• George Herriman's Stumble Inn

From Allan Holtz@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 27 13:14:20 2021
    I just happened upon an Amazon listing for a complete reprinting of George Herriman's Stumble Inn, supposedly published by Fantagraphics in either 2009 0r 2016. I was agog that I hadn't heard about it. But my rush to order a copy came to a quick halt
    when the listing said no copies are available. Checked ABE as well, no dice. So was this book ever published? If not, where do I sign up to help get that to happen!!

Stumble Inn tearsheets are ridiculously scarce (I've amassed a paltry 10 of them in 35+ years of collecting), but from the little I've read it is a delightful strip, as one would expect from the Master.

--Allan Holtz

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Timothy Chow@21:1/5 to Allan Holtz on Thu Dec 30 06:18:08 2021
    On 12/27/2021 4:14 PM, Allan Holtz wrote:
    I just happened upon an Amazon listing for a complete reprinting of George Herriman's Stumble Inn, supposedly published by Fantagraphics in either 2009 0r 2016. I was agog that I hadn't heard about it. But my rush to order a copy came to a quick halt
    when the listing said no copies are available. Checked ABE as well, no dice. So was this book ever published? If not, where do I sign up to help get that to happen!!

The book is nowhere to be found even on the Fantagraphics website. Bookfinder.com recognizes the ISBN but says it's unavailable. I'd
    say the evidence is pretty strong that the book doesn't exist. You
    could try contacting Fantagraphics directly.

https://www.fantagraphics.com/pages/contact

---
    Tim Chow

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)