• Zashiki Warashi no Tatami-chan - New Micro-short comedy

From anthony.baranyi@bell.net@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 10 16:07:52 2020
    “Zashiki Warashi no Tatami-chan” is a four minute ONA about a rural Zashiki Warashi (house spirit) who moves to Tokyo because she is curious about Life in the Big City. So she rents a small and rather dumpy apartment where she finds a resident ghost,
    a really bitchy landlady and a nosey monk neighbor. Tatami has a very short and nasty temper for a house spirit and she has no time for the trolling that she gets from her new city acquaintances. But she has taken up the challenge of being successful in
    Tokyo so she won’t back down from trying to do her job.

This is a minimal animation cynical gag show with lots of rapid-fire dialog and machine gun jokes. These sorts of anime micro-shorts tend to be extreme and often off the mark, but they don’t take a lot of time to watch and sometimes the jokes can get
    reasonably good once the situation is set up. So I’ll stick around for a while just to see how it goes. My initial rating is C+.

Dave Baranyi

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From David Johnston@21:1/5 to anthony.baranyi@bell.net on Sat Apr 18 21:58:12 2020
    On 2020-04-10 5:07 p.m., anthony.baranyi@bell.net wrote:
    “Zashiki Warashi no Tatami-chan” is a four minute ONA about a rural Zashiki Warashi (house spirit) who moves to Tokyo because she is curious about Life in the Big City. So she rents a small and rather dumpy apartment where she finds a resident
    ghost, a really bitchy landlady and a nosey monk neighbor. Tatami has a very short and nasty temper for a house spirit and she has no time for the trolling that she gets from her new city acquaintances. But she has taken up the challenge of being
    successful in Tokyo so she won’t back down from trying to do her job.

This is a minimal animation cynical gag show with lots of rapid-fire dialog and machine gun jokes. These sorts of anime micro-shorts tend to be extreme and often off the mark, but they don’t take a lot of time to watch and sometimes the jokes can get
    reasonably good once the situation is set up. So I’ll stick around for a while just to see how it goes. My initial rating is C+.

Dave Baranyi

I found it really repellent.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)