• Trilithium: What is it? No. Really! Make up my mind.

From John Savard@21:1/5 to EntrprsD on Sat Oct 14 17:32:25 2017
    On Friday, March 22, 1996 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, EntrprsD wrote:
    I agree. I am positive that there is a compound/isotope called Trilithium.

Apparently, there is a substance called dilithium in the real world - gaseous lithium can sometimes consist of diatomic lithium molecules.

I had to check to verify that there is a Trilithium in Star Trek:

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Trilithium

Lithium is an alkali metal, with a valence of one, so there could not be triatomic lithium analogous to ozone.

John Savard

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From justalittlebaby4@gmail.com@21:1/5 to EntrprsD on Tue Apr 10 19:22:32 2018
    On Friday, March 22, 1996 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, EntrprsD wrote:

Just another fact: The deuterium used in the warp drives on ALL Trek shows DOES exist - it is a isotope of Hydrogen.

EntrprsD

There IS a compound called TriLithium, the complete name is TriLithium Aluminum Hexahydride. Nothing to do with SciFi,warp drive or the like. I have several kilos.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gerdesilets@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 17 09:00:59 2018
    Le vendredi 22 mars 1996 04:00:00 UTC-4, EntrprsD a écrit :

Just another fact: The deuterium used in the warp drives on ALL Trek shows DOES exist - it is a isotope of Hydrogen.

EntrprsD

trilithium is use by romulan to control or stop fusion reaction as seen in startrek generation the movie

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Savard@21:1/5 to justalit...@gmail.com on Fri Sep 7 09:38:40 2018
    On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 8:22:33 PM UTC-6, justalit...@gmail.com wrote:

There IS a compound called TriLithium, the complete name is TriLithium Aluminum > Hexahydride. Nothing to do with SciFi,warp drive or the like. I have several
    kilos.

Of course there are chemical compounds that have three lithium atoms in their molecules.

But Star Trek's "trilithium" belongs to a third-order periodic table, just as dilithium belongs to a second-order periodic table; it's an element of some form
    of exotic matter.

Not so exotic, at least in the case of dilithium, that one can't dig solid chunks of it out of the ground - although a dilithium cracking station is an extensive complex.

John Savard

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05