• InstaCart Delivery Guy Shoots and Kills One of Angie Harmon's Dogs

From BTR1701@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 2 04:54:01 2024
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13261563/Angie-Harmon-reveals-Instacart-driver-shot-KILLED-dogs.html

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one of her family's dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person over the Easter weekend. The 51-year-old former LAW & ORDER star revealed on Instagram on Monday that her dog Oliver had been killed by the delivery person after he dropped off groceries to their home in Charlotte, North Carolina.

"This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for InstaCart shot & killed
    our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet photos of the
    deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN shot our dog. Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then knew he wasn’t being recorded. The police let him go because he claimed self-defense. He did not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn. He was shopping under a woman's identity named Merle. He shot our dog with my daughters and myself at home and just kept saying, "Yeah, I shot your dog. Yeah, I did." We are completely traumatized and beyond devastated at the loss of our beloved
    boy and family member."

InstaCart responded to Harmon's claims with a statement to DailyMail.com:

"We were deeply saddened and disturbed to hear about this incident. We have no tolerance for violence of any kind and the shopper account was immediately suspended from our platform," it said. "We have been in direct contact with
    the customer and are cooperating with law enforcement on their
    investigation."

In an update from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department to TMZ, law enforcement officials confirmed that the InstaCart driver claimed he shot the dog in self-defense.

"The investigation revealed that a delivery driver arrived at the residence to deliver consumable goods. The driver told officers that a dog attacked him while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by firing a single gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog. Another dog was present at
    the residence but did not attack."

They added that the department's Animal Control division was also involved in the response to the shooting but the department confirmed that no charges had been filed against the driver at this time.

The police department added that it was not seeking out any other individuals in response to the shooting.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Adam H. Kerman@21:1/5 to atropos@mac.com on Tue Apr 2 05:21:49 2024
    BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13261563/Angie-Harmon-reveals-Instacart-driver-shot-KILLED-dogs.html

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one of her family's >dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person over the Easter >weekend. . . .

What a terrible story.

. . . He was shopping under a woman's identity named Merle. . . .

Uh, stupid question. Did the police attempt to learn if Merle is alive
    and unharmed?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From trotsky@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 2 04:52:35 2024
    On 4/1/24 11:54 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one of her family's dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person over the Easter weekend. The 51-year-old former LAW & ORDER star revealed on Instagram on Monday that her dog Oliver had been killed by the delivery person after he dropped off groceries to their home in Charlotte, North Carolina.

"This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for InstaCart shot & killed our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet photos of the deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN shot our dog. Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then knew he wasn’t
    being recorded. The police let him go because he claimed self-defense. He did not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn. He was shopping under a woman's identity named Merle. He shot our dog with my daughters and myself at home and just kept saying, "Yeah, I shot your dog. Yeah, I did." We are completely traumatized and beyond devastated at the loss of our beloved boy and family member."

"We were deeply saddened and disturbed to hear about this incident. We have no
    tolerance for violence of any kind and the shopper account was immediately suspended from our platform," it said. "We have been in direct contact with the customer and are cooperating with law enforcement on their investigation."

In an update from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department to TMZ, law enforcement officials confirmed that the InstaCart driver claimed he shot the dog in self-defense.

"The investigation revealed that a delivery driver arrived at the residence to
    deliver consumable goods. The driver told officers that a dog attacked him while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by firing a single gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog. Another dog was present at the residence but did not attack."

They added that the department's Animal Control division was also involved in the response to the shooting but the department confirmed that no charges had been filed against the driver at this time.

The police department added that it was not seeking out any other individuals in response to the shooting.

Maybe somebody will need to shoot the guy in self defense.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From super70s@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 2 05:50:09 2024
    On 2024-04-02 04:54:01 +0000, BTR1701 said:

He was shopping under a woman's identity named Merle.

I guess we're supposed to glean from this that any transgender person
    who shoots a dog couldn't be doing it in self-defense.

F--- dogs, especially aggressive ones and their masters who don't care
    enough to train them, and the horse they rode in on.

I will say Angie was always pretty hot though, at least in her prime years.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From shawn@21:1/5 to super70s@super70s.invalid on Tue Apr 2 10:56:43 2024
    On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 05:50:09 -0500, super70s
    <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

These women can still be quite fetching. I saw Jill Hennessy (CROSSING
    JORDAN) a few weeks back when I watched MADAME WEB and she still looks
    quite good as you can see in the bedroom scene (no nudity).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From danny burstein@21:1/5 to shawn on Tue Apr 2 15:59:47 2024
    In <n17o0jp8b2o51jliav3gkbc5adggk2aio8@4ax.com> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> writes:

[snip]

These women can still be quite fetching. I saw Jill Hennessy (CROSSING >JORDAN) a few weeks back when I watched MADAME WEB and she still looks
    quite good as you can see in the bedroom scene (no nudity).

So _you're_ the other person who saw Madame Web.

I sympathize with you....

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From shawn@21:1/5 to dannyb@panix.com on Tue Apr 2 12:12:27 2024
    On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:59:47 -0000 (UTC), danny burstein
    <dannyb@panix.com> wrote:

In <n17o0jp8b2o51jliav3gkbc5adggk2aio8@4ax.com> shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> writes:

[snip]

These women can still be quite fetching. I saw Jill Hennessy (CROSSING >>JORDAN) a few weeks back when I watched MADAME WEB and she still looks >>quite good as you can see in the bedroom scene (no nudity).

So _you're_ the other person who saw Madame Web.

I sympathize with you....

Yeah, I was shocked at how little emotion Dakota Johnson showed in
    this movie. She really was/is a one note actress. I thought she must
    have been doing a bit in the interview I saw with her where she again
    wasn't showing much emotion but then you see her doing the same thing
    in this movie in very different sorts of situations and realize that's
    just her.

Which makes you wonder how she got hired to be a lead actress. I
    realize she's pretty and has famous parents but don't
    producers/casting agents/ directors want someone that can emote? Maybe
    she had Covid and this is a new symptom of long Covid where it removes
    your sense of emotions?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Adam H. Kerman@21:1/5 to super70s@super70s.invalid on Wed Apr 3 03:03:40 2024
    super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

Fuck you, you asshole. He wasn't an InstaCart gig worker. She was. Merle
    was an actual woman, from reading that sentence without being an
    asshole. The sentence was about a guy working as a gig worker under a
    woman's identity.

If it were self defense, why was there no evidence that the dog attacked
    him? It didn't say why the dog was loose.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From shawn@21:1/5 to ahk@chinet.com on Tue Apr 2 23:23:35 2024
    On Wed, 3 Apr 2024 03:03:40 -0000 (UTC), "Adam H. Kerman"
    <ahk@chinet.com> wrote:

super70s <super70s@super70s.invalid> wrote:

Fuck you, you asshole. He wasn't an InstaCart gig worker. She was. Merle
    was an actual woman, from reading that sentence without being an
    asshole. The sentence was about a guy working as a gig worker under a
    woman's identity.

F--- dogs, especially aggressive ones and their masters who don't care >>enough to train them, and the horse they rode in on.

If it were self defense, why was there no evidence that the dog attacked
    him? It didn't say why the dog was loose.

It also doesn't explain why he shot one dog and not the other. As for
    them being loose they were inside a gated area so no need to keep them
    chained up. Without some evidence of the dog attacking him or it being
    known to attack others it does sound like he just decided to kill the
    dog for unexplained reason.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From anim8rfsk@21:1/5 to atropos@mac.com on Tue Apr 2 23:45:56 2024

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one of her family's
    dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person over the Easter weekend. The 51-year-old former LAW & ORDER star revealed on Instagram on Monday that her dog Oliver had been killed by the delivery person after he dropped off groceries to their home in Charlotte, North Carolina.

