• [NEWS] Robert Zemeckis in talks to direct live-action Pinocchio

From Nectaria Kiritsi@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 23 03:07:41 2019
    So, it's confirmed that Disney will make a live-action remake of Pinocchio. I hope they will make good CGI designs for Jiminy Cricket, Honest John and Gideon (if they appear). I wonder if they will make it more faithful to the original novel than the
    original animated version? Well, I prefer Jiminy Cricket to be alive for this version just like in the animated version.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Nectaria Kiritsi@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 23 20:21:10 2019
    To tell you the truth, I'm not happy with this live-action remake trend that Disney is still doing either. I don't want all the animated classics to get remade into live-action movies.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Nectaria Kiritsi@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 23 20:17:19 2019
    To tell you the truth, I'm not happy with this live-action trend that Disney is still doing either. I don't want all the animated classics to get remade into live-action movies.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Your Name@21:1/5 to Nectaria Kiritsi on Thu Oct 24 17:31:44 2019
    On 2019-10-24 03:21:10 +0000, Nectaria Kiritsi said:

To tell you the truth, I'm not happy with this live-action remake trend
    that Disney is still doing either. I don't want all the animated
    classics to get remade into live-action movies.

It's not just animated classics nor Disney. It's all of Hollywerid
    that's stuuck in this ridiculous "remake the past" fad (which includes
    remakes, reboots, and resurrections / sequels).

It's at mainly because the lazy talentless hack generation (on both the creative and management sides) infesting Hollyweird can't come up with
    any ideas of their own and often they also egotistically think they
    know better than the original creators ... and pretty much always
    completely screw it up. X-(

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Nectaria Kiritsi@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 23 23:09:02 2019
    Yes, I know that many fairy tales are getting live-action adaptations from various movie companies and not just Disney. Speaking of live-action adaptations of fairy tales, I have made a topic from my Three Little Pigs newsgroup about if a live-action
    Three Little Pigs movie was made: https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/the-three-little-pigs-newsgroup/ltEgjS73UkA

I prefer the Disney pigs and the wolf to stay animated and not turning them into horrible CGI realistic designs. The original 1933 movie short was a classic and I don't want them to ruin it with a horrible live-action remake.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Nectaria Kiritsi@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 23 23:16:22 2019
    ...And I'm also sick of remakes, sequels and reboots. I want Hollywood to stop this remake trend and start making more original movies.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05