• Re: Zimbabwe bonsai

From Lucas Uys@21:1/5 to Iris Cohen on Fri Mar 24 07:22:14 2023
    On Sunday, 6 August 1995 at 09:00:00 UTC+2, Iris Cohen wrote:
    Andrew,
    Greetings to you too. I was a little amused by your assumption that you may only hear from residents of the tropics. I live on another planet, near Syracuse, NY, USDA Zone 5A (average minimum winter temp. -10 to -20 F, -23 to -29 C). However, I can send you regards from my crossberry, Grewia occidentalis, and the dwarf hibiscus, Anisodontea hypomandarum. From Madagascar, I have Operculicarya decaryi. African orchids are more difficult without a greenhouse (no, I don't have one), but I am doing well with Angraecum distichum. They all live outdoors during the summer, and find tropical memories under fluorescent lights in the basement during the winter. Iris

from Lucas UYS
    lucas.uys@gmail.com
    Andrew and club members,
    i am a landscape architect in Kwa Zulu Natal ,South Africa.
    we currently do the planning for an extensive landscape in Borrrowdale -harare part of the landscape will be different specialized landscapes .
    there will be a Zen garden and bonsai collection. This is an explority connection
    to know if we can possible meet Thursday 30th or Friday 31st March
    to discuss a potential service or maintenance option for our client.
    besides the above it will be great to meet other bonsai growers in Africa , perhaps to share trees of interest.
    kind regards.
    Lucas UYS
    +27825715394

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)