• Need a farce for high school

From cooltrucly@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 24 06:32:23 2018
    Greetings from 2018!!

I have no idea how you guys were able to use Google back in 1997...
    But anyway, I have to perform a Farce play for a school project too! Thanks for your suggestions! They're helpful even 11 years in the future (:

-Yung Tuna

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John W Kennedy@21:1/5 to cooltrucly@gmail.com on Wed Jan 24 16:37:50 2018
    On 1/24/18 9:32 AM, cooltrucly@gmail.com wrote:
    Greetings from 2018!!

Google has nothing to do with it. Google Groups is just a Web gateway to
    an Internet system called (among other names) USENET that was running
    before the Web was invented. It’s nearly gone now, replaced by (ugh!) Facebook.

But anyway, I have to perform a Farce play for a school project too! Thanks for your suggestions! They're helpful even 11 years in the future (:

/You/ have to? There aren’t many one-handed farces; they’re hard to distinguish from stand-up routines.

If you mean you and a group, well, Aristophanes generally requires the
    audience to know a lot of ancient Greek politics, but Plautus is pretty straightforward. On the other hand, you might get into trouble for being
    too nearly R-rated. Same thing for most modern farces. There’s always Shakespeare’s “The Comedy of Errors”. I tend to see “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead” as a farce, but your teacher might disagree with
    me. There’s an old chestnut called “And the Lamp Went Out”, but it’s basically mime, except for the narrator.

--
    John W. Kennedy
    "The blind rulers of Logres
    Nourished the land on a fallacy of rational virtue."
    -- Charles Williams. "Taliessin through Logres: Prelude"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ty ga@21:1/5 to John W Kennedy on Thu Feb 1 06:34:40 2018
    On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 4:37:53 PM UTC-5, John W Kennedy wrote:
    On 1/24/18 9:32 AM, cooltrucly@gmail.com wrote:
    Greetings from 2018!!

Google has nothing to do with it. Google Groups is just a Web gateway to
    an Internet system called (among other names) USENET that was running
    before the Web was invented. It’s nearly gone now, replaced by (ugh!) Facebook.

/You/ have to? There aren’t many one-handed farces; they’re hard to distinguish from stand-up routines.

If you mean you and a group, well, Aristophanes generally requires the audience to know a lot of ancient Greek politics, but Plautus is pretty straightforward. On the other hand, you might get into trouble for being
    too nearly R-rated. Same thing for most modern farces. There’s always Shakespeare’s “The Comedy of Errors”. I tend to see “Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead” as a farce, but your teacher might disagree with me. There’s an old chestnut called “And the Lamp Went Out”, but it’s basically mime, except for the narrator.

--
    John W. Kennedy
    "The blind rulers of Logres
    Nourished the land on a fallacy of rational virtue."
    -- Charles Williams. "Taliessin through Logres: Prelude"

ayo back off of my manz yo

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05