• Re: Let's go Brandon!

From Ubiquitous@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 1 04:30:48 2024
    The Iranian-backed terrorists responsible for murdering three U.S. soldiers, and injuring dozens more, in an attack over the weekend have started to evacuate their bases after President Joe Biden’s administration leaked to the media this week that they are gearing up to respond by carrying out a
    sustained bombing campaign.

The news comes after NBC News reported on Wednesday that the U.S. retaliatory strikes would be a “campaign” that lasts “weeks,” according to U.S.
    officials.

The officials went as far as to say that the U.S. would target “Iranian
    targets outside Iran, and the campaign will involve both strikes and cyber operations,” the report added.

CBS News reported late on Wednesday that the the terror groups that make up Islamic Resistance in Iraq, an Iranian-backed terrorist group, have
    “evacuated their bases in Iraq and Syria, fearing U.S. retaliatory strikes after Sunday’s attack.”

A U.S. official further telegraphed America’s forthcoming punches by telling ABC News that “these are going to be very deliberate targets — deliberate strikes on facilities that enabled these attacks.”

Andrea Stricker, Deputy Director & Research Fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies’ (FDD) Nonproliferation & Biodefense program,
    criticized the Biden administration for tipping off the enemy about what its plans were.

“Having let these attacks go on for so long—resulting in the deaths of three service members—the administration must now ‘shock the system’ of the regime
    to deter further attacks,” Stricker told The Daily Wire on Tuesday. “The blow must be so devastating that Tehran orders its proxies to stand down.”

“Anything less than that will ensure this cycle continues and brings the regional war Washington hopes to avoid,” she continued. “The administration
    is too deliberately telegraphing its desire for restraint. The adversary
    needs to believe we are both able and willing to use major force to avenge these deaths and prevent additional ones.”

--
    "In our time, there is still the old ghost of new garments. We all need to
    rise and meet the moment".

-- Joe Biden

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Horny Goat@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 2 03:54:28 2024
    On Thu, 01 Feb 2024 04:30:48 -0500, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
    wrote:

“Anything less than that will ensure this cycle continues and brings the >regional war Washington hopes to avoid,” she continued. “The administration >is too deliberately telegraphing its desire for restraint. The adversary >needs to believe we are both able and willing to use major force to avenge >these deaths and prevent additional ones.”

How are they avenging deaths if they give the opposition notice to
    allow them to flee and thereby destroy empty bases?

To me that screams "confused on the concept of avenging"...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ubiquitous@21:1/5 to lcraver@home.ca on Fri Feb 2 11:23:02 2024
    lcraver@home.ca wrote:
    Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net> wrote:

“Anything less than that will ensure this cycle continues and brings the >>regional war Washington hopes to avoid,” she continued. “The administration >>is too deliberately telegraphing its desire for restraint. The adversary >>needs to believe we are both able and willing to use major force to avenge >>these deaths and prevent additional ones.”

How are they avenging deaths if they give the opposition notice to
    allow them to flee and thereby destroy empty bases?

While funding these people and similtaniously sabotaging Israel's attempts to deal with their Islamonazi problem.

--
    "The beer brewed here, it is used to make the brew beered here Ooh, Earth Rider, thanks for the Great Lakes. I wonder why…"
    - Joe Biden

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ubiquitous@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 19 04:45:30 2024
    A federal government agency tasked with promoting scientific progress and securing national defense is dumping nearly one million taxpayer dollars into an effort to make biology “inclusive” by denying that there are only two genders.

The National Science Foundation is granting three institutions the large sum
    of money based on the claim that “biology courses often inaccurately
    categorize sex and gender as binary.” The study, titled “Collaborative Research: A qualitative inquiry into sex/gender narratives in undergraduate biology and their impacts on transgender, non-binary, and gender non- conforming students,” hopes to make undergraduate biology classes more “inclusive” for transgender students, in part by denying the fact that sex is binary.

The effort to deny biological reality with taxpayer dollars comes amid a broader push from the Biden administration to leverage the federal
    bureaucracy to advance far-left beliefs, with large grants flowing towards efforts to embed extreme ideologies in America’s institutions. The National Science Foundation calls the diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) agenda a “high priority,” and boasts that it has multiple identity-based employee resource groups, including one for “LGBTQ+ and Allies.”

Three academic institutions, the University of Minnesota, Colorado State University, and Florida International University, have all received
    government funding to partake in the study, with a total of $905,694 taxpayer dollars slated to go towards the effort, according to government funding disclosures. The government funding was awarded by the National Science Foundation, a federal agency tasked with promoting scientific progress and securing national defense.

“The oversimplification of sex and gender into binary categories can make biology classrooms particularly challenging for TNG students,” the award abstract reads, referring to those who identify as transgender, non-binary,
    and gender non-conforming. The description goes on to claim “early data
    suggest that how sex and gender topics are represented in the biology curriculum impacts TNG students’ sense of belonging and interest in biology.”

The National Science Foundation did not directly answer a Daily Wire inquiry asking whether the federal agency believed that there are more than two genders, with a spokesperson instead doubling down on the federal agency’s financial support of the effort to deny the binary nature of sex.

“There is a strong theoretical foundation on which the research questions are based,” a foundation spokesperson told The Daily Wire, also boasting that its “merit review process is recognized as the ‘gold standard’ of scientific review.”

