• Re: Family CIrcus recycling - 2019

From jdelachjr2005@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 17 21:24:37 2022
    Moving on to Today's (6/11) recycled strip, it came from January 11, 1983 when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Indianapolis News, Miami News, Pittsburgh Press and Tampa Tribune.

The original caption was...

Dolly:
    "But, we're gonna put the whole roll back when we're done."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/32777727/the_tampa_tribune/

Bumping this up because for 1/18/2022 once again lazy Jeffy decides to use a gag that is twice-recycled.

The exact 1983 caption was used for Today's strip unlike in 2019 when Dolly's quote was "Why? We're gonna put the whole roll back when we're done."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/92869489/tampa-bay-times/

Thank goodness the Tampa Bay Times demoted the daily recycled strips to their e-Paper.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Darryl H@21:1/5 to jdelac...@gmail.com on Tue Jan 18 07:57:32 2022
    On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 11:24:38 PM UTC-6, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
    Moving on to Today's (6/11) recycled strip, it came from January 11, 1983 when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Indianapolis News, Miami News, Pittsburgh Press and Tampa Tribune.

Dolly:

Bumping this up because for 1/18/2022 once again lazy Jeffy decides to use a gag that is twice-recycled.

The exact 1983 caption was used for Today's strip unlike in 2019 when Dolly's quote was "Why? We're gonna put the whole roll back when we're done."

Thank goodness the Tampa Bay Times demoted the daily recycled strips to their e-Paper.

That should have been rerused in 2020 when there was a toilet paper shortage.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Brian Henke@21:1/5 to jdelac...@gmail.com on Tue Jan 18 10:17:15 2022
    On Tuesday, January 18, 2022 at 12:24:38 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:

Dolly:

As for January 11, 1983, the Cincinnati Post(25 cents) told us that Billy Martin was going to be rehired as Yankees manager. Bengals coach Forrest Gregg was upset about the team's performance during their playoff loss to.The New York Jets. Johnny
    Bench said he was going to swing for the fences in what turned out to be his final season . Catch Hart to Hart tonight on Channel 12! In the Post comics, Lucy told Linus if it was still cold out. Linus said it was "a four stocking day". Why? Snoopy was
    wearing four stockings!

Cincy43235@yahoo.com

-------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read
    - Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jdelachjr2005@gmail.com@21:1/5 to jdelac...@gmail.com on Mon Jan 31 21:43:09 2022
    On Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at 6:51:45 AM UTC-4, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
    Today's installment of recycled FC takes us to March 18, 1994 when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Indianapolis News and Tampa Tribune.

The caption is nearly similar except Dolly says "I want to" instead of "I wanna"

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/30687348/the_tampa_tribune/

And once again lazy Jeffy has to resort to using a gag that has been twice-recycled. First, the gag was originally used in the March 18, 1994 strip then it was recycled again on April 17, 2019 with Dolly's caption being changed to "I Wanna" instead of "I
    want to".

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/93946458/tampa-bay-times/

Once again I am so glad that the Tampa Bay Times moved Daily Recycled FC strips to their exclusive e-Paper.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jdelachjr2005@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 10 21:56:41 2022
    Well once again, for Today's Recycled FC, Lazy Jeffy decides to use a gag that has been twice recycled.

The first appearance of this gag was from July 4, 1977.

Oh, and now that the Cincinnati Post is on newspapers.com (it wasn't the last time this gag was used), I can show you the strip as it ran in the Post on the 4th.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/105384082/the-cincinnati-post/

And the gag was reused again on July 5, 2019 except Jeffy's caption was changed to...

"How am I gonna start him up? My feet don't reach the pedals."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/105383950/tampa-bay-times/

I hate Lazy Jeffy using twice-recycled gags as much as I hate the Rays for blowing winnable games against bottom-feeding teams like the Reds this weekend (Sorry Brian, didn't mean to take a veiled shot at you. I'm just really mad at the Rays and their
    idiot manager Kevin Cash!)

