• Relationship Skills and Education

From Ilya Shambat@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 2 22:41:53 2023
    There are people who think that before one can have a relationship one has to learn relationship skills. There is a problem with that claim. There are many people who think that relationship skills means beating the woman up. These people don’t do
    anything to confront such people; but they attack people in liberal cultures who have children. Which means that they are a bunch of hypocrites.

How on earth does one learn relationship skills? As always, through practice. When I was at the Burningman festival, people were telling me that people were not ready for that much freedom. How does one get ready for freedom? It is by trying it out in
    small doses. Then, as the ability to handle freedom increases, increase the dose.

Does nothing stand to be learned from psychology? Absolutely not. There are many people in psychology who have valuable insight. This however is not one of them. Once again, where on earth does one get relationship skills except by being in a
    relationship?

Now there are many people who rightfully think that teenagers should not be getting pregnant as they lack the skills that they need to be good parents. This is correct. When I was a teenager I was not in the business of getting girls pregnant. I was in
    the business of getting an education. And many people thought that I was a nerd or a know-it-all because I took school seriously. If you think it’s OK for a teenage girl to get pregnant but not OK for someone to take school seriously, then the problem
    is with you.

In my own parenting, I have been very good to my daughter. I love her, and she loves me. When she was 4, a house guest taped her singing in the bathtub, “I love you daddy, I love you daddy.” I cannot be accused of irresponsible parenting or anything
    of the sort. I have been a highly responsible parent, and my daughter is doing well at school while having many friends and being in no kind of trouble.

The biggest problem with education in places such as the inner city is lack of interest in education. It is not the lack of funding. If kids don’t want to learn, then no money spent will be enough. The kids who take school seriously get attacked. It is
    claimed that they are nerds or know-it-alls or “think they’re better than everyone else.” What qualifies these people to speak for everyone else – 8 billion people, most of them nothing like themselves? Of whatever arrogance the serious student
    is guilty, theirs is far greater. And it is a much more destructive form of arrogance. The pride of the achiever, when channeled correctly, results in all sorts of good things. Whereas nothing good is owed to attitudes such as this.

Going back to the original subject. How on earth does one get relationship skills? If the education people are serious about addressing this problem, then they will be teaching such things in the school system. That way more people will know what they
    are doing. And the result will be better relationships all across the board..

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)