• Valerie Bertinelli Trashes Food Network, Says "It's Not About Cooking A

From Ubiquitous@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 17 10:32:29 2024
    XPost: alt.tv.food-network

Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network several months after she was let go from the channel’s reality cooking competition series, “Kids Baking Championship.”

“I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the amazing ITK [in the kitchen] shows,” the 63-year-old star wrote on the social media
    app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray’s show “30-Minute Meals,” Ina Garten of “Barefoot Contessa” fame, and “Giada at Home” star Giada De Laurentiis specifically.

“I learned so much. It’s sad it’s not about cooking and learning any longer.
    Oh well, that’s just business, folks.”

Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn
    Schotland. She wrote, “I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork. Remember those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another cooking competition show.”

Bertinelli previously hosted a Food Network cooking show, “Valerie’s Home Kitchen,” from 2015 until 2023. She also hosted “Kids Baking Championship”
    for 12 seasons before unexpectedly not being invited back in January, which
    at the time she said, “really hurt my feelings.”

“It really sucks,” she said in a lengthy video post at the time.

She went on to describe how she was on the show during her “apex year of
    hell” as she was going through a divorce from Tom Vitale.

“Like I was going through it and pretending everything was just fine, because that’s what you do,” she said of filming season 12.

“And, without sounding like a drama queen, the show saved my life. Working
    with all those really wonderful people and feeling productive and knowing I could spread some kindness and not just wallow in my hell and just try to
    keep my head above water, it helped me, it was like a flotation device,” Bertinelli continued. “So it really hurts that I won’t be able to go back and see everybody and say ‘Hey, I made it through, hi!’”

“And to all the bakers that are coming in for the new season, even though I won’t be there, I’ll be there with you in spirit and I just want you to remember this: You are there for a reason. You’re some of the best bakers in America right now. And if you don’t make it to the next round, please always remember this, it’s not because you’re not a good baker, you just had a bad day,” she concluded.

--
    Let's go Brandon!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From BTR1701@21:1/5 to Ubiquitous on Wed Apr 17 12:17:24 2024

In article <uvomhu$1lc8m$1@dont-email.me>,
    Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network several months after she was let go from the channel's reality cooking competition series, KIDS BAKING CHAMPIONSHIP.

"I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the amazing ITK [in the kitchen] shows," the 63-year-old star wrote on the social media app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray's show 30-MINUTE MEALS, Ina Garten of BAREFOOT CONTESSA fame, and GIADA AT HOME star Giada De Laurentiis specifically.

"I learned so much. It's sad it's not about cooking and learning any longer. Oh well, that's just business, folks."

Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn Schotland. She wrote, "I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork. Remember those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another cooking competition show."

Bertinelli previously hosted a Food Network cooking show, VALERIE'S HOME KITCHEN, from 2015 until 2023. She also hosted KIDS BAKING CHAMPIONSHIP
    for 12 seasons before unexpectedly not being invited back in January, which at the time she said, "really hurt my feelings".

"It really sucks," she said in a lengthy video post at the time.

She went on to describe how she was on the show during her "apex year of hell" as she was going through a divorce from Tom Vitale.

"Like I was going through it and pretending everything was just fine, because that's what you do," she said of filming season 12. "And, without sounding like a drama queen, the show saved my life. Working with all those really wonderful people and feeling productive and knowing I could spread some kindness and not just wallow in my hell and just try to keep my head above water, it helped me, it was like a flotation device. So it really hurts that I won't be able to go back and see everybody and say 'Hey, I made it through, hi!'"

"And to all the bakers that are coming in for the new season, even though I won't be there, I'll be there with you in spirit and I just want you to remember this: You are there for a reason. You're some of the best bakers in America right now and if you don't make it to the next round, please always remember this, it's not because you're not a good baker, you just had a bad day," she concluded.

I said this over a year ago when Food Network canceled Bertinelli's
    show. Looks like I was right.

Valerie Bertinelli Says Food Network Canceled VALERIE'S HOME KITCHEN after 14 Seasons: "I Have No Idea Why" (April 8)

I do. It's because it's one of the few shows left on the Food Network that isn't a ridiculous competition.

You used to be able to watch Food Network to watch people make interesting dishes and teach you how to cook them. Now every show is a half dozen chefs racing around like lunatics, hyperactively edited like a John Wick fight scene, trying to throw together something to beat a relentless clock counting down to zero, then a panel of the same judges from every other Food Network show decides which one wins.

I liked Bertinelli's show because it was just her, in a kitchen, teaching you how to make good stuff. And that's why Food Network is dumping it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From NoBody@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 18 07:37:54 2024

On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:32:29 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
    wrote:

Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network several >months after she was let go from the channel’s reality cooking competition >series, “Kids Baking Championship.”

“I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the amazing >ITK [in the kitchen] shows,” the 63-year-old star wrote on the social media >app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray’s show “30-Minute Meals,” Ina Garten of >“Barefoot Contessa” fame, and “Giada at Home” star Giada De Laurentiis >specifically.

“I learned so much. It’s sad it’s not about cooking and learning any longer. >Oh well, that’s just business, folks.”

Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn >Schotland. She wrote, “I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork. Remember >those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another cooking >competition show.”

It's the Food game show network now.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Your Name@21:1/5 to NoBody on Fri Apr 19 10:50:46 2024

On 2024-04-18 11:37:54 +0000, NoBody said:
    On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 10:32:29 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
    wrote:

Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network several >> months after she was let go from the channel’s reality cooking competition >> series, “Kids Baking Championship.”