ADMIT IT JEFFY! YOU'RE COMPLETELY OUT OF NEW IDEAS!!!!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Brian Henke@21:1/5 to jdelac...@gmail.com on Mon Jul 11 01:52:17 2022
    On Monday, July 11, 2022 at 12:56:42 AM UTC-4, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
    Well once again, for Today's Recycled FC, Lazy Jeffy decides to use a gag that has been twice recycled.

The first appearance of this gag was from July 4, 1977.

Oh, and now that the Cincinnati Post is on newspapers.com (it wasn't the last time this gag was used), I can show you the strip as it ran in the Post on the 4th.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/105384082/the-cincinnati-post/

And the gag was reused again on July 5, 2019 except Jeffy's caption was changed to...

"How am I gonna start him up? My feet don't reach the pedals."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/105383950/tampa-bay-times/

I hate Lazy Jeffy using twice-recycled gags as much as I hate the Rays for blowing winnable games against bottom-feeding teams like the Reds this weekend (Sorry Brian, didn't mean to take a veiled shot at you. I'm just really mad at the Rays and their
    idiot manager Kevin Cash!)

ADMIT IT JEFFY! YOU'RE COMPLETELY OUT OF NEW
    IDEAS!!!!!

As for July 4, 1977, the Post ( 15 cents) told us a baby's body was found on the banks of the Ohio River in Campbell County.The Reds blew a five run lead and lost in San Diego 8-7. PlayIng in theaters: Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger. In the Post comics,
    Peppermint Patty and Marcie were finished ca ddying for the day. They got a dollar each-but the caddymaster wanted half of that

Cincy43235@yahoo.com

----Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

----

- Name three thiNGs that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

'-

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jdelachjr2005@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 9 21:41:46 2022
    Well, once again Lazy Jeffy has to resort to using a gag that has been twice recycled.

The original FC gag was previously used on the exact same day (October 10) in both 1977 and again in 2019.

Once again Lazy Jeffy won't admit that he's completely out of new ideas.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Brian Henke@21:1/5 to jdelac...@gmail.com on Mon Oct 10 11:38:29 2022
    On Monday, October 10, 2022 at 12:41:47 AM UTC-4, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
    Well, once again Lazy Jeffy has to resort to using a gag that has been twice recycled.

The original FC gag was previously used on the exact same day (October 10) in both 1977 and again in 2019.

Once again Lazy Jeffy won't admit that he's completely out of new ideas.

As for October 10, 1977, the Post (15 cents) was predicting a hard winter for much of the country. It didn't come from the National Weather Service, but by a Senate subcommittee. They were right. The Bengals had defeated Green Bay, 17-7, in Milwaukee the
    previous day. Chicago (the rock band) played Riverfront Coliseum on Saturday night, and critic Brad Balfour said they were too predictable. On TV, see Star Trek, The Odd Couple, The Brady Bunch, Mary Tyler Moore and Carol Burnett and Friends on Channel
    19 starting at 5 p.m.! In the Post comics, Sally announced she wanted to be a hairdresser. SHe aaid, "It would be a sheer delight!"

Cincy43235@yahoo.com

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jdelachjr2005@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Oct 13 02:21:25 2022
    For the third time in the last four days, Lazy Jeffy is once again using a FC gag that has been twice recycled.

The first appearance of the gag was originally from October 26, 1983.

Then it was recycled on November 4, 2019 with Billy's quote being changed to "the best thing"

Lazy Jeffy has clearly run out of new ideas. It really makes me wish the Keane family retired FC after Bil died.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jdelachjr2005@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 18 04:09:33 2022
    Well, once again Lazy Jeffy has resorted to using a gag that has been twice recycled.

Today's Recycled FC was originally from November 2, 1977 and was first recycled on November 9, 2019 with Thel's hair tweaked.

That's the fourth time since October 10th we've had a twice-recycled FC gag and Lazy Jeffy still won't admit that he's clearly run out of new ideas. It really makes me wish the Keane clan retired FC after Bil died.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jdelachjr2005@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Oct 19 21:50:27 2022
    Well once again this week Lazy Jeffy has to resort to using a Family Circus gag that has been twice recycled (and if you're keeping score, that's the fifth twice-recycled FC Daily since October 10th!!!!!)

