• Attractive Women, Wealthy Men And Morality

From ibshambat@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Dec 15 20:03:39 2017
    Many people appear to be of the impression that highly attractive women and wealthy men are unethical, even that they are narcissistic or sociopathic. I have a much better explanation for what they see. A highly attractive woman or a wealthy man would be
    experiencing a lot of temptation, and it will take more self-restraint on their part to keep a straight line than would for someone who does not experience the same level of temptation. Bill Clinton or Donald Trump will have more women after them than a
    taxi driver or a manual laborer. Marilyn Monroe or Brittney Spears will have more men after them than Andrea Dworkin. Which means that they will have to have a will of steel to stay true to their marital vows, and it will take more moral character on
    their part to remain ethical than it would for an average person.

A related problem that I have seen is that such people provoke their partners' insecurities. The partner would rightfully recognize that they are attractive to other people; and he is likely to respond to that with violence, abuse or oppressive and
    paranoid behavior. This will create even more of a temptation to stray, which then will feed more abuse. This will create a complete hell for the person. And any number of people in such situations will not survive that hell.

Furthermore, such people will evoke jealousy in people of their own gender; and that will lead many people of their own gender to treat them terribly. Sometimes the poison that such people generate would be lethal, and in most cases it would be highly
    destructive to the person.

I once heard someone say that Marilyn Monroe was her own worst enemy. Most likely what they have seen is that she internalized the attitudes of the people who hated her. Such a thing would lead to self-destructive conduct. I have had a hell of a time
    getting out of my head the attitude of the people who hated me. Imagine how much harder it would be for a young woman who, unlike me, is always being scrutinized by the public and who, unlike me, does not specialize in deconstructing lies.

So no, many of these people are not – narcissistic, sociopathic, or immoral. Once again, they experience higher levels of both temptation and jealousy; and both take their toll. Many of the people who criticize such people do not experience what they
    experience, and they find it easier to act ethically than do they. And I am especially tired of these people attacking women who are attractive both physically and personally when they, if they were either, would behave worse.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)