kids were not allowed to sit “at” the bar.

I agree.

Our bartender remembered us from last time – in November! She even remembered what she recommended back then, and when we complimented
    her on her memory she quietly said she remembers the nice people <g>.

LOL!

We talked about the Labor Day weekend trip. Once again, I have a
    club level studio booked, coming in Wednesday night. Chris’ family
    has a studio for the weekend, and Holli had been planning to go to Philadelphia with her brother. Now we realize Club Level is not
    likely to be happening, and with 2 studios we don’t have a gathering
    place to hang out. Holli also isn’t going to Philadelphia after all.
    We agreed we’d all like to stay in a villa, so I booked the only
    thing available – Saratoga Springs standard view. I’ll call at some point and request Paddock section, which I love. Holli will have to
    sleep in the living room and share my bathroom, but she’s ok with
    that. She & I will arrive Thursday and the Hollands will come up
    Friday.

Poor Holli! She spends her vacations sleeping on the sofa!

--

- RODNEY

Next WDW Vacation?
    Who knows!

Need to know more about RADP (rec.arts.disney.parks)?

http://www.radp.org
    http://allears.net/btp/radp_bk.htm
    http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm

Are you still accessing RADP via Google? Why?
    Get instructions on how to access to the "real"
    RADP Usenet Group here:

http://meets.radp.org/usenet.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)