The first appearance of this gag occurred on October 17, 1977. It was then later recycled on October 14, 2019 with Thel's hair tweaked.

Lazy Jeffy of course is fresh out of new ideas. I wish somebody would publicly call him out on this!!!!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jdelachjr2005@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Mar 2 21:48:11 2023
    Well, it's been awhile but our old pal Lazy Jeffy once again decides to go with an FC strip that has been twice recycled.

The first appearance of the strip in question ran on January 27, 1995.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/28715767/the_tampa_tribune/

The strip would first be recycled on February 22, 2019 with Thel's hair tweaked and Dolly's caption worded differently.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/120074292/tampa-bay-times/

Every FC strip so far in 2023 has been recycled so far all because Lazy Jeffy won't admit that he's fresh out of new ideas.

If only newspapers dropped FC as much as they dropped Dilbert.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Brian Henke@21:1/5 to jdelac...@gmail.com on Fri Mar 3 02:31:33 2023
    On Friday, March 3, 2023 at 12:48:12 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
    Well, it's been awhile but our old pal Lazy Jeffy once again decides to go with an FC strip that has been twice recycled.

The first appearance of the strip in question ran on January 27, 1995.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/28715767/the_tampa_tribune/

The strip would first be recycled on February 22, 2019 with Thel's hair tweaked and Dolly's caption worded differently.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/120074292/tampa-bay-times/

Every FC strip so far in 2023 has been recycled so far all because Lazy Jeffy won't admit that he's fresh out of new ideas.

If only newspapers dropped FC as much as they dropped Dilbert.
    The Cincinna Post (35 cents) told us that crime was increasing in small towns due to the crack epidemic. Boomer Esaison was tipped for a broadcasting career when his NFL career was over. Three years later, he was on Monday Night Football and hosted Miss
    America. True story.Customer Appreciation Day at Swallen's was coming. . New in theaters: HighlanderThe Extra Dimension. In the Post comics, Calvin was shoved by Moe. Calvin then said that the earth swallowed up Moe and sent him downto the planet's
    core, where he ignited "in aspitting fireball of grease."

Cincy43235@yahoo.com

-----

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jdelachjr2005@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Mar 15 21:44:11 2023
    Well, for the second time in three days, Lazy Jeffy has to resort to using a Family Circus gag that has been twice recycled.

The first appearance of the gag occurred on March 16, 1978 (exactly 45 years ago Today!)

The second appearance occurred on February 8, 2019 with Thel's hair tweaked and Billy's caption changed to "So I guess I can skip doin' my homework."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/120962697/tampa-bay-times/

I wish Lazy Jeffy would simply admit that he's fresh out of new ideas. I can't believe the Tampa Bay Times dropped Fox Trot, is not replacing Dilbert (as of right now) but is still running Family Circus. To me, that's a total travesty.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Brian Henke@21:1/5 to jdelac...@gmail.com on Thu Mar 16 19:47:26 2023
    On Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 12:44:12 AM UTC-4, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
    Well, for the second time in three days, Lazy Jeffy has to resort to using a Family Circus gag that has been twice recycled.

- Name three thimng
    The first appearance of the gag occurred on March 16, 197 8 (exactly 45 years ago Today!)

The second appearance occurred on February 8, 2019 with Thel's hair tweaked and Billy's caption changed to "So I guess I can skip doin' my homework."

I wish Lazy Jeffy would simply admit that he's fresh out of new ideas. I can't believe the Tampa Bay Times dropped Fox Trot, is not replacing Dilbert (as of right now) but is still running Family Circus. To me, that's a total travesty.