"This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for InstaCart shot & killed
    deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN shot our
    dog.
    Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then knew he
    wasn’t
    being recorded. The police let him go because he claimed self-defense. He
    did
    not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn. He was shopping under a woman's identity named Merle. He shot our dog with my daughters and myself at home and just kept saying, "Yeah, I shot your dog. Yeah, I did."
    We
    are completely traumatized and beyond devastated at the loss of our beloved
    boy and family member."

tolerance for violence of any kind and the shopper account was immediately suspended from our platform," it said. "We have been in direct contact with
    investigation."

In an update from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department to TMZ, law
    enforcement officials confirmed that the InstaCart driver claimed he shot
    the
    dog in self-defense.

deliver consumable goods. The driver told officers that a dog attacked him while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by firing a
    single
    gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog. Another dog was present at

They added that the department's Animal Control division was also involved in
    the response to the shooting but the department confirmed that no charges
    had
    been filed against the driver at this time.

The police department added that it was not seeking out any other individuals
    in response to the shooting.

I’ve looked at the postings online and have some questions.

Ring doorbells are rechargeable? You can just stick them up to the front of
    the house and move them in and out? How come they don’t get stolen all the time?

The groceries delivered Were a very small package left at the front door. I thought from the story presented he/she/it must’ve come inside to see that her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how he/she/it knew.

Ring is currently heavily advertising that every big moment in your life happens on your front porch and is captured by your ring doorbell video
    which is just galactically stupid but will they continue this campaign?

I wonder what Instacart and the local police policy is on Instacart,
    drivers carrying weapons, potentially concealed?

They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples homes and steals their animals and kills them because they don’t think animals should be
    pets and it’s just a small fine.

--
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From shawn@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 3 04:38:22 2024
    On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 23:45:56 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
    wrote:

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one of her family's
    dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person over the Easter >weekend. The 51-year-old former LAW & ORDER star revealed on Instagram on >Monday that her dog Oliver had been killed by the delivery person after he >dropped off groceries to their home in Charlotte, North Carolina.

"This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for InstaCart shot & killed >our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet photos of the >deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN shot our
    dog.
    Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then knew he >wasn’t
    being recorded. The police let him go because he claimed self-defense. He
    did
    not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn. He was shopping >under a woman's identity named Merle. He shot our dog with my daughters and >myself at home and just kept saying, "Yeah, I shot your dog. Yeah, I did."
    We
    are completely traumatized and beyond devastated at the loss of our beloved >boy and family member."

tolerance for violence of any kind and the shopper account was immediately >suspended from our platform," it said. "We have been in direct contact with >the customer and are cooperating with law enforcement on their >investigation."

In an update from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department to TMZ, law >enforcement officials confirmed that the InstaCart driver claimed he shot
    the
    dog in self-defense.

deliver consumable goods. The driver told officers that a dog attacked him >while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by firing a
    single
    gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog. Another dog was present at >the residence but did not attack."

They added that the department's Animal Control division was also involved in
    the response to the shooting but the department confirmed that no charges
    had

The police department added that it was not seeking out any other individuals

Ring doorbells are rechargeable? You can just stick them up to the front of >the house and move them in and out? How come they don’t get stolen all the >time?

Yeah, that has to be the case because most of them (all that I see
    around here) are just stuck to the door so there's no power
    connection. I haven't checked but assumed that the ring is locked to
    the case until you use the app to unlock the ring device.

The groceries delivered Were a very small package left at the front door. I >thought from the story presented he/she/it must’ve come inside to see that >her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how he/she/it knew.

I assume the actual device was missing (since it was inside
    recharging) so the easier way to put it is that the driver saw that
    there was no camera. He may not even have known they had a Ring device
    unless he delivered items there before.

Ring is currently heavily advertising that every big moment in your life >happens on your front porch and is captured by your ring doorbell video

My guess is just the what ever the local laws are.

They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples homes and steals >their animals and kills them because they don’t think animals should be >pets and it’s just a small fine.

Yeah, without a video of what the guy did I don't expect anything to
    happen to him.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From moviePig@21:1/5 to FPP on Wed Apr 3 14:22:52 2024
    On 4/3/2024 5:59 AM, FPP wrote:
    On 4/3/24 4:38 AM, shawn wrote:
    wrote:

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one of her
    family's
    dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person over the Easter >>> weekend. The 51-year-old former LAW & ORDER star revealed on
    Instagram on
    Monday that her dog Oliver had been killed by the delivery person
    after he
    dropped off groceries to their home in Charlotte, North Carolina.

"This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for InstaCart shot &
    killed
    deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN shot our >>> dog.
    Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then knew he
    wasn’t
    being recorded. The police let him go because he claimed
    self-defense. He
    did
    not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn. He was
    shopping
    under a woman's identity named Merle. He shot our dog with my
    daughters and
    myself at home and just kept saying, "Yeah, I shot your dog. Yeah, I
    did."
    We
    are completely traumatized and beyond devastated at the loss of our
    beloved
    boy and family member."

InstaCart responded to Harmon's claims with a statement to
    DailyMail.com:

"We were deeply saddened and disturbed to hear about this incident.
    We have no
    tolerance for violence of any kind and the shopper account was
    immediately
    suspended from our platform," it said. "We have been in direct
    contact with
    investigation."

In an update from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department to
    TMZ, law
    enforcement officials confirmed that the InstaCart driver claimed he
    shot
    the
    dog in self-defense.

"The investigation revealed that a delivery driver arrived at the
    residence to
    deliver consumable goods. The driver told officers that a dog
    attacked him
    while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by firing a
    single
    gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog. Another dog was
    present at

They added that the department's Animal Control division was also
    involved in
    the response to the shooting but the department confirmed that no
    charges
    had

The police department added that it was not seeking out any other
    individuals

Ring doorbells are rechargeable? You can just stick them up to the
    front of
    the house and move them in and out? How come they don’t get stolen
    all the
    time?

The groceries delivered Were a very small package left at the front
    door. I
    thought from the story presented he/she/it must’ve come inside to see
    that
    her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how he/she/it knew.

Ring is currently heavily advertising that every big moment in your life >>> happens on your front porch and is captured by your ring doorbell video

They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples homes and
    steals
    their animals and kills them because they don’t think animals should be >>> pets and it’s just a small fine.

happen to him.

You're kidding, right?  Without him having proof of self defense, he's
    going to get his ass sued off.

As far as criminal charges go, that'll depend on what, if anything, he's charged with - as well as his past record, if he has one.

I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog with zero provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want to either.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From danny burstein@21:1/5 to moviePig on Wed Apr 3 18:31:53 2024
    In <17c2d83f594a4d02$139916$3265$48d50260@news.newsdemon.com> moviePig <never@nothere.com> writes:

[snip]

I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog with zero >provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want to either.

I do want to believe there are people who'd shoot Usenet posters
    who copy over a half dozen screen fulls just to add a single line
    comment at the end.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From anim8rfsk@21:1/5 to moviePig on Wed Apr 3 13:01:44 2024
    moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:
    wrote:

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one of her >>>>> family's
    dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person over the Easter >>>> weekend. The 51-year-old former LAW & ORDER star revealed on
    Instagram on
    after he

"This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for InstaCart shot & >>>>> killed
    our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet photos of the >>>> deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN shot our >>>> dog.
    Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then knew he >>>> wasn’t
    self-defense. He
    did
    shopping
    daughters and
    did."
    We
    beloved
    boy and family member."

DailyMail.com:

We have no
    immediately
    contact with
    investigation."

