• PING Zod! Re "Spring Rains"

From George J. Dance@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 14 14:56:44 2023
    I've been copying and formatting blog posts for April today. I just did "Spring Rains".

I like it as is -- I like the spontaneous look of it, which goes well with the subject. I would make one editorial suggestion: take off the periods at the ends of the stanzas (except the last one). I just think they're wrong, as they're not marking off
    complete sentences and that sticks out and is distracting, given how short your stanzas are here.

The initial capitals on the stanza are fine with me, no odder than initial capitals on lines that aren't beginning sentences; but I just don't think the periods belong at the ends.

Let me know what you think. "Spring Rains" is scheduled for the blog on Apr. 22, so there's no hurry.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From George J. Dance@21:1/5 to George J. Dance on Fri Apr 14 14:58:24 2023
    On Friday, April 14, 2023 at 5:56:46 PM UTC-4, George J. Dance wrote:
    I've been copying and formatting blog posts for April today. I just did "Spring Rains".

I like it as is -- I like the spontaneous look of it, which goes well with the subject. I would make one editorial suggestion: take off the periods at the ends of the stanzas (except the last one). I just think they're wrong, as they're not marking off
    complete sentences and that sticks out and is distracting, given how short your stanzas are here.

The initial capitals on the stanza are fine with me, no odder than initial capitals on lines that aren't beginning sentences; but I just don't think the periods belong at the ends.

Let me know what you think. "Spring Rains" is scheduled for the blog on Apr. 22, so there's no hurry.

One more thing, sir; date of composition. Is this a new, 2023 poem?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)