AS for March 16, 1978, the Cincinnati Post (15 cents) told us on Page 1 if you wanted dinner with Pete Rose, here's your chance! The Post was offering a dinner if you could guess when he would get his 3000th hit. Get a Zenith 100 percent solid
    state TV at Steinberg's for $328! New heavyweight champion Leon Spinks was s""savoring his options". In the Post comics, Peppermint Patty and Marcie were walking/ She said that she had called Charlie Brown; she wanted to know if he loved her. "THat
    stupid Chuck! He didn't know what to say!" she said. "I thought talking to him on the phone would help...sometimes if you talk to someone on the phone long enough, they'll forget you have a big nose!"

Cincy43235@yahoo.com

----

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San ANtonio

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Brian Henke@21:1/5 to Brian Henke on Sun Mar 19 22:26:02 2023
    On Thursday, March 16, 2023 at 10:47:30 PM UTC-4, Brian Henke wrote:

- Name three thimng
    The first appearance of the gag occurred on March 16, 197 8 (exactly 45 years ago Today!)

AS for March 16, 1978, the Cincinnati Post (15 cents) told us on Page 1 if you wanted dinner with Pete Rose, here's your chance! The Post was offering a dinner if you could guess when he would get his 3000th hit. Get a Zenith 100 percent solid state TV
    at Steinberg's for $328! New heavyweight champion Leon Spinks was s""savoring his options". In the Post comics, Peppermint Patty and Marcie were walking/ She said that she had called Charlie Brown; she wanted to know if he loved her. "THat stupid Chuck!
    He didn't know what to say!" she said. "I thought talking to him on the phone would help...sometimes if you talk to someone on the phone long enough, they'll forget you have a c big nose!"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Well, It looks like lazy Jeffy is going to recycle a story arc twice.

The first appearance was on February 27, 1989, when it was in...you know.

The original caption by the doctor: "You're sick. Take some pills and go to bed. That'll be $35."

Then it was used on November 11, 2019. The price was now $105.

I am glad that FC is no longer being published here.

Cincy43253@yahoo.com

----

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta and San Antonio

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jdelachjr2005@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Brian Henke on Mon Mar 20 05:35:06 2023
    On Monday, March 20, 2023 at 1:26:04 AM UTC-4, Brian Henke wrote:

- Name three thimng

AS for March 16, 1978, the Cincinnati Post (15 cents) told us on Page 1 if you wanted dinner with Pete Rose, here's your chance! The Post was offering a dinner if you could guess when he would get his 3000th hit. Get a Zenith 100 percent solid state
    TV at Steinberg's for $328! New heavyweight champion Leon Spinks was s""savoring his options". In the Post comics, Peppermint Patty and Marcie were walking/ She said that she had called Charlie Brown; she wanted to know if he loved her. "THat stupid
    Chuck! He didn't know what to say!" she said. "I thought talking to him on the phone would help...sometimes if you talk to someone on the phone long enough, they'll forget you have a c big nose!"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

The original caption by the doctor: "You're sick. Take some pills and go to bed. That'll be $35."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----

You should've posted it in the 2019 thread. That's what I do for twice-recycled FC strips.

You're lucky. The Tampa Bay Times unfortunately still carries FC.

BTW regardless Billy-drawn strips means I am on vacation. When we go back to normally recycled FC, I'll be back.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Brian Henke@21:1/5 to jdelac...@gmail.com on Mon Mar 20 06:20:05 2023
    On Monday, March 20, 2023 at 8:35:08 AM UTC-4, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:

- Name three thimng

AS for March 16, 1978, the Cincinnati Post (15 cents) told us on Page 1 if you wanted dinner with Pete Rose, here's your chance! The Post was offering a dinner if you could guess when he would get his 3000th hit. Get a Zenith 100 percent solid
    state TV at Steinberg's for $328! New heavyweight champion Leon Spinks was s""savoring his options". In the Post comics, Peppermint Patty and Marcie were walking/ She said that she had called Charlie Brown; she wanted to know if he loved her. "THat
    stupid Chuck! He didn't know what to say!" she said. "I thought talking to him on the phone would help...sometimes if you talk to someone on the phone long enough, they'll forget you have a c big nose!"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----

You should've posted it in the 2019 thread. That's what I do for twice-recycled FC strips.

