• Demonization And Choice

From Ilya Shambat@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 23 20:14:12 2023
    There are many people who want to impugn whole groups of people. Their claim is that they are bad. Do you know the argument that should be made to cut to the heart of this?

It is as follows. These people are people. People are beings capable of choice. Anything capable of choice can be good or bad.

We see such attacks on Jews; on women; on narcissists and sociopaths. The correct solution is to appeal to what’s central to being human: Choice. Anything capable of choice can be good or bad. That is the case with Jews, with women, with narcissists
    and sociopaths, what have you.

Once someone on the Internet was saying that sociopaths by definition cannot be good people. That is completely wrong. Anyone is capable of being a good person. Understand the effects of your actions and calculate them in such a way as to benefit other
    people more and hurt them less. Anything with a brain is capable of doing that. That includes sociopaths.

I am someone who went from someone whom most people saw as a bad person to someone whom most people see as a good one. I know for a fact that this is possible. I am not a sociopath; however I know what they need to do in order to be good people. They
    need to understand the ways in which they impact on others and choose their actions carefully to have the best possible effect.

To claim that groups of people are evil is therefore completely wrong. Once again, they are all beings capable of choice. And anyone capable of choice is capable of right choice.

So whenever someone is trying to agitate you against one or another group of people, use that argument. They are people; people beings capable of choice; and anything capable of choice can be good.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)