• Legion Lost for sure

From DJM@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 14 13:44:17 2019
    Haven't been here in ages, and neither has anyone else. No good
    message boards to talk about this stuff. It was different back in
    the Reboot era when the Legion was rocking two comics.
    --
    DJM

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
    http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Tim Flick@21:1/5 to DJM on Sat Aug 12 18:46:30 2023
    On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 12:44:19 PM UTC-5, DJM wrote:
    Haven't been here in ages, and neither has anyone else. No good
    message boards to talk about this stuff. It was different back in
    the Reboot era when the Legion was rocking two comics.
    --
    DJM

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
    http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

wow, I can't believe this newsgroup is still around. It does look like it's pretty much been abandoned though.

Get this, I was recently going through some old archive folders on my computer and came across a website we created back in 1999 for a Legion of Super Heroes writing contest we held. There was a pretty active group of LSH fans on this newsgroup back then
    and we were always complaining about how the Legion was being handled. Someone made the comment that if we thought we could do better, prove it!

So a few of the members wrote storied in the standard comic book submission format. We selected a few judges and I put up a website featuring all of the submissions. Everyone got to vote on which story they liked the best. Our judges tabulated all the
    votes and we announced a winner (who actually won nothing lol)

It was great fun and the community loved it! We even did a second contest about a year later. I still have all those stories and web pages. If I thought any old Legion lovers were still interested, I would repost them somewhere.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)