• Should Pickles end?

From Darryl H@21:1/5 to All on Sat Oct 9 04:06:47 2021
    Since 2019, the Pickles comic strip by Brian Crane every week has been a mix of daily/Sunday first run strips mixed in with rerun strips. And every time this happens I have been wishing that Pickles created Brian Crane would end the strip for good after
    this few year mix of new and rerun strips.

Do you think the Pickles comic strip should end by at least the end of 2021 and/or start of 2022 because of this?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Michael Trew@21:1/5 to Darryl H on Sat Oct 9 10:30:53 2021
    On 10/9/2021 7:06 AM, Darryl H wrote:
    Since 2019, the Pickles comic strip by Brian Crane every week has been a mix of daily/Sunday first run strips mixed in with rerun strips. And every time this happens I have been wishing that Pickles created Brian Crane would end the strip for good
    after this few year mix of new and rerun strips.

Do you think the Pickles comic strip should end by at least the end of 2021 and/or start of 2022 because of this?

I hope not. Even with re-runs, I enjoy reading it.. although my paper
    only carries the strip on Sundays.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Chrysi Cat@21:1/5 to Darryl H on Mon Oct 18 12:10:28 2021
    On 10/9/2021 5:06 AM, Darryl H wrote:
    Since 2019, the Pickles comic strip by Brian Crane every week has been a mix of daily/Sunday first run strips mixed in with rerun strips. And every time this happens I have been wishing that Pickles created Brian Crane would end the strip for good

You think any strip that, if it were a webcomic, would have failed the
    Daily Grind Challenge in less than 8 years should be cancelled.

Why?

What are they blocking from appearing in papers at all?

Or do you feel that every newspaper worldwide should have an identical
    comics section?

--
    Chrysi Cat
    1/2 anthrocat, nearly 1/2 anthrofox, all magical
    Transgoddess, quick to anger
    Call me Chrysi or call me Kat, I'll respond to either!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From D.D.Degg@21:1/5 to heine...@gmail.com on Mon Oct 18 14:36:27 2021
    On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 4:06:48 AM UTC-7, heine...@gmail.com wrote:

By your stated standards Peanuts should end syndication to newspapers. Especially since every Peanuts strip is available in book form and onine.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Darryl H@21:1/5 to Michael Trew on Sat Oct 23 04:03:50 2021
    On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 9:30:48 AM UTC-5, Michael Trew wrote:
    On 10/9/2021 7:06 AM, Darryl H wrote:

I hope not. Even with re-runs, I enjoy reading it.. although my paper
    only carries the strip on Sundays.

I wonder if there have been a few papers dropping the Pickles strip in recent weeks/months when it went to a mix of new and rerun strip mode for each week since 2019.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05