• Rikei ga Koi ni Ochite no de Shoumei Shitemita - Gawd! The Horror!

From anthony.baranyi@bell.net@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jan 10 16:35:20 2020
    “Rikei ga Koi ni Ochite no de Shoumei Shitemita” is a new romcom that pushed so many wrong buttons with me that I am still shaking my head in disbelief. I can’t decide if this is just a cheap failed rip-off of “Big Bang Theory” or if the folks
    who wrote this really think that science graduate students are all like BBT’s Sheldon.

A couple of first year grad students are bantering robotically in a computer lab. They are also wearing lab coats for no comprehensible reason. The girl grad student states out of the blue that she thinks that she loves the guy graduate student. The guy
    graduate student reacts by dropping the candy bar that he has been eating. The guy graduate student asks why the girl graduate student thinks that she loves him. She can’t answer so the two of them attempt to come up with an equation that will
    definitively prove if she does love him or not. They then do a number of tests to try to come up with some data points.

At this point I’m cringing in agony as I fight with myself to not just slam the “delete” button. I force myself to continue to watch in the faint hope that something, anything, funny might occur. Nothing at all does. Mercifully the ending comes and
    I can delete the file.

I’m giving this misbegotten piece of bird crap a “D” only for the character designs of the girls. Otherwise it is an “F” through and through.

Dave Baranyi

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)