• A Covid vaccination story

From George J. Dance@21:1/5 to George J. Dance on Tue Jun 8 20:43:47 2021
    On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 11:39:30 PM UTC-4, George J. Dance wrote:
    Originally posted to Twitter (which is why it's in 4 parts)

1 / When Alice met her friends Bob and Cathy, she had some big news to share with them.

"I just got my second jab of the Covid vaccine, " she blurted out. After telling her friends all about it, she asked: "How about you two? When are you getting yours?"

Imagine her surprise when /...2

2/ ... both friends told her, "Oh, we're not getting vaccinated."

"Why not?" Alice gasped.

"It's simple," said Bob. "I'm an clam, and there's no evidence clams can get Covid from humans." /...3

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From George J. Dance@21:1/5 to George J. Dance on Tue Jun 8 20:45:06 2021
    On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 11:43:48 PM UTC-4, George J. Dance wrote:

1 / When Alice met her friends Bob and Cathy, she had some big news to share with them.

"I just got my second jab of the Covid vaccine, " she blurted out. After telling her friends all about it, she asked: "How about you two? When are you getting yours?"

"Why not?" Alice gasped.

"It's simple," said Bob. "I'm an clam, and there's no evidence clams can get Covid from humans." /...3

3/ "And I'm an oyster," added Cathy, "and there's no evidence that oysters can be infected, either."

Alice had heard enough; she was thoroughly fed up. She turned on her heel and strode away, but not before blasting her two ex-friends: /...4

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George J. Dance@21:1/5 to George J. Dance on Tue Jun 8 20:46:34 2021

"Why not?" Alice gasped.

3/ "And I'm an oyster," added Cathy, "and there's no evidence that oysters can be infected, either."

Alice had heard enough; she was thoroughly fed up. She turned on her heel and walked away from her two ex-friends, but not before delivering one final blast: /...4

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George J. Dance@21:1/5 to George J. Dance on Tue Jun 8 20:47:53 2021
    On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 11:46:35 PM UTC-4, George J. Dance wrote:

"Why not?" Alice gasped.

Alice had heard enough; she was thoroughly fed up. She turned on her heel and walked away from her two ex-friends, but not before delivering one final blast: /...4

4/ "Well, I think you two are just being shellfish!" / End

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From George J. Dance@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 8 20:39:29 2021

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Terry Stomp@21:1/5 to George J. Dance on Wed Jun 9 16:20:34 2021

Quite interesting...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05