TMZ, law
    shot
    the
    dog in self-defense.

residence to
    attacked him
    while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by firing a >>>> single
    present at

involved in
    charges
    had

individuals

front of
    all the
    time?

door. I
    thought from the story presented he/she/it must’ve come inside to see >>>> that
    her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how he/she/it knew. >>>

Ring is currently heavily advertising that every big moment in your life >>>> happens on your front porch and is captured by your ring doorbell video >>>> which is just galactically stupid but will they continue this campaign? >>>>

steals
    their animals and kills them because they don’t think animals should be >>>> pets and it’s just a small fine.

happen to him.

As far as criminal charges go, that'll depend on what, if anything, he's
    charged with - as well as his past record, if he has one.

I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog with zero provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want to either.

PETA would.

--
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From trotsky@21:1/5 to moviePig on Thu Apr 4 05:08:59 2024
    On 4/3/24 1:22 PM, moviePig wrote:
    wrote:

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one of
    her family's
    dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person over the
    Easter
    weekend. The 51-year-old former LAW & ORDER star revealed on
    Instagram on
    after he

"This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for InstaCart shot
    & killed
    our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet photos of the >>>> deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN shot
    our
    dog.
    Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then knew he >>>> wasn’t
    self-defense. He
    did
    shopping
    daughters and
    did."
    We
    beloved
    boy and family member."

DailyMail.com:

We have no
    immediately
    contact with
    investigation."

TMZ, law
    shot
    the
    dog in self-defense.

residence to
    attacked him
    while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by firing a >>>> single
    present at

involved in
    charges
    had

individuals

front of
    all the
    time?

door. I
    thought from the story presented he/she/it must’ve come inside to
    see that
    her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how he/she/it knew. >>>

Ring is currently heavily advertising that every big moment in your
    life
    happens on your front porch and is captured by your ring doorbell video >>>> which is just galactically stupid but will they continue this campaign? >>>>

steals
    their animals and kills them because they don’t think animals should be >>>> pets and it’s just a small fine.

happen to him.

As far as criminal charges go, that'll depend on what, if anything,
    he's charged with - as well as his past record, if he has one.

You're confused. Try "not enough provocation." A dog growling isn't
    reason to execute it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From moviePig@21:1/5 to trotsky on Thu Apr 4 11:28:12 2024
    On 4/4/2024 6:08 AM, trotsky wrote:
    wrote:

her family's
    Easter
    Instagram on
    after he

"This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for InstaCart shot >>>>>> & killed
    our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet photos of the >>>>> deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN
    shot our
    dog.
    Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then knew he >>>>> wasn’t
    self-defense. He
    did
    shopping
    daughters and
    myself at home and just kept saying, "Yeah, I shot your dog. Yeah,
    I did."
    We
    beloved
    boy and family member."

DailyMail.com:

"We were deeply saddened and disturbed to hear about this
    incident. We have no
    immediately
    contact with
    investigation."

TMZ, law
    enforcement officials confirmed that the InstaCart driver claimed
    he shot
    the
    dog in self-defense.

residence to
    attacked him
    while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by firing a >>>>> single
    present at

involved in
    charges
    had

individuals

front of
    the house and move them in and out? How come they don’t get stolen >>>>> all the
    time?

door. I
    see that
    her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how he/she/it knew. >>>>
    there was no camera. He may not even have known they had a Ring device >>>> unless he delivered items there before.

life
    happens on your front porch and is captured by your ring doorbell
    video
    which is just galactically stupid but will they continue this
    campaign?

I wonder what Instacart and the local police policy is on Instacart, >>>>> drivers carrying weapons, potentially concealed?

They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples homes and >>>>> steals
    their animals and kills them because they don’t think animals
    should be

happen to him.

You're kidding, right?  Without him having proof of self defense,
    he's going to get his ass sued off.

I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog with zero
    provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want to either.

You're confused.  Try "not enough provocation."  A dog growling isn't reason to execute it.

"Not enough" is much more subjective than "zero".

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From moviePig@21:1/5 to FPP on Thu Apr 4 11:31:49 2024
    On 4/4/2024 6:51 AM, FPP wrote:
    On 4/3/24 2:22 PM, moviePig wrote:
    wrote:

her family's
    Easter
    Instagram on
    after he

"This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for InstaCart shot >>>>>> & killed
    our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet photos of the >>>>> deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN
    shot our
    dog.
    Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then knew he >>>>> wasn’t
    self-defense. He
    did
    shopping
    daughters and
    myself at home and just kept saying, "Yeah, I shot your dog. Yeah,
    I did."
    We
    beloved
    boy and family member."

DailyMail.com:

incident. We have no
    immediately
    contact with
    investigation."

TMZ, law
    he shot
    the
    dog in self-defense.

residence to
    attacked him
    while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by firing a >>>>> single
    present at

involved in
    charges
    had

individuals

front of
    the house and move them in and out? How come they don’t get stolen >>>>> all the
    time?

door. I
    see that
    her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how he/she/it knew. >>>>
    there was no camera. He may not even have known they had a Ring device >>>> unless he delivered items there before.

life
    video
    campaign?

I wonder what Instacart and the local police policy is on Instacart, >>>>> drivers carrying weapons, potentially concealed?

They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples homes and >>>>> steals
    should be

happen to him.

Wow, pig.  So you've never been on a jury before, have you?

No, I fail the voir dire. But in this instance it's the word of the
    victim and only witness against the owners' speculative "certainty".

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dimensional Traveler@21:1/5 to moviePig on Thu Apr 4 18:09:01 2024
    On 4/4/2024 8:28 AM, moviePig wrote:
    wrote:

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one of >>>>>>> her family's
    Easter
    Instagram on
    after he
    dropped off groceries to their home in Charlotte, North Carolina. >>>>>>>
    "This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for InstaCart
    shot & killed
    our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet photos of >>>>>> the
    deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN
    shot our
    dog.
    Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then
    knew he
    wasn’t
    self-defense. He
    did
    shopping
    daughters and
    myself at home and just kept saying, "Yeah, I shot your dog. Yeah, >>>>>> I did."
    We
    are completely traumatized and beyond devastated at the loss of
    our beloved
    boy and family member."

DailyMail.com:

incident. We have no
    immediately
    contact with
    investigation."

In an update from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department to >>>>>>> TMZ, law
    he shot
    the
    dog in self-defense.

"The investigation revealed that a delivery driver arrived at the >>>>>>> residence to
    attacked him
    while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by
    firing a
    single
    present at

They added that the department's Animal Control division was also >>>>>>> involved in
    charges
    had

The police department added that it was not seeking out any other >>>>>>> individuals

Ring doorbells are rechargeable? You can just stick them up to the >>>>>> front of
    the house and move them in and out? How come they don’t get stolen >>>>>> all the
    time?

connection. I haven't checked but assumed that the ring is locked to >>>>> the case until you use the app to unlock the ring device.

The groceries delivered Were a very small package left at the
    front door. I
    thought from the story presented he/she/it must’ve come inside to >>>>>> see that
    her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how he/she/it knew. >>>>>
    there was no camera. He may not even have known they had a Ring device >>>>> unless he delivered items there before.

Ring is currently heavily advertising that every big moment in
    your life
    video
    campaign?

I wonder what Instacart and the local police policy is on Instacart, >>>>>> drivers carrying weapons, potentially concealed?

They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples homes
    and steals
    should be

Yeah, without a video of what the guy did I don't expect anything to >>>>> happen to him.

You're confused.  Try "not enough provocation."  A dog growling isn't
    reason to execute it.

I have the feeling the dog was walking up to the InstaCart person
    looking for a scritch or petting.

