No Reviews yet
    !Pre-order!

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Collector's Ultra Edition Blu-ray

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Collector's Ultra Edition Blu-ray
    Trailer SKU: 742617206023

I am not quoting prices here but Preorders save about $75

Release Date: 12/1/2020

Those of you with incurable Gundam addiction can go to the following URL
    for all the information you need, <https://www.rightstufanime.com/Mobile-Suit-Gundam-SEED-Collectors-Ultra-Edition-Blu-ray>

I have to say that TRSI is bold to put this out at this time
    but then you need your Gundam, so I guess you will starve or give up
    something else for it,

bliss

--
    bliss dash SF 4 ever at dslextreme dot com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jack Bohn@21:1/5 to Among the things Bobbie Sellers on Tue Aug 4 09:17:13 2020
    Among the things Bobbie Sellers wrote:

<https://www.rightstufanime.com/Mobile-Suit-Gundam-SEED-Collectors-Ultra-Edition-Blu-ray>

I have to say that TRSI is bold to put this out at this time >but then you need your Gundam, so I guess you will starve or give up >something else for it,

I'm as big a Gundam fan as the average bear. But I don't think I've spent $75 on any series, let alone saved $75. But I'm notoriously cheap.

Let me ask some questions about GS in particular, "Ultra" collections broadly, and anime fans in general.

Episodes 1-48 of the HDTV remastering, and 1-50 of the SD series. ?!? My worst suspicion: final two episodes available in the Mega Ultra Edition. My least-worst suspicion: two recap episodes considered unnecessary. Somewhere in between: tightening
    sloppy storytelling; say a dropped subplot has its scenes excised from the five episodes that were building it up, and those five were reshuffled into three (nonstandard length) episodes. There is a tradition in Gundam of Tomino ordering an island
    episode never to be shown again.

As a thought, is there any "filler arc" or hotsprings episode decried on broadcast that wouldn't elicit howls of outrage on being left out of a physical media release?

Another thought, after two decades since "The End of Evangelion" and "The Star Wars Special Editions" showed the director's vision of how it really is to some fan pushback for how it really was, I'm surprised there isn't more of a tradition of making
    radical changes and selling alternate versions.

Two hours of bonus video features. Call it a disk worth, tho probably spread through the set. I probably wouldn't pay feature price for such a disk. Such "value added material" has tipped my decision to buy a feature, but I'm not sure of any cases for
    anime disks... the Kessler Syndrome bits on "Planetes"!

Art book. Ok, $30-$40, if I want it. Not sure about it describing the art as "HD" and "SD"; unless some pages are done on an old dot matrix printer, that suggests the HD Remaster is an HD recreation.

--
    -Jack

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bobbie Sellers@21:1/5 to Jack Bohn on Tue Aug 4 11:02:47 2020
    On 8/4/20 9:17 AM, Jack Bohn wrote:

<https://www.rightstufanime.com/Mobile-Suit-Gundam-SEED-Collectors-Ultra-Edition-Blu-ray>

I have to say that TRSI is bold to put this out at this time
    but then you need your Gundam, so I guess you will starve or give up
    something else for it,

I'm as big a Gundam fan as the average bear. But I don't think I've spent $75 on any series, let alone saved $75. But I'm notoriously cheap.

#1 I am not a Gundam fan.

#2 You are cheap. I bought the whole DVD set of Maison Ikkoku,
    and both versions of MI in print both Graphic Novel and the manga.
    All of Kimagure Orange Road plus the Movies, all 3, and the OVA. All of Genshiken manga and anime, the original Yawara box set then downloaded
    all the remaining episodes and the HD versions being slowly issued by
    the Fan Subbers plus a bunch of other stuff. If I could get the manga
    I would. I did read first the manga script of KOR and then the manga
    online as well as the fan fiction about college.
    I thought Gundam fans were equally committed.

Let me ask some questions about GS in particular, "Ultra" collections broadly, and anime fans in general.

Fine but ask where you can get answers, at the TSRI site, which is why I included the URL.

Episodes 1-48 of the HDTV remastering, and 1-50 of the SD series. ?!? My worst suspicion: final two episodes available in the Mega Ultra Edition. My least-worst suspicion: two recap episodes considered unnecessary. Somewhere in between: tightening
    sloppy storytelling; say a dropped subplot has its scenes excised from the five episodes that were building it up, and those five were reshuffled into three (nonstandard length) episodes. There is a tradition in Gundam of Tomino ordering an island
    episode never to be shown again.

As a thought, is there any "filler arc" or hotsprings episode decried on broadcast that wouldn't elicit howls of outrage on being left out of a physical media release?

