• Starship Size / Speed Comparisons

From BTR1701@21:1/5 to All on Sat Feb 24 04:28:20 2024
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_9KsWfu3wQ

I don’t think they got the sizes right. The ships look too small compared with
    the buildings and people on the ground.

I also had no idea the Millennium Falcon was so much faster than other STAR WARS ships like the Star Destroyers and X-Wings.

I also don't think the TARDIS travels at near infinite/instantaneous speed. We've seen many scenes of the Doctor and his companions passing hours in the TARDIS while it's traveling from one time and place to another.

But that Enterprise-D sure kicks the original Enterprise's butt in the speed category. And Voyager is apparently even faster still. None of them compare to the Borg, though, which makes one wonder why it didn't instantly overtake 1701-D when it was chasing them during their first encounter.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From anim8rfsk@21:1/5 to atropos@mac.com on Sat Feb 24 01:53:33 2024
    BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_9KsWfu3wQ

I don’t think they got the sizes right. The ships look too small compared with
    the buildings and people on the ground.

I also had no idea the Millennium Falcon was so much faster than other STAR
    WARS ships like the Star Destroyers and X-Wings.

I also don't think the TARDIS travels at near infinite/instantaneous speed.
    We've seen many scenes of the Doctor and his companions passing hours in
    the
    TARDIS while it's traveling from one time and place to another.

But that Enterprise-D sure kicks the original Enterprise's butt in the speed
    category. And Voyager is apparently even faster still. None of them compare
    to
    the Borg, though, which makes one wonder why it didn't instantly overtake 1701-D when it was chasing them during their first encounter.

I think they’re cheating on the Borg cube which takes those trans warp tunnels. They may get places fast, but they can’t just go anywhere they
    want.

--
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it is still on my list.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)