• Earl Holliman Gay?

From sallymoscardelli1@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 6 19:02:53 2018
    I like Earl Holliman. It hurts me to think hes gay.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From valeriecaylor74@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 11 10:45:12 2018
    Actually, if anyone did any reasearch into Mr. Holliman's background, they MAY realize that Mr.Holliman preferred to remain a bachelor because he didn't want to marry, father children, then die when the child is young, as not only his biological father
    and his adoptive father had done. His biological father died while his mother was pregnant with him, and having other children at home and scant income, his mother gave him up at birth. Then his adoptive father died when Holliman was 13.
    It may simply be a case that Mr. Holliman feared the same happening to his wife and children should he marry.
    I personally know people who have lived their lives in fear of what happened to them as children happening to their own children, so this is not so far fetched an idea in Mr. Holliman's case.
    While I understand that "confirmed bachelor" has been code for being gay, it's also the correct term for men who are comoletely straight, but never chose to marry, for whatever reason.
    And another little known or published fact, Mr. Holliman is a Republican and votes to the right.
    Finally, let me wish you a Happy 90th Birthday, Mr. Holliman! May you have many more!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From cochranec959@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Nov 3 10:40:10 2018
    If he was gay, then his role as Bill cowley to angie s pepper Anderson, he came across as all man. Hard not to around angie, if ur a man. But a bloody good actor at being straight. Personally I think he's straight, but even if he's gay, I'm still a fan
    and love him.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From trofirhen@gmail.com@21:1/5 to darr...@aol.com on Sun Mar 3 16:31:02 2019
    On Monday, 28 April 2003 07:35:13 UTC+2, darr...@aol.com wrote:
    "megans" <megans@drizzle.com> wrote in message news:<1051416300.618262@yasure>...

Have been watching Giant tonight on TCM, and I found myself browsing through
    the star bios and a couple of web pages on IMDB and other places.
    One declared that "Holliman is a self-confessed confirmed bachelor."
    Am I late to the game and just now discovering that he's gay? I've never heard mention of such....
    And here's a little tidbit: two of the cast of "Giant" went on to play major
    roles in William Castle horror films: Carolyn Craig, who played Elizabeth Taylor's sister, was a star of the original "House on Haunted Hill." And Judith Evelyn, who played Elizabeth Taylor's mother in "Giant," was the mute
    gal in "The Tingler" who enjoys what was billed as the screen's "first full-color blood bath."!> Megans>>

The late, great James Dean would have been able to tell us!eheee Then
    again, Dean is said to have been bi-curious. And as Andrew Dice Clay
    (b. Silverstein, NYC's very own sweet Jew) once said, "There's no such
    thing as bi-sexual. You either suck d*ck or you don't!" ehe -D, NYC "Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn's got a winning team" - BILLY JOEL
    (NY's very own sweet Jew - one of the top 100 selling artists of
    all-time)

Getting back to Earl Holliman, if he in fact gay, he destroys ant preconceived stereotype of what a gay man is supposed to look like, actlike, or "feel like."

He's the type that if you didn't know better, you'd assume was married, maybe with children.

All this goes against sterotying a person's sexuality by their appearance, although admittedly there are cases where the projection is very evident.
    Earl Holliman was just a rare case who went against the grain in persona.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Lewis@21:1/5 to sallymoscardelli1@gmail.com on Tue Sep 3 12:36:12 2019
    In message <bc8a4411-8eb9-46f5-8505-20b125adbf30@googlegroups.com> sallymoscardelli1@gmail.com <sallymoscardelli1@gmail.com> wrote:
    I like Earl Holliman. It hurts me to think hes gay.

Then you're a terrible person.

--
    'The only reason we're still alive now is that we're more fun alive than
    dead,' said Granny's voice behind her. --Lords and Ladies

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Lewis@21:1/5 to trofirhen@gmail.com on Tue Sep 3 12:39:15 2019
    In message <ba937938-d317-4e8e-aece-304dbe910170@googlegroups.com> trofirhen@gmail.com <trofirhen@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Monday, 28 April 2003 07:35:13 UTC+2, darr...@aol.com wrote:
    "megans" <megans@drizzle.com> wrote in message news:<1051416300.618262@yasure>...

Have been watching Giant tonight on TCM, and I found myself browsing through
    the star bios and a couple of web pages on IMDB and other places.
    One declared that "Holliman is a self-confessed confirmed bachelor."
    Am I late to the game and just now discovering that he's gay? I've never >> > heard mention of such....
    And here's a little tidbit: two of the cast of "Giant" went on to play major
    roles in William Castle horror films: Carolyn Craig, who played Elizabeth >> > Taylor's sister, was a star of the original "House on Haunted Hill." And >> > Judith Evelyn, who played Elizabeth Taylor's mother in "Giant," was the mute
    gal in "The Tingler" who enjoys what was billed as the screen's "first
    full-color blood bath."!> Megans>>

The late, great James Dean would have been able to tell us!eheee Then
    again, Dean is said to have been bi-curious. And as Andrew Dice Clay
    (b. Silverstein, NYC's very own sweet Jew) once said, "There's no such
    thing as bi-sexual. You either suck d*ck or you don't!" ehe -D, NYC
    "Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn's got a winning team" - BILLY JOEL
    (NY's very own sweet Jew - one of the top 100 selling artists of
    all-time)

Getting back to Earl Holliman, if he in fact gay, he destroys ant preconceived stereotype of what a gay man is supposed to look like,
    actlike, or "feel like."

Ever seen Rock Hudson?

--
    They were the observers of the operation of the universe, its clerks,
    its auditors. They saw to it that things spun and rocks fell. And they
    believed that for a thing to exist it had to have a position in time and
    space. Humanity had arrived as a nasty shock. Humanity practically was
    things that didn't have a position in time and space, such as
    imagination, pity, hope, history and belief. Take those away and all you
    had was an ape that fell out of trees a lot. --The Thief of Time

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05