--
    I've done good in this world. Now I'm tired and just want to be a cranky
    dirty old man.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From moviePig@21:1/5 to FPP on Thu Apr 4 22:53:27 2024
    On 4/4/2024 8:06 PM, FPP wrote:
    On 4/4/24 11:31 AM, moviePig wrote:
    wrote:

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one of >>>>>>>> her family's
    dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person over the >>>>>>> Easter
    Instagram on
    Monday that her dog Oliver had been killed by the delivery person >>>>>>> after he
    dropped off groceries to their home in Charlotte, North Carolina. >>>>>>>>
    shot & killed
    our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet photos
    of the
    shot our
    dog.
    knew he
    wasn’t
    self-defense. He
    did
    not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn. He was >>>>>>> shopping
    daughters and
    myself at home and just kept saying, "Yeah, I shot your dog.
    Yeah, I did."
    We
    our beloved
    boy and family member."

DailyMail.com:

incident. We have no
    immediately
    contact with
    investigation."

In an update from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department to >>>>>>>> TMZ, law
    enforcement officials confirmed that the InstaCart driver claimed >>>>>>> he shot
    the
    dog in self-defense.

"The investigation revealed that a delivery driver arrived at
    the residence to
    attacked him
    firing a
    single
    gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog. Another dog was >>>>>>> present at

They added that the department's Animal Control division was
    also involved in
    the response to the shooting but the department confirmed that no >>>>>>> charges
    had

The police department added that it was not seeking out any
    other individuals

Ring doorbells are rechargeable? You can just stick them up to
    the front of
    the house and move them in and out? How come they don’t get
    stolen all the
    time?

Yeah, that has to be the case because most of them (all that I see >>>>>> around here) are just stuck to the door so there's no power
    connection. I haven't checked but assumed that the ring is locked to >>>>>> the case until you use the app to unlock the ring device.

front door. I
    thought from the story presented he/she/it must’ve come inside to >>>>>>> see that
    her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how he/she/it >>>>>>> knew.

recharging) so the easier way to put it is that the driver saw that >>>>>> there was no camera. He may not even have known they had a Ring
    device

your life
    happens on your front porch and is captured by your ring doorbell >>>>>>> video
    campaign?

I wonder what Instacart and the local police policy is on Instacart, >>>>>>> drivers carrying weapons, potentially concealed?

They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples homes >>>>>>> and steals
    should be

Yeah, without a video of what the guy did I don't expect anything to >>>>>> happen to him.

No, I fail the voir dire.  But in this instance it's the word of the

The guy doing the shooting is the one who needs to show his reason for shooting in the first place.

You don't want to believe that people treat animals badly?  Do you live under a rock?

I couldn't convict the guy based simply on my angry suspicions.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From moviePig@21:1/5 to Dimensional Traveler on Thu Apr 4 22:51:36 2024
    On 4/4/2024 9:09 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
    wrote:

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one of >>>>>>>> her family's
    dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person over the >>>>>>> Easter
    Instagram on
    Monday that her dog Oliver had been killed by the delivery person >>>>>>> after he
    dropped off groceries to their home in Charlotte, North Carolina. >>>>>>>>
    shot & killed
    our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet photos
    of the
    shot our
    dog.
    knew he
    wasn’t
    self-defense. He
    did
    not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn. He was >>>>>>> shopping
    daughters and
    Yeah, I did."
    We
    our beloved
    boy and family member."

DailyMail.com:

incident. We have no
    immediately
    contact with
    investigation."

In an update from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department to >>>>>>>> TMZ, law
    enforcement officials confirmed that the InstaCart driver claimed >>>>>>> he shot
    the
    dog in self-defense.

"The investigation revealed that a delivery driver arrived at
    the residence to
    attacked him
    firing a
    single
    gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog. Another dog was >>>>>>> present at

They added that the department's Animal Control division was
    also involved in
    the response to the shooting but the department confirmed that no >>>>>>> charges
    had

other individuals

Ring doorbells are rechargeable? You can just stick them up to
    the front of
    stolen all the
    time?

Yeah, that has to be the case because most of them (all that I see >>>>>> around here) are just stuck to the door so there's no power
    connection. I haven't checked but assumed that the ring is locked to >>>>>> the case until you use the app to unlock the ring device.

front door. I
    thought from the story presented he/she/it must’ve come inside to >>>>>>> see that
    her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how he/she/it >>>>>>> knew.

recharging) so the easier way to put it is that the driver saw that >>>>>> there was no camera. He may not even have known they had a Ring
    device

your life
    happens on your front porch and is captured by your ring doorbell >>>>>>> video
    campaign?

I wonder what Instacart and the local police policy is on Instacart, >>>>>>> drivers carrying weapons, potentially concealed?

They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples homes >>>>>>> and steals
    should be

Yeah, without a video of what the guy did I don't expect anything to >>>>>> happen to him.

reason to execute it.

Frankly, I do too. Otoh, my personal bias is that any grownup should be willing to endure some minor mauling rather than to open fire.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From shawn@21:1/5 to moviePig on Fri Apr 5 00:30:11 2024
    On Thu, 4 Apr 2024 22:51:36 -0400, moviePig <never@nothere.com> wrote:

On 4/4/2024 9:09 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
    On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 23:45:56 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> >>>>>>> wrote:

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one of >>>>>>>>> her family's
    dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person over the >>>>>>>> Easter
    Instagram on
    Monday that her dog Oliver had been killed by the delivery person >>>>>>>> after he
    dropped off groceries to their home in Charlotte, North Carolina. >>>>>>>>>
    "This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for InstaCart >>>>>>>>> shot & killed
    our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet photos >>>>>>>> of the
    deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN >>>>>>>> shot our
    dog.
    Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then >>>>>>>> knew he
    wasn’t
    self-defense. He
    did
    not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn. He was >>>>>>>> shopping
    daughters and
    Yeah, I did."
    We
    are completely traumatized and beyond devastated at the loss of >>>>>>>> our beloved
    boy and family member."

DailyMail.com:

incident. We have no
    tolerance for violence of any kind and the shopper account was >>>>>>>> immediately
    suspended from our platform," it said. "We have been in direct >>>>>>>> contact with
    the customer and are cooperating with law enforcement on their >>>>>>>> investigation."

In an update from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department to >>>>>>>>> TMZ, law
    enforcement officials confirmed that the InstaCart driver claimed >>>>>>>> he shot
    the
    dog in self-defense.

"The investigation revealed that a delivery driver arrived at >>>>>>>>> the residence to
    attacked him
    firing a
    single
    gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog. Another dog was >>>>>>>> present at

They added that the department's Animal Control division was >>>>>>>>> also involved in
    the response to the shooting but the department confirmed that no >>>>>>>> charges
    had

other individuals

Ring doorbells are rechargeable? You can just stick them up to >>>>>>>> the front of
    stolen all the
    time?

Yeah, that has to be the case because most of them (all that I see >>>>>>> around here) are just stuck to the door so there's no power
    connection. I haven't checked but assumed that the ring is locked to >>>>>>> the case until you use the app to unlock the ring device.

front door. I
    thought from the story presented he/she/it must’ve come inside to >>>>>>>> see that
    her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how he/she/it >>>>>>>> knew.

recharging) so the easier way to put it is that the driver saw that >>>>>>> there was no camera. He may not even have known they had a Ring
    device

Ring is currently heavily advertising that every big moment in >>>>>>>> your life
    happens on your front porch and is captured by your ring doorbell >>>>>>>> video
    campaign?

I wonder what Instacart and the local police policy is on Instacart, >>>>>>>> drivers carrying weapons, potentially concealed?

They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples homes >>>>>>>> and steals
    their animals and kills them because they don’t think animals >>>>>>>> should be

Yeah, without a video of what the guy did I don't expect anything to >>>>>>> happen to him.

You're kidding, right?  Without him having proof of self defense, >>>>>> he's going to get his ass sued off.