Another thought, after two decades since "The End of Evangelion" and "The Star Wars Special Editions" showed the director's vision of how it really is to some fan pushback for how it really was, I'm surprised there isn't more of a tradition of making
    radical changes and selling alternate versions.

Two hours of bonus video features. Call it a disk worth, tho probably spread through the set. I probably wouldn't pay feature price for such a disk. Such "value added material" has tipped my decision to buy a feature, but I'm not sure of any cases
    for anime disks... the Kessler Syndrome bits on "Planetes"!

Art book. Ok, $30-$40, if I want it. Not sure about it describing the art as "HD" and "SD"; unless some pages are done on an old dot matrix printer, that suggests the HD Remaster is an HD recreation.

I don't buy Art books or build plastic models. I basically read
    manga and watch some anime. Princess Jellyfish disappointed me severely especially after the excellent manga and the further works of the author
    But I am buying the Blank Canvas manga though I read it all online.
    Presently I am reading a manga featuring two Gunplay fans who
    are building plastic models one is JK and the other an Office Lady.
    Hg Ni Koisuru Futari Ongoing Author: Kudo Makoto and that is online. Featuring the ideal price for someone who does not want to spend that
    much.

Many of the old stories in anime could do with some revisions.
    KOR could be brought closer to the manga with great improvement to the
    series. Another OVA could finish Dragon Half.

But you are not much of a fan if you won't spend more than $75
    for a series. But you will likely be able to pick up what you want at a discount eventually.

On the other hand I got a advertisement from TSRI the other day
    which I did not forward to the newsgroup. It asked $39,999.99 for a
    life size plastic model. And even if i wanted such a thing I would not
    spend so much on it. A cardboard figure would do as well or better.
    Seems like it might be intended for store decor or for the
    fan with a room full of stuff who wants a permanent hostess who will
    only require dusting.

bliss

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jack Bohn@21:1/5 to Bobbie Sellers on Thu Aug 6 09:35:36 2020
    Bobbie Sellers wrote:

All of Kimagure Orange Road plus the Movies, all 3, and the OVA. All of Genshiken manga and anime, the original Yawara box set then downloaded

I am cheap. I was going to give examples of my cheapness, but it's actually a bit embarrassing. Maybe I need another modifier for my fanhood. (And, Wow! If we could convert you to a Gundam fan you might become dangerous! The closest I come to
    something like that is the "Crest of the Stars" series with the first three light novels translated, the anime series of "Crest" and "Banner", and the manga adaptations of the anime. I think all in one fell swoop online. I feel more engaged in the "
    Planetes" DVDs and manga as I searched for those in the shops at the time of release.)

Art book. Ok, $30-$40, if I want it.

manga and watch some anime. Princess Jellyfish disappointed me severely especially after the excellent manga and the further works of the author
    Hg Ni Koisuru Futari Ongoing Author: Kudo Makoto and that is online. Featuring the ideal price for someone who does not want to spend that
    much.

Yeah, model building is a specific taste. At the risk of sounding even less of a Gundam fan, one representative of a type of Mobile Suit is enough for me, I don't need variants. (In fact, I'm more of a big ship fan despite them telling us since before
    World War II that bombers can take one out and then go do other useful things.) Gunpla Builders, with customization and tactical gameplay I have actively avoided as a money pit.

KOR could be brought closer to the manga with great improvement to the series. Another OVA could finish Dragon Half.

I guess it takes a massive success (such that lower sales on a revision would still be a success) and a creator obsessed enough to put in more work on what was "good enough" to be a massive success.

for a series. But you will likely be able to pick up what you want at a discount eventually.

"Discount," my favorite word, even when paired with "eventually." I was afraid I may have spent more than $75 for a series, I scanned my shelf... After Christmas I did drop $120 on a domestic TV series -- 7 seasons averaging about 24 eps per (Discount!)
    Then there's the big space taker on my anime shelves: a 14-DVD series divided into 7 boxsets of two program disks and an Extras disk, all in their own individual clamshell (remember when anime, Star Trek, and Doctor Who were sold by the episode rather
    than the season?); I saw it in the store and was struck by the idea of One Fell Swoop, I doubt I got enough of a discount twenty years of inflation ago to keep it below $75 total.

life size plastic model. And even if i wanted such a thing I would not spend so much on it. A cardboard figure would do as well or better.
    only require dusting.

For that kind of money (a car or light truck) I would want a life size Gundam! Alas, probably a static model, but maybe with a lighting kit!

