• Question for George Dance

From Jordy C@21:1/5 to All on Thu Mar 9 10:24:08 2023
    Was wondering if you were familiar with a poet in in Toronto named Martin Reyto? He is also a retired professor… have never met him in person but we knew each other on another Usenet NG, anand although we got a long pretty well for years, ouour â€
    śrelationship” on Usenet ended very acrimoniously (long story)…

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From George J. Dance@21:1/5 to Jordy C on Thu Mar 9 12:13:57 2023
    On Thursday, March 9, 2023 at 1:24:09 PM UTC-5, Jordy C wrote:
    Was wondering if you were familiar with a poet in in Toronto named Martin Reyto? He is also a retired professor… have never met him in person but we knew each other on another Usenet NG

No, I'm sorry, I don't know him. I did find a Martin Reyto on facebook, who lives in Canada judging by his posts; he looks the right age as well. I haven't contacted him, just looked at his public page.
    https://www.facebook.com/mreyto

, and although we got a long pretty well for years, our “relationship” on Usenet ended very acrimoniously (long story)…

I'm surprised; the last adjective I'd associate with you is "acrimonious". Feel free to tell me what you want of that,, and don't feel pressured to tell me anything of course.

If you do want to make contact with him again, but want to use me as a third party rather than confront him directly right off, I'll be happy to help.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jordy C@21:1/5 to George J. Dance on Thu Mar 9 12:26:42 2023
    On Thursday, March 9, 2023 at 3:13:59 PM UTC-5, George J. Dance wrote:
    Was wondering if you were familiar with a poet in in Toronto named Martin Reyto? He is also a retired professor… have never met him in person but we knew each other on another Usenet NG
    No, I'm sorry, I don't know him. I did find a Martin Reyto on facebook, who lives in Canada judging by his posts; he looks the right age as well. I haven't contacted him, just looked at his public page.

, and although we got a long pretty well for years, our “relationship” on Usenet ended very acrimoniously (long story)…

I'm surprised; the last adjective I'd associate with you is "acrimonious". Feel free to tell me what you want of that,, and don't feel pressured to tell me anything of course.

If you do want to make contact with him again, but want to use me as a third party rather than confront him directly right off, I'll be happy to help.
    I was just curious, have no desire to have any contact with him, though I do at this point, wish him well... I just chalk it up to it being usenet, where needles to say, a lot of nonsense occurs... I was just curious if you knew of him or his work,
    being that you both are from Toronto and are poets...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George J. Dance@21:1/5 to Jordy C on Thu Mar 9 15:43:46 2023
    On Thursday, March 9, 2023 at 3:26:44 PM UTC-5, Jordy C wrote:
    On Thursday, March 9, 2023 at 3:13:59 PM UTC-5, George J. Dance wrote:

I was just curious, have no desire to have any contact with him, though I do at this point, wish him well... I just chalk it up to it being usenet, where needles to say, a lot of nonsense occurs... I was just curious if you knew of him or his work,
    being that you both are from Toronto and are poets...

Well, now you got me curious. I'm going to have a look and see if I can find any of his work online.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05