• THE WEIMARANER JACK DENTON SCOTT IMPORTANT RARE 1ST BOOK ON DOG BREED L

From Mozart@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 13 18:53:37 2019
    "The Weimaraner," by Jack Denton Scott.

"First Limited Edition." Leather binding with gilt design on front cover and spine, gilt page edges and decorated Weimaraner photo-montage endpapers.

The Weimaraner Club of America says: "This is the oldest known book about the Weimaraner and is extremely rare. It contains articles from early Argosy and Field and Stream magazines about the Weimaraner in the US. Of inestimable value is the discussion
    of the earliest theories of the origin of the breed. It also includes the complete text of the first accepted US Standard and the rejected 1949 version of the standard. Excepts from several of the first issues of The Weimaraner Magazine of the WCA of
    which Mr Denton Scott was editor."

Rare. Has a minor mostly transparent mark in the corner of some back pages which one can also see a little on the foredge. I would not list it as detracting from the very good-plus grade as the book otherwise does not have much wear. Also has a minor
    old book smell to it. When I first got it I put it in my ozone chamber I use to kill any sign of mold or mildew, but it still has it a little of the smell so it must be something to do with the chemicals in the paper or binding. If you are
    hypersensitive to smells, you might want to pass

Fawcett-Dearing Publishing, USA. 1953. 474 pages. Over 25 illustrations, some of which are informative line illustrations, in addition to the ones I've shown here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/202754178576

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)