--
    -Jack

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bobbie Sellers@21:1/5 to Jack Bohn on Thu Aug 6 10:52:47 2020
    On 8/6/20 9:35 AM, Jack Bohn wrote:
    Bobbie Sellers wrote:

All of Kimagure Orange Road plus the Movies, all 3, and the OVA. All of
    Genshiken manga and anime, the original Yawara box set then downloaded

I am cheap. I was going to give examples of my cheapness, but it's actually a bit embarrassing. Maybe I need another modifier for my fanhood. (And, Wow! If we could convert you to a Gundam fan you might become dangerous! The closest I come to
    something like that is the "Crest of the Stars" series with the first three light novels translated, the anime series of "Crest" and "Banner", and the manga adaptations of the anime. I think all in one fell swoop online. I feel more engaged in the "
    Planetes" DVDs and manga as I searched for those in the shops at the time of release.)

Art book. Ok, $30-$40, if I want it.

manga and watch some anime. Princess Jellyfish disappointed me severely
    especially after the excellent manga and the further works of the author
    Hg Ni Koisuru Futari Ongoing Author: Kudo Makoto and that is online.
    Featuring the ideal price for someone who does not want to spend that
    much.

Yeah, model building is a specific taste. At the risk of sounding even less of a Gundam fan, one representative of a type of Mobile Suit is enough for me, I don't need variants. (In fact, I'm more of a big ship fan despite them telling us since
    before World War II that bombers can take one out and then go do other useful things.) Gunpla Builders, with customization and tactical gameplay I have actively avoided as a money pit.

KOR could be brought closer to the manga with great improvement to the
    series. Another OVA could finish Dragon Half.

I guess it takes a massive success (such that lower sales on a revision would still be a success) and a creator obsessed enough to put in more work on what was "good enough" to be a massive success.

for a series. But you will likely be able to pick up what you want at a
    discount eventually.

"Discount," my favorite word, even when paired with "eventually." I was afraid I may have spent more than $75 for a series, I scanned my shelf... After Christmas I did drop $120 on a domestic TV series -- 7 seasons averaging about 24 eps per (
    Discount!) Then there's the big space taker on my anime shelves: a 14-DVD series divided into 7 boxsets of two program disks and an Extras disk, all in their own individual clamshell (remember when anime, Star Trek, and Doctor Who were sold by the
    episode rather than the season?); I saw it in the store and was struck by the idea of One Fell Swoop, I doubt I got enough of a discount twenty years of inflation ago to keep it below $75 total.

life size plastic model. And even if i wanted such a thing I would not
    spend so much on it. A cardboard figure would do as well or better.
    only require dusting.

For that kind of money (a car or light truck) I would want a life size Gundam! Alas, probably a static model, but maybe with a lighting kit!

I don't need to be a Gundam fan to be dangerous. ;^)
    Gundams are a fantasy but motorcycles as with aircraft are real
    life.

When I was well in my distant youth half a life time ago I was
    an avid motorcyclist, I did not get to manga until I was around 65
    and it was the MI Graphic Novel that I bought to find out what happened
    to the characters when the VCR tapes were discontinued that got me
    into manga. I have been a graphic narrative fan since the 1940s when
    I learned to read and before that I had to depend on dear Mama to read
    the comics to me. I read Westerns then SF when I discovered public
    libraries in Fallon, Nv. But I continued my graphic narrative interest
    right through all the ages of DC and Marvel, into the Comix era with Underground Vegetable Stagecoach and Bob Crumb's various endeavors.
    But as the time went by I found anime on TV with Card Captor Sakura, Yu-gi-Oh and Pokemon which were interesting then had some
    luck as the old PBS 54 had Dr.Who on late Sunday night. I turned it on
    early and there were Evangelion and a few other items, and we had
    a local Japanese station that showed a few things, and others
    showing Tenchi to Paradise Kiss.

Right now my favorites are "Ooku" set in alternate Japan
    where the Red Face Pox kills a lot of males. and Blank Cansvas
    about a mangaka and her best teacher as well as a few other
    other items. Waiting on TSRI to get next volumes out to me.
    Favorite online humor manga right now is:
    Nietzsche-sensei - Konbini ni, Satori Sedai no Shinjin ga Maiorita

Author: MATSU Koma

Genres: Comedy Seinen Slice of Life

The comedy manga follows a male part-time late-night convenience
    store worker named Matsukoma, and the new part-time worker he
    trains named Tomoharu Nii, nicknamed Nietzsche-sensei. Tomoharu
    is a university student in the school’s Buddhism department. When
    an angry customer screams at Tomoharu, “Customers are gods!,“ he
    replies, “God is dead.“ The manga follows the part-time worker life
    of Matsukoma and Tomoharu, the latter of whom continuously
    baffles his customers and co-workers at the convenience store
    with his odd ways.

Nii is a very interesting character, and Matsukoma is also
    excellent.

bliss

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05