As far as criminal charges go, that'll depend on what, if anything, >>>>>> he's charged with - as well as his past record, if he has one.

I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog with zero >>>>> provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want to either.

You're confused.  Try "not enough provocation."  A dog growling isn't >>>> reason to execute it.

Frankly, I do too. Otoh, my personal bias is that any grownup should be >willing to endure some minor mauling rather than to open fire.

The sad thing is you can't always tell what the dog is going to do. I
    run into dogs being walked by their owners all the time and most dogs
    are just happy to see anyone but I've run into a few who seemed like
    they wanted some attention as they came over to me as I was walking by
    but clearly didn't actually want to be touched. That's taught me to
    always be cautious when going to pet a dog even though the owner is
    right there so I'll keep my fingers closed in my hand just in case the
    dog wants to take a nip.

That said I can't imagine why the guy is running around with a gun. If
    he's just worried about pets attacking him a gun is massive overkill
    when something like pepper spray would do the job and not cause
    permanent harm or death.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Adam H. Kerman@21:1/5 to shawn on Fri Apr 5 05:29:55 2024
    shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

. . .

The sad thing is you can't always tell what the dog is going to do.

You pay attention to the dog's ears, his head position, and his tail.
    They make it quite clear. Also, dogs pay attention TO YOU, so show
    leadership by standing tall with a proper stride. Don't approach the dog
    in a way he might feel threatened, like with your from above trying to
    pet the top of his head. If he's willing to be petted, he'll let you but
    do it from below eye level on his chest.

Some dogs, like herding dogs, might be aggressive with their mouths,
    like grabbing wrists or ankles, but that's trying to dominate and not
    trying to kill. A dog that attacks the neck or face is quite dangerous.

I run into dogs being walked by their owners all the time and most dogs
    dog wants to take a nip.

Right. NEVER offer dog a finger.

permanent harm or death.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dimensional Traveler@21:1/5 to Adam H. Kerman on Fri Apr 5 01:55:14 2024
    On 4/4/2024 10:29 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

. . .

leadership by standing tall with a proper stride. Don't approach the dog

I run into dogs being walked by their owners all the time and most dogs
    dog wants to take a nip.

Generally you want to put your hand out, back of the hand towards the
    dog so it can smell you and let it come to you if it wants to be
    friendly. Don't make a fist, dogs are smart enough to recognize that as
    being aggressive.

permanent harm or death.

If he's worried about being attacked by dogs he's in the wrong job.

--
    dirty old man.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From trotsky@21:1/5 to moviePig on Fri Apr 5 04:31:43 2024
    On 4/4/24 10:28 AM, moviePig wrote:
    wrote:

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one of >>>>>>> her family's
    Easter
    Instagram on
    after he
    dropped off groceries to their home in Charlotte, North Carolina. >>>>>>>
    shot & killed
    our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet photos of >>>>>> the
    shot our
    dog.
    knew he
    wasn’t
    self-defense. He
    did
    shopping
    daughters and
    myself at home and just kept saying, "Yeah, I shot your dog. Yeah, >>>>>> I did."
    We
    our beloved
    boy and family member."

DailyMail.com:

incident. We have no
    immediately
    contact with
    investigation."

In an update from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department to >>>>>>> TMZ, law
    he shot
    the
    dog in self-defense.

"The investigation revealed that a delivery driver arrived at the >>>>>>> residence to
    attacked him
    firing a
    single
    present at

They added that the department's Animal Control division was also >>>>>>> involved in
    charges
    had

The police department added that it was not seeking out any other >>>>>>> individuals

Ring doorbells are rechargeable? You can just stick them up to the >>>>>> front of
    the house and move them in and out? How come they don’t get stolen >>>>>> all the
    time?

connection. I haven't checked but assumed that the ring is locked to >>>>> the case until you use the app to unlock the ring device.

front door. I
    thought from the story presented he/she/it must’ve come inside to >>>>>> see that
    her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how he/she/it knew. >>>>>
    there was no camera. He may not even have known they had a Ring device >>>>> unless he delivered items there before.

your life
    video
    campaign?

I wonder what Instacart and the local police policy is on Instacart, >>>>>> drivers carrying weapons, potentially concealed?

They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples homes
    and steals
    should be

Yeah, without a video of what the guy did I don't expect anything to >>>>> happen to him.

reason to execute it.

Is a dog growling zero provaction? How about sticking to the real
    world? If the guy shot a dog that wasn't even taking notice of him then there's mental illness to consider. Life is complicated.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Adam H. Kerman@21:1/5 to Dimensional Traveler on Fri Apr 5 18:05:45 2024
    Dimensional Traveler <dtravel@sonic.net> wrote:

. . .

They make it quite clear. Also, dogs pay attention TO YOU, so show >>leadership by standing tall with a proper stride. Don't approach the dog

like grabbing wrists or ankles, but that's trying to dominate and not >>trying to kill. A dog that attacks the neck or face is quite dangerous.

I run into dogs being walked by their owners all the time and most dogs >>>are just happy to see anyone but I've run into a few who seemed like
    they wanted some attention as they came over to me as I was walking by >>>but clearly didn't actually want to be touched. That's taught me to >>>always be cautious when going to pet a dog even though the owner is
    right there so I'll keep my fingers closed in my hand just in case the >>>dog wants to take a nip.

friendly. Don't make a fist, dogs are smart enough to recognize that as >being aggressive.

Yes.

Barbara Woodhouse was against letting the dog sniff the back of the hand approaching from the front, as that's not enough for the dog not to
    perceive a threat. She recommended approaching from the side as the dog
    can get a better look at you. As their eyes are on either side of their
    snouts, they never look straight ahead with both eyes, something people
    fail to understand.

. . .

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From moviePig@21:1/5 to Adam H. Kerman on Fri Apr 5 16:23:40 2024
    On 4/5/2024 2:05 PM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:

. . .

leadership by standing tall with a proper stride. Don't approach the dog >>> in a way he might feel threatened, like with your from above trying to
    pet the top of his head. If he's willing to be petted, he'll let you but >>> do it from below eye level on his chest.

I run into dogs being walked by their owners all the time and most dogs >>>> are just happy to see anyone but I've run into a few who seemed like
    they wanted some attention as they came over to me as I was walking by >>>> but clearly didn't actually want to be touched. That's taught me to
    right there so I'll keep my fingers closed in my hand just in case the >>>> dog wants to take a nip.

friendly. Don't make a fist, dogs are smart enough to recognize that as
    being aggressive.

Yes.

Barbara Woodhouse was against letting the dog sniff the back of the hand approaching from the front, as that's not enough for the dog not to
    can get a better look at you. As their eyes are on either side of their snouts, they never look straight ahead with both eyes, something people
    fail to understand.

. . .

If they don't look straight ahead with both eyes, then they don't see
    parallax 3D ...which I'm not prepared to accept, particularly since my
    dog watches me intently with both eyes, face-on.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From moviePig@21:1/5 to FPP on Fri Apr 5 16:15:50 2024
    On 4/5/2024 9:37 AM, FPP wrote:
    On 4/4/24 10:53 PM, moviePig wrote:
    On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 23:45:56 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> >>>>>>>> wrote:

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that one >>>>>>>>>> of her family's
    dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person over >>>>>>>>> the Easter
    weekend. The 51-year-old former LAW & ORDER star revealed on >>>>>>>>> Instagram on
    Monday that her dog Oliver had been killed by the delivery
    person after he
    dropped off groceries to their home in Charlotte, North Carolina. >>>>>>>>>>
    "This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for InstaCart >>>>>>>>>> shot & killed
    our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet photos >>>>>>>>> of the
    deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & THEN >>>>>>>>> shot our
    dog.
    Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & then >>>>>>>>> knew he
    wasn’t
    self-defense. He
    did
    not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn. He >>>>>>>>> was shopping
    under a woman's identity named Merle. He shot our dog with my >>>>>>>>> daughters and
    myself at home and just kept saying, "Yeah, I shot your dog. >>>>>>>>> Yeah, I did."
    We
    are completely traumatized and beyond devastated at the loss of >>>>>>>>> our beloved
    boy and family member."

