• "The Many Saints of Newark"

From Irish Ranger@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 3 15:36:08 2021
    This is the long awaited "Sopranos" prequel. I have to say that
    although I really liked the "Sopranos", and bought the full DVD set,
    I was a little disappointed in "Many Saints". However, to be fair, I
    have to say a couple of things. Even though I have the deluxe HBO package through AT&T cable TV, I had to watch "Many Saints" through the HBO Max app. The result was not good. First, I could not get closed caption and had a hard time understanding a
    lot of the dialog. Second, most of the movie looked like it had been filmed in the dark. The lighting was terrible.

But again, that may have just been a problem with my using the HBO Max app. I don't have those problems with any of the other HBO shows I watch with the regular AT&T cable service.

Bottom line: I am glad I watched it and even happier that I didn't have
    to pay any extra fee to do it.

Irish Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From RichA@21:1/5 to Irish Ranger on Thu Oct 7 21:04:44 2021
    On Sunday, 3 October 2021 at 18:36:10 UTC-4, Irish Ranger wrote:
    have to say a couple of things. Even though I have the deluxe HBO package through AT&T cable TV, I had to watch "Many Saints" through the HBO Max app. The result was not good. First, I could not get closed caption and had a hard time understanding a
    lot of the dialog. Second, most of the movie looked like it had been filmed in the dark. The lighting was terrible.

But again, that may have just been a problem with my using the HBO Max app. I don't have those problems with any of the other HBO shows I watch with the regular AT&T cable service.

Irish Mike

Not only did the Tony character hardly make much of a mark (nothing, really) in this movie, it was mostly about a fictionally-contrived uncle. Plus honestly, it is not in the top-tier of mob movies by any stretch.
    Disappointing, as I thought it was to be a tv series dealing with the early adult life of Tony as a mafia up and comer.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JG Rove@21:1/5 to RichA on Fri Oct 8 11:27:33 2021
    On Thursday, October 7, 2021 at 11:04:46 PM UTC-5, RichA wrote:

Irish Mike
    Not only did the Tony character hardly make much of a mark (nothing, really) in this movie, it was mostly about a fictionally-contrived uncle. Plus honestly, it is not in the top-tier of mob movies by any stretch.
    Disappointing, as I thought it was to be a tv series dealing with the early adult life of Tony as a mafia up and comer.

Chase should film Gandolphinies heart attack story in Europe where they stole his Rolex off his wrist.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RichA@21:1/5 to JG Rove on Sat Oct 9 00:45:27 2021
    On Friday, 8 October 2021 at 14:27:34 UTC-4, JG Rove wrote:
    I was a little disappointed in "Many Saints". However, to be fair, I have to say a couple of things. Even though I have the deluxe HBO package through AT&T cable TV, I had to watch "Many Saints" through the HBO Max app. The result was not good. First, I could not get closed caption and had a hard time understanding
    a lot of the dialog. Second, most of the movie looked like it had been filmed in the dark. The lighting was terrible.

Bottom line: I am glad I watched it and even happier that I didn't have to pay any extra fee to do it.

Irish Mike
    Chase should film Gandolphinies heart attack story in Europe where they stole his Rolex off his wrist.

Europe is a s---hole. They earn maybe 2/3 of what an American does for the same job and pay 40% in income tax. No wonder they steal.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Otto J. Makela@21:1/5 to RichA on Sun Oct 17 16:15:06 2021
    RichA <rander3128@gmail.com> wrote:

Europe is a s---hole. They earn maybe 2/3 of what an American does
    for the same job and pay 40% in income tax. No wonder they steal.

Remembering your repeated poorly-considered inflammatory trollings,
    I won't bite, but just remark that you've certainly swallowed the
    hook, line and sinker of propaganda.
    --
    /* * * Otto J. Makela <om@iki.fi> * * * * * * * * * */
    /* Phone: +358 40 765 5772, ICBM: N 60 10' E 24 55' */
    /* Mail: Mechelininkatu 26 B 27, FI-00100 Helsinki */
    /* * * Computers Rule 01001111 01001011 * * * * * * */

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Irish Ranger@21:1/5 to RichA on Sun Oct 17 05:54:41 2021
    On Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 3:45:29 AM UTC-4, RichA wrote:
    On Friday, 8 October 2021 at 14:27:34 UTC-4, JG Rove wrote:
    This is the long awaited "Sopranos" prequel. I have to say that although I really liked the "Sopranos", and bought the full DVD set,
    I was a little disappointed in "Many Saints". However, to be fair, I have to say a couple of things. Even though I have the deluxe HBO package through AT&T cable TV, I had to watch "Many Saints" through the HBO Max app. The result was not good. First, I could not get closed caption and had a hard time
    understanding a lot of the dialog. Second, most of the movie looked like it had been filmed in the dark. The lighting was terrible.

Irish Mike
    Europe is a s---hole. They earn maybe 2/3 of what an American does for the same job and pay 40% in income tax. No wonder they steal.

Is that true about his Rolex? I read about his heart attack but never heard about his
    missing Rolex.

Irish Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Irish Ranger@21:1/5 to Otto J. Makela on Sun Oct 17 06:53:29 2021
    On Sunday, October 17, 2021 at 9:15:09 AM UTC-4, Otto J. Makela wrote:
    RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:

Europe is a s---hole. They earn maybe 2/3 of what an American does
    for the same job and pay 40% in income tax. No wonder they steal.
    Remembering your repeated poorly-considered inflammatory trollings,
    I won't bite, but just remark that you've certainly swallowed the
    hook, line and sinker of propaganda.

I read a post and asked if it was true. If that causes you a big
    problem -it's your problem.

Irish Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Otto J. Makela@21:1/5 to Irish Ranger on Sun Oct 17 17:02:45 2021
    Irish Ranger <irishranger317@gmail.com> wrote:

I read a post and asked if it was true. If that causes you a big
    problem -it's your problem.

But I wasn't replying to your message?
    --
    /* * * Otto J. Makela <om@iki.fi> * * * * * * * * * */
    /* Phone: +358 40 765 5772, ICBM: N 60 10' E 24 55' */
    /* Mail: Mechelininkatu 26 B 27, FI-00100 Helsinki */
    /* * * Computers Rule 01001111 01001011 * * * * * * */

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05