• POSSIBLY SIGNED CHARLES M. RUSSELL GOOD MEDICINE REAL WEST COWBOYS

From paramindsoftware@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 22 12:26:27 2016
    It looks like I may have just put a book that was signed by C.M. Russell online. It is a major variant of his signature style but if you do a search you will find he does vary it a bit. It's kind of humorous but I should alert more people to the auction.
    I had to put some kind of price so I just made up one.

"Good Medicine: Memories of the Real West," by Charles M. Russell
    Hardcover. Publisher. Garden City Publishing Company. 1930.
    It looks like this book was passed around by a bunch of real cowboys. It has a section in front with names like "Trave Cohoon,""Chas Hardy," and "Sheldon T. Paull". Was found in Washington State, which qualifies as a goldrush, Western state.

About eighty percent of the pages have colored illustrations of the Wild West, and some of the rest have black and white drawings.
    The binding was re-glued and a little bit off but binding is very tight. One effect of this is the back endpaper is not flush. This is a book for a mancave. There is some cover staining but the interior is very clean. Looks like a first edition because
    it has a dyed top like most first editions do, but no
    statement of edition.

Has an interesting canvas section coming out of the back inside the last two pages near endpaper which gives it more of a western "burlap" feel. The front flyleaf in front of the signatures was removed.

Pages have a minor wave to them but it's not due to direct water exposure. Most people wouldn't even notice this as a problem. Otherwise, fine book in repaired about good, price-clipped dust jacket. Dust jacket has two three-inch tears in front.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHARLES-RUSSELL-GOOD-MEDICINE-REAL-WEST-SIGNED-BY-REAL-COWBOYS-WESTERN-HEIRLOOM-/201725464478?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)