InstaCart responded to Harmon's claims with a statement to >>>>>>>>>> DailyMail.com:

incident. We have no
    tolerance for violence of any kind and the shopper account was >>>>>>>>> immediately
    suspended from our platform," it said. "We have been in direct >>>>>>>>> contact with
    the customer and are cooperating with law enforcement on their >>>>>>>>> investigation."

In an update from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department >>>>>>>>>> to TMZ, law
    enforcement officials confirmed that the InstaCart driver
    claimed he shot
    the
    dog in self-defense.

"The investigation revealed that a delivery driver arrived at >>>>>>>>>> the residence to
    deliver consumable goods. The driver told officers that a dog >>>>>>>>> attacked him
    while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by >>>>>>>>> firing a
    single
    gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog. Another dog >>>>>>>>> was present at

They added that the department's Animal Control division was >>>>>>>>>> also involved in
    the response to the shooting but the department confirmed that >>>>>>>>> no charges
    had

The police department added that it was not seeking out any >>>>>>>>>> other individuals

I’ve looked at the postings online and have some questions. >>>>>>>>>
    Ring doorbells are rechargeable? You can just stick them up to >>>>>>>>> the front of
    the house and move them in and out? How come they don’t get >>>>>>>>> stolen all the
    time?

Yeah, that has to be the case because most of them (all that I see >>>>>>>> around here) are just stuck to the door so there's no power
    connection. I haven't checked but assumed that the ring is
    locked to

The groceries delivered Were a very small package left at the >>>>>>>>> front door. I
    thought from the story presented he/she/it must’ve come inside >>>>>>>>> to see that
    her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how he/she/it >>>>>>>>> knew.

recharging) so the easier way to put it is that the driver saw that >>>>>>>> there was no camera. He may not even have known they had a Ring >>>>>>>> device

Ring is currently heavily advertising that every big moment in >>>>>>>>> your life
    happens on your front porch and is captured by your ring
    doorbell video
    which is just galactically stupid but will they continue this >>>>>>>>> campaign?

I wonder what Instacart and the local police policy is on
    Instacart,

They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples homes >>>>>>>>> and steals
    their animals and kills them because they don’t think animals >>>>>>>>> should be

Yeah, without a video of what the guy did I don't expect
    anything to
    happen to him.

You're kidding, right?  Without him having proof of self defense, >>>>>>> he's going to get his ass sued off.

As far as criminal charges go, that'll depend on what, if
    anything, he's charged with - as well as his past record, if he
    has one.

I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog with
    zero provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want to either. >>>>>

No, I fail the voir dire.  But in this instance it's the word of the

The guy doing the shooting is the one who needs to show his reason
    for shooting in the first place.

You don't want to believe that people treat animals badly?  Do you
    live under a rock?

What provocation justifies killing an animal?  Because unless there was
    some kind of justification, he shot a dog in the dog's own home.

You condone abusing animals that haven't done anything to warrant it?

In this instance, it seems to be a question of evidence, and there's
    only the victim's. It'd take a helluva lot of testimony about past
    behavior -- probably about both victim and dog -- to outweigh that.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dimensional Traveler@21:1/5 to moviePig on Fri Apr 5 18:21:49 2024
    On 4/5/2024 1:23 PM, moviePig wrote:

. . .

leadership by standing tall with a proper stride. Don't approach the
    dog
    in a way he might feel threatened, like with your from above trying to >>>> pet the top of his head. If he's willing to be petted, he'll let you
    but

I run into dogs being walked by their owners all the time and most
    dogs
    are just happy to see anyone but I've run into a few who seemed like >>>>> they wanted some attention as they came over to me as I was walking by >>>>> but clearly didn't actually want to be touched. That's taught me to
    right there so I'll keep my fingers closed in my hand just in case the >>>>> dog wants to take a nip.

friendly.  Don't make a fist, dogs are smart enough to recognize that as >>> being aggressive.

Yes.

Barbara Woodhouse was against letting the dog sniff the back of the hand
    approaching from the front, as that's not enough for the dog not to
    fail to understand.

. . .

If they don't look straight ahead with both eyes, then they don't see parallax 3D ...which I'm not prepared to accept, particularly since my

And dogs are predators. Predators tend to have eyes in front to focus
    on prey. Prey tends to have eyes on the sides to see predators coming.

In any event, I grew up with dogs. Almost all dobermans and rottweilers
    (which are NOT the instinctive rabid killer attack dogs everyone thinks
    they are). Crouching down a couple feet away and holding my hand out
    for the dog to approach works 99% of the time in my experience and the
    1% are dogs that no approach is going to work with.

--
    dirty old man.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From moviePig@21:1/5 to FPP on Tue Apr 9 11:32:52 2024
    On 4/9/2024 9:17 AM, FPP wrote:
    On 4/5/24 4:15 PM, moviePig wrote:
    On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 23:45:56 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> >>>>>>>>>> wrote:

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that >>>>>>>>>>>> one of her family's
    dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person over >>>>>>>>>>> the Easter
    weekend. The 51-year-old former LAW & ORDER star revealed on >>>>>>>>>>> Instagram on
    Monday that her dog Oliver had been killed by the delivery >>>>>>>>>>> person after he
    dropped off groceries to their home in Charlotte, North
    Carolina.

"This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for
    InstaCart shot & killed
    our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet >>>>>>>>>>> photos of the
    deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & >>>>>>>>>>> THEN shot our
    dog.
    Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & >>>>>>>>>>> then knew he
    wasn’t
    being recorded. The police let him go because he claimed >>>>>>>>>>> self-defense. He
    did
    not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn. He >>>>>>>>>>> was shopping
    under a woman's identity named Merle. He shot our dog with my >>>>>>>>>>> daughters and
    myself at home and just kept saying, "Yeah, I shot your dog. >>>>>>>>>>> Yeah, I did."
    We
    are completely traumatized and beyond devastated at the loss >>>>>>>>>>> of our beloved
    boy and family member."

InstaCart responded to Harmon's claims with a statement to >>>>>>>>>>>> DailyMail.com:

"We were deeply saddened and disturbed to hear about this >>>>>>>>>>>> incident. We have no
    tolerance for violence of any kind and the shopper account >>>>>>>>>>> was immediately
    suspended from our platform," it said. "We have been in
    direct contact with
    the customer and are cooperating with law enforcement on their >>>>>>>>>>> investigation."

In an update from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police
    Department to TMZ, law
    enforcement officials confirmed that the InstaCart driver >>>>>>>>>>> claimed he shot
    the
    dog in self-defense.

"The investigation revealed that a delivery driver arrived >>>>>>>>>>>> at the residence to
    deliver consumable goods. The driver told officers that a dog >>>>>>>>>>> attacked him
    while he was at the residence and that he defended himself by >>>>>>>>>>> firing a
    single
    gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog. Another dog >>>>>>>>>>> was present at

They added that the department's Animal Control division was >>>>>>>>>>>> also involved in
    the response to the shooting but the department confirmed >>>>>>>>>>> that no charges
    had

The police department added that it was not seeking out any >>>>>>>>>>>> other individuals

I’ve looked at the postings online and have some questions. >>>>>>>>>>>
    Ring doorbells are rechargeable? You can just stick them up >>>>>>>>>>> to the front of
    the house and move them in and out? How come they don’t get >>>>>>>>>>> stolen all the
    time?

