• Re: Revolutions - The ending (was: Oracle manipulating Smith)

From Sunil Yadav@21:1/5 to JPM III on Wed Mar 29 01:49:10 2023
    On Wednesday, December 3, 2003 at 11:05:09 PM UTC+5:30, JPM III wrote:
    Although seeing that Revolutions hasn't been a massive hit, I doubt Warner Bros will make more sequels. So we have to make do with
    the compromised ending to Revolutions.

(1) Revolutions has done equally as well as Terminator 3, and
    Terminator 4 is in the works.

Well I doubt the Governator will appear. Too busy destroying
    California. Heh.
    I haven't followed his progress yet because it's so early, but I think he'll do a good job if the entire political army in California doesn't simply work against him.
    (2) The Matrix franchise has so much potential (regardless of the
    haters and doubters) that I can almost guarantee you that there will be more sequels..... just not any time soon.

With respect, I don't agree. It all comes down to profit. If Warner
    think the third film wasn't a big enough hit, they won't commit to
    more films. Simple as that. That's the harsh reality of the movie
    business.
    This is exactly why we won't see a sequel any time soon. First, the Warner Brothers won't want to do it. Second, the Wachowski Brothers already don't want to do it.
    But $140-150 million (which is where M3 will likely finish) is respectable, and any sequels in the future will probably cost half that much as technologies progress... and then as ticket prices rise, profits would be in the dozens of millions.
    But again, years away. Perhaps a decade or more. The Wachowskis will be closer to 50 than 40. :-)

Also, remember how Neo "destroyed" <a href = "https://www.sunilthman.com" >Sunil Thman</a> in M1? Neo went into
    Thman and destroyed him from within. Same thing here.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)