• Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

From Bill Anderson@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 1 03:51:14 2023
    It’s a tentpole blockbuster franchise but this outing didn’t do so very well at the box office and suddenly it’s streaming on the Internet. So why? How come nobody cares? It has everything Indiana Jones movies are supposed
    to have, everything they have had before. Oh. Well, yeah, I’ve seen it all before haven’t I? Maybe that’s it.

De-aged Harrison Ford looks just great to me. It’s a miracle; do they have
    a cream for that at the drugstore?

This movie has everything an Indiana Jones movie is supposed to have. And
    it looks great most of the time, though at least once when Indy was running along the top of a moving train I was reminded of 1933 King Kong effects. It’s got all the chase sequences and the creepy crawlies and the snaky
    things and the tomb robbing and the obligatory references to previous
    movies that you would want. It even uses a little bit of dialogue to kill
    off Shia LaBoeuf, which was nice. And the closing sequence was seriously touching. So how come audiences didn’t care?

Like I said: we’ve seen it all before.

--
    Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From william ahearn@21:1/5 to Bill Anderson on Thu Aug 31 23:25:11 2023
    On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 11:51:23 PM UTC-4, Bill Anderson wrote:
    It’s a tentpole blockbuster franchise but this outing didn’t do so very well at the box office and suddenly it’s streaming on the Internet. So why?
    How come nobody cares? It has everything Indiana Jones movies are supposed to have, everything they have had before. Oh. Well, yeah, I’ve seen it all before haven’t I? Maybe that’s it.

De-aged Harrison Ford looks just great to me. It’s a miracle; do they have a cream for that at the drugstore?

it looks great most of the time, though at least once when Indy was running along the top of a moving train I was reminded of 1933 King Kong effects. It’s got all the chase sequences and the creepy crawlies and the snaky things and the tomb robbing and the obligatory references to previous
    movies that you would want. It even uses a little bit of dialogue to kill off Shia LaBoeuf, which was nice. And the closing sequence was seriously touching. So how come audiences didn’t care?

Nazis? Again with the Nazis. Seriously?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bill Anderson@21:1/5 to william ahearn on Fri Sep 1 10:54:59 2023
    william ahearn <wlahearn@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Thursday, August 31, 2023 at 11:51:23 PM UTC-4, Bill Anderson wrote:
    It’s a tentpole blockbuster franchise but this outing didn’t do so very >> well at the box office and suddenly it’s streaming on the Internet. So why?
    How come nobody cares? It has everything Indiana Jones movies are supposed >> to have, everything they have had before. Oh. Well, yeah, I’ve seen it all >> before haven’t I? Maybe that’s it.

De-aged Harrison Ford looks just great to me. It’s a miracle; do they have >> a cream for that at the drugstore?

it looks great most of the time, though at least once when Indy was running >> along the top of a moving train I was reminded of 1933 King Kong effects.
    It’s got all the chase sequences and the creepy crawlies and the snaky
    things and the tomb robbing and the obligatory references to previous
    off Shia LaBoeuf, which was nice. And the closing sequence was seriously
    touching. So how come audiences didn’t care?

Nazis? Again with the Nazis. Seriously?

Oh yeah, forgot to mention: it’s even got Nazis.

--
    Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From moviePig@21:1/5 to Bill Anderson on Fri Sep 1 10:59:05 2023
    On 8/31/2023 11:51 PM, Bill Anderson wrote:
    It’s a tentpole blockbuster franchise but this outing didn’t do so very well at the box office and suddenly it’s streaming on the Internet. So why? How come nobody cares? It has everything Indiana Jones movies are supposed
    to have, everything they have had before. Oh. Well, yeah, I’ve seen it all before haven’t I? Maybe that’s it.

De-aged Harrison Ford looks just great to me. It’s a miracle; do they have a cream for that at the drugstore?

it looks great most of the time, though at least once when Indy was running along the top of a moving train I was reminded of 1933 King Kong effects. It’s got all the chase sequences and the creepy crawlies and the snaky things and the tomb robbing and the obligatory references to previous
    off Shia LaBoeuf, which was nice. And the closing sequence was seriously touching. So how come audiences didn’t care?

If they have a cream for it, it'll be 'creme', and rhyme with 'vim'.
    And, though not fond of CGI-characters, I much prefer them to de-aged
    ones ...who seem to me like creepy stunt-doubles.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05