Yeah, that has to be the case because most of them (all that I >>>>>>>>>> see
    around here) are just stuck to the door so there's no power >>>>>>>>>> connection. I haven't checked but assumed that the ring is >>>>>>>>>> locked to

The groceries delivered Were a very small package left at the >>>>>>>>>>> front door. I
    thought from the story presented he/she/it must’ve come >>>>>>>>>>> inside to see that
    her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how
    he/she/it knew.

I assume the actual device was missing (since it was inside >>>>>>>>>> recharging) so the easier way to put it is that the driver saw >>>>>>>>>> that
    there was no camera. He may not even have known they had a >>>>>>>>>> Ring device

Ring is currently heavily advertising that every big moment >>>>>>>>>>> in your life
    happens on your front porch and is captured by your ring >>>>>>>>>>> doorbell video
    which is just galactically stupid but will they continue this >>>>>>>>>>> campaign?

I wonder what Instacart and the local police policy is on >>>>>>>>>>> Instacart,

They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples >>>>>>>>>>> homes and steals
    their animals and kills them because they don’t think animals >>>>>>>>>>> should be

Yeah, without a video of what the guy did I don't expect
    anything to
    happen to him.

You're kidding, right?  Without him having proof of self
    defense, he's going to get his ass sued off.

anything, he's charged with - as well as his past record, if he >>>>>>>>> has one.

I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog with >>>>>>>> zero provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want to either. >>>>>>>

No, I fail the voir dire.  But in this instance it's the word of
    the victim and only witness against the owners' speculative
    "certainty".

The guy doing the shooting is the one who needs to show his reason
    for shooting in the first place.

You don't want to believe that people treat animals badly?  Do you
    live under a rock?

What provocation justifies killing an animal?  Because unless there
    was some kind of justification, he shot a dog in the dog's own home.

only the victim's.  It'd take a helluva lot of testimony about past

Not how things work, pig.  The guy who put the bullet in the dog has to account for his actions, not the other way around.

The burden isn't on the victim.

You run down an old man in his back yard, you'd better have a pretty
    good excuse.

The shooter says the dog viciously menaced him. What else is there?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dimensional Traveler@21:1/5 to moviePig on Tue Apr 9 18:05:39 2024
    On 4/9/2024 8:32 AM, moviePig wrote:
    On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 23:45:56 -0700, anim8rfsk <anim8rfsk@cox.net> >>>>>>>>>>> wrote:

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that >>>>>>>>>>>>> one of her family's
    dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person >>>>>>>>>>>> over the Easter
    weekend. The 51-year-old former LAW & ORDER star revealed on >>>>>>>>>>>> Instagram on
    Monday that her dog Oliver had been killed by the delivery >>>>>>>>>>>> person after he
    dropped off groceries to their home in Charlotte, North >>>>>>>>>>>> Carolina.

"This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for
    InstaCart shot & killed
    our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet >>>>>>>>>>>> photos of the
    deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & >>>>>>>>>>>> THEN shot our
    dog.
    Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & >>>>>>>>>>>> then knew he
    wasn’t
    being recorded. The police let him go because he claimed >>>>>>>>>>>> self-defense. He
    did
    not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn. >>>>>>>>>>>> He was shopping
    under a woman's identity named Merle. He shot our dog with >>>>>>>>>>>> my daughters and
    myself at home and just kept saying, "Yeah, I shot your dog. >>>>>>>>>>>> Yeah, I did."
    We
    are completely traumatized and beyond devastated at the loss >>>>>>>>>>>> of our beloved
    boy and family member."

InstaCart responded to Harmon's claims with a statement to >>>>>>>>>>>>> DailyMail.com:

"We were deeply saddened and disturbed to hear about this >>>>>>>>>>>>> incident. We have no
    tolerance for violence of any kind and the shopper account >>>>>>>>>>>> was immediately
    suspended from our platform," it said. "We have been in >>>>>>>>>>>> direct contact with
    the customer and are cooperating with law enforcement on their >>>>>>>>>>>> investigation."

In an update from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police
    Department to TMZ, law
    enforcement officials confirmed that the InstaCart driver >>>>>>>>>>>> claimed he shot
    the
    dog in self-defense.

"The investigation revealed that a delivery driver arrived >>>>>>>>>>>>> at the residence to
    deliver consumable goods. The driver told officers that a >>>>>>>>>>>> dog attacked him
    while he was at the residence and that he defended himself >>>>>>>>>>>> by firing a
    single
    gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog. Another dog >>>>>>>>>>>> was present at

They added that the department's Animal Control division >>>>>>>>>>>>> was also involved in
    the response to the shooting but the department confirmed >>>>>>>>>>>> that no charges
    had

The police department added that it was not seeking out any >>>>>>>>>>>>> other individuals

I’ve looked at the postings online and have some questions. >>>>>>>>>>>>
    Ring doorbells are rechargeable? You can just stick them up >>>>>>>>>>>> to the front of
    the house and move them in and out? How come they don’t get >>>>>>>>>>>> stolen all the
    time?

Yeah, that has to be the case because most of them (all that >>>>>>>>>>> I see
    around here) are just stuck to the door so there's no power >>>>>>>>>>> connection. I haven't checked but assumed that the ring is >>>>>>>>>>> locked to
    the case until you use the app to unlock the ring device. >>>>>>>>>>>
    The groceries delivered Were a very small package left at >>>>>>>>>>>> the front door. I
    thought from the story presented he/she/it must’ve come >>>>>>>>>>>> inside to see that
    her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how >>>>>>>>>>>> he/she/it knew.

I assume the actual device was missing (since it was inside >>>>>>>>>>> recharging) so the easier way to put it is that the driver >>>>>>>>>>> saw that
    there was no camera. He may not even have known they had a >>>>>>>>>>> Ring device

Ring is currently heavily advertising that every big moment >>>>>>>>>>>> in your life
    happens on your front porch and is captured by your ring >>>>>>>>>>>> doorbell video
    which is just galactically stupid but will they continue >>>>>>>>>>>> this campaign?

I wonder what Instacart and the local police policy is on >>>>>>>>>>>> Instacart,

They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples >>>>>>>>>>>> homes and steals
    their animals and kills them because they don’t think >>>>>>>>>>>> animals should be

Yeah, without a video of what the guy did I don't expect >>>>>>>>>>> anything to
    happen to him.

You're kidding, right?  Without him having proof of self
    defense, he's going to get his ass sued off.

anything, he's charged with - as well as his past record, if >>>>>>>>>> he has one.

I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog with >>>>>>>>> zero provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want to
    either.

No, I fail the voir dire.  But in this instance it's the word of >>>>>>> the victim and only witness against the owners' speculative
    "certainty".

The guy doing the shooting is the one who needs to show his reason >>>>>> for shooting in the first place.

You don't want to believe that people treat animals badly?  Do you >>>>>> live under a rock?

What provocation justifies killing an animal?  Because unless there
    was some kind of justification, he shot a dog in the dog's own home.

Not how things work, pig.  The guy who put the bullet in the dog has
    to account for his actions, not the other way around.

good excuse.

The shooter says the dog viciously menaced him.  What else is there?

Character references from neighbors and friends who knew the dog. 1
    "bad dog" versus half-a-dozen "sweet loving pup".

