• DIVA/PRECOG: A Break from Tradition

From deucexm@21:1/5 to All on Tue Dec 22 02:07:59 2020
    [ C O M I N G * S O O N ]

Among the spacefaring civilizations of the DiVerse, there is but one known for its brutality, its disrespect for all forms of life, and its willingness to go to extreme ends in the pursuit of - well, just about anything. That is the way of the Gray Empire; traditionally, it is how they have always been.

But traditions that do not serve the people, that do not enrich the soul of a nation - of many nations, of the many worlds that lie under Imperial rule; if they serve only to oppress the weak and layer burden upon burden for those who are already suffering;

These traditions should end.

And so it comes to pass that God of Deception's long game in the Gray Empire turns a final corner; and the Empress-to-be quickly learns the value hidden in both cleverly woven lies... and boldly stated truth.

[ DIVERSE ALPHA: A BREAK FROM TRADITION ]

========

Also I just wanna say: it's been a good bit since I checked in here (mostly due to work stuff and ennui) and wow this place exploded! It is awesome to see so many unread things, you all are fantastic. <3

-Felix

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Scott Eiler@21:1/5 to deucexm on Wed Dec 23 01:52:05 2020
    On 2020-12-21 18:07, deucexm wrote:

Also I just wanna say: it's been a good bit since I checked in here (mostly due
    to work stuff and ennui) and wow this place exploded! It is awesome to see so
    many unread things, you all are fantastic. <3

-Felix

I can't take credit for most of that, due to work stuff and ennui
    myself. But it's good to see it happen. :)

--
    -- (signed) Scott Eiler 8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

The soldiers presented a pathetic but inspiring spectacle. The
    hospitals were crowded with sick and wounded; the walls were
    gradually crumbling under incessant shell fire, yet that garrison
    of heroes remained undaunted.

It was as Buck said, "just as if they had been Americans."

- from "The Airship Boys in the Great War", De Lysle F. Cass, 1915.
    Coming soon to Project Gutenberg. gutenberg.org

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Drew Nilium@21:1/5 to deucexm on Wed Dec 23 02:54:51 2020
    On 12/21/20 9:07 PM, deucexm wrote:
    [ C O M I N G * S O O N ]

Among the spacefaring civilizations of the DiVerse, there is but one known for
    its brutality, its disrespect for all forms of life, and its willingness to go
    to extreme ends in the pursuit of - well, just about anything. That is the way
    of the Gray Empire; traditionally, it is how they have always been.

But traditions that do not serve the people, that do not enrich the soul of a nation - of many nations, of the many worlds that lie under Imperial rule; if they serve only to oppress the weak and layer burden upon burden for those who
    are already suffering;

These traditions should end.

And so it comes to pass that God of Deception's long game in the Gray Empire turns a final corner; and the Empress-to-be quickly learns the value hidden in
    both cleverly woven lies... and boldly stated truth.

I LOVE THIS SO MUCH. :D You already know that, but~

[ DIVERSE ALPHA: A BREAK FROM TRADITION ]

.<\m/

Also I just wanna say: it's been a good bit since I checked in here (mostly due
    to work stuff and ennui) and wow this place exploded! It is awesome to see so
    many unread things, you all are fantastic. <3

Awwwww! Thank you! :D

Drew "*you're* fantastic" Nilium

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05