BTW regardless Billy-drawn strips means I am on vacation. When we go back to normally recycled FC, I'll be back.

This is the 2019 thread.

-----

Cincy43235@yahoo.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jdelachjr2005@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Brian Henke on Mon Mar 20 13:26:53 2023
    On Monday, March 20, 2023 at 9:20:07 AM UTC-4, Brian Henke wrote:
    On Monday, March 20, 2023 at 8:35:08 AM UTC-4, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:

- Name three thimng

stupid Chuck! He didn't know what to say!" she said. "I thought talking to him on the phone would help...sometimes if you talk to someone on the phone long enough, they'll forget you have a c big nose!"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----

This is the 2019 thread.

-----

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Sorry. I wasn't paying attention.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Darryl H@21:1/5 to Brian Henke on Sat Mar 25 04:41:12 2023
    On Monday, March 20, 2023 at 12:26:04 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:

- Name three thimng

AS for March 16, 1978, the Cincinnati Post (15 cents) told us on Page 1 if you wanted dinner with Pete Rose, here's your chance! The Post was offering a dinner if you could guess when he would get his 3000th hit. Get a Zenith 100 percent solid state
    TV at Steinberg's for $328! New heavyweight champion Leon Spinks was s""savoring his options". In the Post comics, Peppermint Patty and Marcie were walking/ She said that she had called Charlie Brown; she wanted to know if he loved her. "THat stupid
    Chuck! He didn't know what to say!" she said. "I thought talking to him on the phone would help...sometimes if you talk to someone on the phone long enough, they'll forget you have a c big nose!"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----

Let's hope a recycled FC vacation arc from 2008-2022 is not recycled 3.0 for Summer 2023!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jdelachjr2005@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 18 21:42:19 2023
    Well once again Lazy Jeffy has decided to use a Family Circus gag that has been twice recycled.

The first appearance of this gag appeared on April 7, 1978. It was the recycled the first time on November 2, 2019.

I really wish Lazy Jeffy would just admit that he's fresh out of new ideas. Or at the very least QUIT USING TWICE RECYCLED GAGS!!!!!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Brian Henke@21:1/5 to jdelac...@gmail.com on Wed Apr 19 10:05:37 2023
    On Wednesday, April 19, 2023 at 12:42:21 AM UTC-4, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
    Well once again Lazy Jeffy has decided to use a Family Circus gag that has been twice recycled.

The first appearance of this gag appeared on April 7, 1978. It was the recycled the first time on November 2, 2019.

I really wish Lazy Jeffy would just admit that he's fresh out of new ideas. Or at the very least QUIT USING TWICE RECYCLED GAGS!!!!!

As for April 7, 1978, I forgot to tell you about what Joe Morgan did back in my post from November 2, 2019. Number 8 blundered in the first-ever triple play in Riverfront Stadium history. Reds Hall of Famer Dan Driessen was the batter. Morgan admitted
    he ran the bases incorrectly.

Cincy43235@yahoo.com

---_

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jdelachjr2005@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun May 21 21:56:22 2023
    Well, it's been a while but once again Lazy Jeffy has to resort to using the same recycled gag twice and this time this report is in the appropriate year thread.

Anyway, the first appearance of the gag ran on June 2, 1989.

Then roughly 30 years later the gag was first recycled on June 6, 2019 with Thel's hair tweaked and Jeffy's caption changed to...

"You're always tellin' people what PJ did. Aren't I interesting anymore?"

https://www.newspapers.com/article/tampa-bay-times/125111125/

I wish Lazy Jeffy would just simply admit that he's fresh out of new ideas and I wish newspapers would stop carrying this strip!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jdelachjr2005@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 28 04:53:31 2023
    Well once again Lazy Jeffy has to resort to using a Family Circus gag that has been twice recycled.

The first appearance of the gag ran on November 14, 1989.

Then it reappeared on November 23, 2019 with Billy's caption changed to...

""Italics make it look like the wind's blowing in my book."

When will Family Circus just go away from newspapers?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05