“I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the amazing >> ITK [in the kitchen] shows,” the 63-year-old star wrote on the social media >> app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray’s show “30-Minute Meals,” Ina Garten of >> “Barefoot Contessa” fame, and “Giada at Home” star Giada De Laurentiis
    specifically.

“I learned so much. It’s sad it’s not about cooking and learning any longer. >> Oh well, that’s just business, folks.”

Schotland. She wrote, “I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork. Remember >> those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another cooking
    competition show.”

Most TV networks have become the "reality TV' networks - it's far
    easier and cheaper for them to put drivel on-screen than it is to make
    proper shows. :-(

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ubiquitous@21:1/5 to NoBody@nowhere.com on Fri Apr 19 04:30:45 2024

NoBody@nowhere.com wrote:

Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network >>several months after she was let go from the channel’s reality cooking >>competition series, “Kids Baking Championship.”

“I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the >>amazing ITK [in the kitchen] shows,” the 63-year-old star wrote on the >>social media app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray’s show “30-Minute Meals,” >>Ina Garten of “Barefoot Contessa” fame, and “Giada at Home” star Giada
    De Laurentiis specifically.

“I learned so much. It’s sad it’s not about cooking and learning any >>longer. Oh well, that’s just business, folks.”

Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn >>Schotland. She wrote, “I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork. >>Remember those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another >>cooking competition show.”

I remember thinkning things were bad when SLoP showed up.

--
    Let's go Brandon!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From anim8rfsk@21:1/5 to Ubiquitous on Fri Apr 19 04:49:12 2024

Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network
    several months after she was let go from the channelÂ’s reality cooking
    competition series, “Kids Baking Championship.”

“I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the
    amazing ITK [in the kitchen] shows,” the 63-year-old star wrote on the
    social media app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray’s show “30-Minute Meals,”
    Ina Garten of “Barefoot Contessa” fame, and “Giada at Home” star Giada >>> De Laurentiis specifically.

“I learned so much. It’s sad it’s not about cooking and learning any
    longer. Oh well, that’s just business, folks.”

Schotland. She wrote, “I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork.
    Remember those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another
    cooking competition show.”

It’s been going downhill ever since they lost David Rosengarten, and TASTE.

--
    Let's go Brandon!

--
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ubiquitous@21:1/5 to anim8rfsk@cox.net on Sat Apr 20 04:30:41 2024

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network
    several months after she was let go from the channel’s reality cooking >>>> competition series, “Kids Baking Championship.”

“I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the
    amazing ITK [in the kitchen] shows,” the 63-year-old star wrote on the >>>> social media app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray’s show “30-Minute
    Meals,” Ina Garten of “Barefoot Contessa” fame, and “Giada at Home” star >>>> Giada De Laurentiis specifically.

“I learned so much. It’s sad it’s not about cooking and learning any
    longer. Oh well, that’s just business, folks.”

Schotland. She wrote, “I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork.
    Remember those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another >>>> cooking competition show.”

It's been going downhill ever since they lost David Rosengarten, and TASTE.

Wow, I had forgotten about that show!

--
    Let's go Brandon!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From anim8rfsk@21:1/5 to Ubiquitous on Sat Apr 20 12:25:25 2024

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network >>>>> several months after she was let go from the channel’s reality cooking >>>>> competition series, “Kids Baking Championship.”

“I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the >>>>> amazing ITK [in the kitchen] shows,” the 63-year-old star wrote on the >>>>> social media app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray’s show “30-Minute
    Meals,” Ina Garten of “Barefoot Contessa” fame, and “Giada at Home” star >>>>> Giada De Laurentiis specifically.

“I learned so much. It’s sad it’s not about cooking and learning any >>>>> longer. Oh well, that’s just business, folks.”

Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn >>>>> Schotland. She wrote, “I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork.
    Remember those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another >>>>> cooking competition show.”

It's been going downhill ever since they lost David Rosengarten, and TASTE.

I actually bought a VHS tape from them of his show on cooking prime rib.

--
    Let's go Brandon!

--
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ubiquitous@21:1/5 to anim8rfsk@cox.net on Mon Apr 22 04:30:42 2024

anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:
    anim8rfsk@cox.net wrote:

Valerie Bertinelli made some negative remarks about The Food Network >>>>>> several months after she was let go from the channel’s reality cooking >>>>>> competition series, “Kids Baking Championship.”

“I fell in love with Food Network two decades ago because of all the >>>>>> amazing ITK [in the kitchen] shows,” the 63-year-old star wrote on the >>>>>> social media app Threads, calling out Rachael Ray’s show “30-Minute >>>>>> Meals,” Ina Garten of “Barefoot Contessa” fame, and “Giada at Home” >>>>>> star Giada De Laurentiis specifically.

“I learned so much. It’s sad it’s not about cooking and learning any >>>>>> longer. Oh well, that’s just business, folks.”

Her comments came in response to a Thread by cookbook author Marlynn >>>>>> Schotland. She wrote, “I miss actual cooking shows on @foodnetwork. >>>>>> Remember those? Do you know what this world does NOT need? Yet another >>>>>> cooking competition show.”

It's been going downhill ever since they lost David Rosengarten, and TASTE. >>

I actually bought a VHS tape from them of his show on cooking prime rib.

Oooh!

--
    Let's go Brandon!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05