• The Swarm (France) 2020

From william ahearn@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 10 18:38:58 2021
    Hey,

A farm in France where the livestock isn't cattle or horses or pigs. The farmer – a widow and single mother – is raising locusts as a natural protein for farm animals much to the embarrassment of her children. The locusts are roasted and ground into
    an additive for animal feed. Something is affecting the locusts and production is off.

There seems to be a solution. The locusts are found feeding on the blood when the son has an injury. Little by little – through some interesting events – the woman realizes she might have a solution to her problem.

What I really appreciated about this film is that it isn't fodder for a Horror Con convention. It isn't aimed at juvenile viewers who might appreciate 1957's Beginning of the End. The film is more concerned with the mother's struggle than being a bug
    blood fest.

The French title is La Nuée and it's well made with an interesting ending.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From trotsky@21:1/5 to william ahearn on Wed Aug 11 05:21:15 2021
    On 8/10/2021 8:38 PM, william ahearn wrote:
    Hey,

A farm in France where the livestock isn't cattle or horses or pigs. The farmer – a widow and single mother – is raising locusts as a natural protein for farm animals much to the embarrassment of her children. The locusts are roasted and ground
    into an additive for animal feed. Something is affecting the locusts and production is off.

There seems to be a solution. The locusts are found feeding on the blood when the son has an injury. Little by little – through some interesting events – the woman realizes she might have a solution to her problem.

What I really appreciated about this film is that it isn't fodder for a Horror Con convention. It isn't aimed at juvenile viewers who might appreciate 1957's Beginning of the End. The film is more concerned with the mother's struggle than being a bug
    blood fest.

The French title is La Nuée and it's well made with an interesting ending.

Good review, sounds like a movie I'll definitely see. Thanks for not
    pulling a moviepig.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From prairieevaluate@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 5 02:48:30 2022
    william ahearn wrote:
    Hey,

A farm in France where the livestock isn't cattle or horses or
    pigs. The farmer – a widow and single mother – is raising locusts
    as a natural protein for farm animals much to the embarrassment of her children. The locusts are roasted and ground into an additive for
    animal feed. Something is affecting the locusts and production is off.

There seems to be a solution. The locusts are found feeding on the
    blood when the son has an injury. Little by little – through some
    interesting events – the woman realizes she might have a solution to
    her problem.

What I really appreciated about this film is that it isn't fodder
    for a Horror Con convention. It isn't aimed at juvenile viewers who
    might appreciate 1957's Beginning of the End. The film is more
    concerned with the mother's struggle than being a bug blood fest.

The French title is La Nuée and it's well made with an interesting
    ending.

The whole film can only be described in the last 20
    minutes of the film. I know it's not my type of film, but I'm sure
    want to tell u. It's a very slow film to get into the plot and it's so stressful. :)

This is a response to the post seen at: http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=603869768#603869768

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05