• Sol Bianca anime trope search

From Jack Bohn@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 10 07:51:53 2020
    The Sol Bianca is a ship of Old Earth. It is effortlessly superior to many a current ship of its size (which is large). It can be handled by its crew of four -- actually by one, and by remote control at that.

This reminded me of the ship in the series The Glass Fleet. I'm thinking it's more common, but I'm not coming up with other examples.

A large ship run by a small crew. A supership. Legendary would help, explaining why other ships can't match it.

Super Robots match a bit of this, but aren't they generally the size of a single-seat jet fighter? About 17 meters, maybe a jumbo jet at 100 meters, not really too big for its small crew. Harlock's Arcadia has too many crew, I think. Juraian ships of
    the Tenchi universe(s) are matched by other Juraians, space pirates, and various threats to the universe.

Outside anime, three examples: late '70s British TV show "Blakes 7", late '70s to '80s series of stories by George R.R.Martin collected as the book _Tuf Voyaging_, space pirates the Starjammers introduced in the early '80s X-Men comics.

--
    -Jack

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)