• "Arthur And Company" on WPLG-TV Miami, 1980's

From thepitaman@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Viva El Dandy on Wed Oct 7 11:21:31 2015
    On Monday, January 7, 2002 at 1:32:04 AM UTC-5, Viva El Dandy wrote:
    I am looking for anyone who might have any information about a kid's
    TV program called "Arthur And Company" which aired on WPLG 10 Miami,
    FL in the early 1980's.

It aired on Saturday mornings at 6:30 am, and featured a group of
    puppets who ran their own television station. They often shot
    segments with the puppets at Miami-area elementary schools.

I tried going through WPLG and Post-Newsweek (their parent company at
    the time) for archive tapes - they told me that the show had never
    been archived.

Are any of you familiar with the South Florida puppeteer who was
    involved with this TV show? I remember in the opening credits, they mentioned his/her surname but it's been almost 20 years.

Thank you for your help.

VED

There's a short clip on youtube and from the credits it looks like the puppeteer is Camma Ward. I remember this show because on Saturday morning it was the first show to kick off the cartoon binge. I remember it was still dark when it was on.
    Bittersweet nostalgia. :)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From norrischarlesd@sau.edu@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 19 17:25:53 2017
    I have tons of memories from that show. Clarity Haast often visited from the serpentarium. Sis and Alice. George and Monroe. Miss Camma. The memories are theee

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DEPARTMENT EIGHT@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 4 01:21:22 2021
    I have fond memories of this show. Watched all the time at my grandmother's house. I would love to see this again. I remember one episode when 'Sid," I believe that was his name, drank too many sodas, and ended up wearing a 'soda can' necklace around his
    neck. He was kind of nightmarish looking. There was also a Murray or a Mort? Somebody out there must have a few episodes saved.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From cb monroe@21:1/5 to DEPARTMENT EIGHT on Mon Mar 13 13:00:26 2023
    On Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 3:21:22 AM UTC-5, DEPARTMENT EIGHT wrote:
    I have fond memories of this show. Watched all the time at my grandmother's house. I would love to see this again. I remember one episode when 'Sid," I believe that was his name, drank too many sodas, and ended up wearing a 'soda can' necklace around
    his neck. He was kind of nightmarish looking. There was also a Murray or a Mort? Somebody out there must have a few episodes saved.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From cb monroe@21:1/5 to DEPARTMENT EIGHT on Mon Mar 13 13:04:05 2023
    On Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 3:21:22 AM UTC-5, DEPARTMENT EIGHT wrote:
    I have fond memories of this show. Watched all the time at my grandmother's house. I would love to see this again. I remember one episode when 'Sid," I believe that was his name, drank too many sodas, and ended up wearing a 'soda can' necklace around
    his neck. He was kind of nightmarish looking. There was also a Murray or a Mort? Somebody out there must have a few episodes saved.

I remember going out to eat someplace fancy with my grandparents in the 70's and Arthur the puppet and puppeteer were in the lobby - it must have been a big hotel banquet hall or something, I just remember seeing them across this large lobby where they
    were doing something (awards show or something maybe?) and the guy was really nice when he noticed me, a little kid, and so I got to go talk to Arthur in real life. It was neat!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05