--
    dirty old man.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From moviePig@21:1/5 to Dimensional Traveler on Tue Apr 9 23:08:18 2024
    On 4/9/2024 9:05 PM, Dimensional Traveler wrote:
    On 4/9/2024 8:32 AM, moviePig wrote:
    On Tue, 2 Apr 2024 23:45:56 -0700, anim8rfsk
    <anim8rfsk@cox.net>
    wrote:

The actress Angie Harmon shared the devastating news that >>>>>>>>>>>>>> one of her family's
    dogs was shot and killed by an InstaCart delivery person >>>>>>>>>>>>> over the Easter
    weekend. The 51-year-old former LAW & ORDER star revealed >>>>>>>>>>>>> on Instagram on
    Monday that her dog Oliver had been killed by the delivery >>>>>>>>>>>>> person after he
    dropped off groceries to their home in Charlotte, North >>>>>>>>>>>>> Carolina.

"This Easter weekend a man delivering groceries for >>>>>>>>>>>>>> InstaCart shot & killed
    our precious Oliver," she wrote, alongside several sweet >>>>>>>>>>>>> photos of the
    deceased pet. "He got out of his car, delivered the food & >>>>>>>>>>>>> THEN shot our
    dog.
    Our Ring camera was charging in the house, which he saw & >>>>>>>>>>>>> then knew he
    wasn’t
    being recorded. The police let him go because he claimed >>>>>>>>>>>>> self-defense. He
    did
    not have a scratch or bite on him nor were his pants torn. >>>>>>>>>>>>> He was shopping
    under a woman's identity named Merle. He shot our dog with >>>>>>>>>>>>> my daughters and
    myself at home and just kept saying, "Yeah, I shot your >>>>>>>>>>>>> dog. Yeah, I did."
    We
    are completely traumatized and beyond devastated at the >>>>>>>>>>>>> loss of our beloved
    boy and family member."

InstaCart responded to Harmon's claims with a statement to >>>>>>>>>>>>>> DailyMail.com:

"We were deeply saddened and disturbed to hear about this >>>>>>>>>>>>>> incident. We have no
    tolerance for violence of any kind and the shopper account >>>>>>>>>>>>> was immediately
    suspended from our platform," it said. "We have been in >>>>>>>>>>>>> direct contact with
    the customer and are cooperating with law enforcement on their >>>>>>>>>>>>> investigation."

In an update from the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Department to TMZ, law
    enforcement officials confirmed that the InstaCart driver >>>>>>>>>>>>> claimed he shot
    the
    dog in self-defense.

"The investigation revealed that a delivery driver arrived >>>>>>>>>>>>>> at the residence to
    deliver consumable goods. The driver told officers that a >>>>>>>>>>>>> dog attacked him
    while he was at the residence and that he defended himself >>>>>>>>>>>>> by firing a
    single
    gunshot, striking and mortally wounding the dog. Another >>>>>>>>>>>>> dog was present at

They added that the department's Animal Control division >>>>>>>>>>>>>> was also involved in
    the response to the shooting but the department confirmed >>>>>>>>>>>>> that no charges
    had

The police department added that it was not seeking out >>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other individuals

I’ve looked at the postings online and have some questions. >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Ring doorbells are rechargeable? You can just stick them up >>>>>>>>>>>>> to the front of
    the house and move them in and out? How come they don’t get >>>>>>>>>>>>> stolen all the
    time?

Yeah, that has to be the case because most of them (all that >>>>>>>>>>>> I see
    around here) are just stuck to the door so there's no power >>>>>>>>>>>> connection. I haven't checked but assumed that the ring is >>>>>>>>>>>> locked to
    the case until you use the app to unlock the ring device. >>>>>>>>>>>>
    The groceries delivered Were a very small package left at >>>>>>>>>>>>> the front door. I
    thought from the story presented he/she/it must’ve come >>>>>>>>>>>>> inside to see that
    her ring doorbell was recharging. So I’m not sure how >>>>>>>>>>>>> he/she/it knew.

I assume the actual device was missing (since it was inside >>>>>>>>>>>> recharging) so the easier way to put it is that the driver >>>>>>>>>>>> saw that
    there was no camera. He may not even have known they had a >>>>>>>>>>>> Ring device

Ring is currently heavily advertising that every big moment >>>>>>>>>>>>> in your life
    happens on your front porch and is captured by your ring >>>>>>>>>>>>> doorbell video
    which is just galactically stupid but will they continue >>>>>>>>>>>>> this campaign?

I wonder what Instacart and the local police policy is on >>>>>>>>>>>>> Instacart,

They won’t do anything to he/she/it. PETA goes to peoples >>>>>>>>>>>>> homes and steals
    their animals and kills them because they don’t think >>>>>>>>>>>>> animals should be

Yeah, without a video of what the guy did I don't expect >>>>>>>>>>>> anything to
    happen to him.

You're kidding, right?  Without him having proof of self >>>>>>>>>>> defense, he's going to get his ass sued off.

As far as criminal charges go, that'll depend on what, if >>>>>>>>>>> anything, he's charged with - as well as his past record, if >>>>>>>>>>> he has one.

I don't want to believe there are people who'd shoot a dog >>>>>>>>>> with zero provocation, and I'm guessing a jury might not want >>>>>>>>>> to either.

No, I fail the voir dire.  But in this instance it's the word of >>>>>>>> the victim and only witness against the owners' speculative
    "certainty".

The guy doing the shooting is the one who needs to show his
    reason for shooting in the first place.

You don't want to believe that people treat animals badly?  Do
    you live under a rock?

What provocation justifies killing an animal?  Because unless there >>>>> was some kind of justification, he shot a dog in the dog's own home. >>>>>
    You condone abusing animals that haven't done anything to warrant it? >>>>

Not how things work, pig.  The guy who put the bullet in the dog has
    to account for his actions, not the other way around.

good excuse.

The shooter says the dog viciously menaced him.  What else is there?

Character references from neighbors and friends who knew the dog.  1
    "bad dog" versus half-a-dozen "sweet loving pup".

If there were a video of the (non-)attack, or even some anti-dog
    background on the shooter, I'd say hanging's too good for him. I just
    don't see how 'friends and neighbors' who weren't there can prevail.
    (Otoh, in a civil trial, "preponderance of the evidence" might apply.)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From trotsky@21:1/5 to FPP on Thu Apr 11 16:35:35 2024
    On 4/9/24 8:19 AM, FPP wrote:
    On 4/5/24 4:23 PM, moviePig wrote:

. . .

You pay attention to the dog's ears, his head position, and his tail. >>>>> They make it quite clear. Also, dogs pay attention TO YOU, so show
    leadership by standing tall with a proper stride. Don't approach
    the dog
    in a way he might feel threatened, like with your from above trying to >>>>> pet the top of his head. If he's willing to be petted, he'll let
    you but

Some dogs, like herding dogs, might be aggressive with their mouths, >>>>> like grabbing wrists or ankles, but that's trying to dominate and not >>>>> trying to kill. A dog that attacks the neck or face is quite
    dangerous.

I run into dogs being walked by their owners all the time and most >>>>>> dogs
    are just happy to see anyone but I've run into a few who seemed like >>>>>> they wanted some attention as they came over to me as I was
    walking by
    but clearly didn't actually want to be touched. That's taught me to >>>>>> always be cautious when going to pet a dog even though the owner is >>>>>> right there so I'll keep my fingers closed in my hand just in case >>>>>> the
    dog wants to take a nip.

friendly.  Don't make a fist, dogs are smart enough to recognize
    that as
    being aggressive.

Yes.

Barbara Woodhouse was against letting the dog sniff the back of the hand >>> approaching from the front, as that's not enough for the dog not to
    fail to understand.

. . .

If they don't look straight ahead with both eyes, then they don't see
    parallax 3D ...which I'm not prepared to accept, particularly since my

You always let the dog come to the stranger, never the other way around.
     You always let the dog do the sniffing, you don't offer your hand.

That's a great way to get bit.  The dog has to be comfortable first
    before you approach it.

Couldn't disagree more. You don't get bit because you offer your hand,
    you get bit because the dog senses fear. 100%

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05