• Woodpecker Detectives

From anthony.baranyi@bell.net@21:1/5 to All on Mon Apr 13 16:03:41 2020
    “Kitsutsuki Tanteidokoro”, aka, “Woodpecker Detective Office” is a “Noitamina”-style adaptation of a novel about a penniless poet who opens a detective agency in pre-war Japan. Ishikawa, the poet, is a good natured and laid back guy who
    mooches off of his friends and doesn’t really accomplish much despite his talent. His friend Kyousuke is serious and self-conscious and finds himself drawn into Ishikawa’s schemes.

The first episode is melancholic and leisurely. The artwork gives a dreamlike feel to the scenery and the happenings. The dialog is a bit stiff and unnatural, particularly since much of the dialog is between the two friends. I came out of the first
    episode not really having a positive feeling for either of the two main characters. In the end I didn’t find anything too compelling about the series so I’m not following it any further and my final rating is C.

It’s been that sort of season, this Spring 2020.

In any event, this is the last of the new series that I intended to try and I'm left with only six anime series to follow. I had better start re-watching some old series...

Dave Baranyi

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)