The spokesperson added that the effort to make biology more inclusive for
    those who identify as transgender was “identified as having intellectual
    merit and broader impacts because the proposers made a strong case to the
    peer reviewers.”

The study specifically intends to examine “how a more accurate curriculum
    about the diversity of sexes found across species, the role of the
    environment in sex determination, and the complex relationship between sex
    and gender can create a more inclusive environment for transgender, non- binary, and gender non-conforming (TNG) students in undergraduate biology courses.”

Three primary goals are also articulated for the government-backed study,
    which hopes to “explore how sex and gender are currently represented in the undergraduate biology content,” “describe the impact this content has on classroom climate and belonging for [transgender, non-binary, and gender non-confirming] students,” and finally “characterize the current efforts of biology instructors to create a more inclusive climate for [transgender, non-binary, and gender non-conforming] students.”

The government-backed effort also seeks to “support the design of
    interventions and curriculum inclusive of both TNG and intersex students” and will allegedly “help all biology students develop inclusive and
    scientifically accurate understandings of sex and gender.”

Data collected via interviews with students and professors will be analyzed using “[f]eminist phenomenology, qualitative content analysis, and document analysis.”

Carrie Hall, who works for the National Science Foundation’s Division of
    Equity for Excellence in STEM, was listed as the Program Manager for the effort. The individual universities did not respond to requests for comment
    on their ongoing studies.

The foundation’s funding of the study is far from the only time that the federal government has used taxpayer dollars to push radical gender ideology and the diversity, equity, and inclusion agenda.

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), for example, allocated
    just under $700k in taxpayer funds to an organization by HHS for the purpose
    of developing transgender-inclusive sex education programs for children as young as 14 years old, The Daily Wire revealed.

While taxpayer funds have been repeatedly used to push extreme leftwing
    efforts on gender, the Biden administration was recently exposed for relying
    on just two pages of literature to support so-called “gender-affirming care.” Meanwhile, a growing number of studies have found that so-called “gender- affirming” medical interventions do not benefit patients.

Various agencies within the federal government have aggressively pushed ideological initiatives under President Biden, who signed multiple executive orders intending to use the federal government to advance leftwing beliefs on race and the diversity, equity, and inclusion agenda.

Former Trump administration officials, as well as former President Trump himself, have advocated for plans to gut the administrative state under the next administration, intending to reign in and fire unelected bureaucrats who may obstruct the president’s objectives.

--
    "In our time, there is still the old ghost of new garments. We all need to
    rise and meet the moment".

-- Joe Biden

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ubiquitous@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 15 14:57:18 2024
    President Joe Biden offered praise for Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer’s recent speech on Israel — despite the fact that Schumer had blasted Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and called for early elections — and then
    sat in complete silence as his staffers quickly herded members of the press from the room.

Biden was meeting on Wednesday morning with Irish Prime Minister Leo
    Varadkar, and he paused briefly to answer one of the questions shouted by the reporters who were gathered in the room — namely, “Do you have any comments
    on Sen. Schumer’s speech on Israel yesterday?”

WATCH:

Biden praises Sen. Chuck Schumer's anti-Netanyahu speech: "He made
    a good speech."

His handlers then promptly and aggressively herd the press out of
    the room.
    pic.twitter.com/qMPzj9kVYw

— RNC Research (@RNCResearch) March 15, 2024

“Sen. Schumer contacted my staff, my senior staff, he was going to make that speech, and I’m not going to exag — er — elaborate on the speech, he made a good speech and I think he expressed serious concern shared not only by him, but by many Americans,” Biden replied.

All the reporters then began shouting at once, trying to make their questions heard — but Biden sat back and, with a half smile on his face, did not appear to even hear the chaotic shouting around him.

Within a few seconds, Biden staffers could be heard joining the fray — and
    they quickly shuffled the reporters out of the room as the president remained silent, moving only to fidget with the pen he was holding in his hands.

Next to him, Prime Minister Varadkar appeared to be mildly amused by the
    whole scene. He sat quietly with his hands together in his lap, breaking the pose briefly to adjust his tie when someone pointed out that it was crooked.

As members of the press got up and left, Biden flashed a wider smile and
    waved slightly, appearing to briefly thank them for being there. Through it all, one staffer could be heard over the reporters repeating, “Let’s go,
    let’s go, thanks everyone.”

--
    Let's go Brandon!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ubiquitous@21:1/5 to All on Thu Mar 21 04:30:50 2024
    President Joe Biden lied about his testimony with special counsel Robert Hur, according to new transcripts of Hur’s interviews with Biden over his handling of classified documents.

Hur’s February report concluded that Biden willfully retained classified documents but recommended no criminal charges in part because it said that Biden had a faulty memory and would appear as a sympathetic old man to a
    jury. One of the key details included in the report was that Biden did not remember the year his son Beau died. Biden said that he was taken aback by a question about his son, claiming that it was Hur who brought up the death.

“There’s even a reference that I don’t remember when my son died,” Biden said in February. “How in the hell dare he raise that? Frankly, when I was asked
    the question, I thought to myself: It wasn’t any of their damn business.”

The transcripts, obtained by ABC, show that it was actually Biden who brought up his son. Biden’s confusion came after he was asked about what he was doing after Trump took office.

“And so I hadn’t, I hadn’t at this point … I hadn’t walked away from the idea that I may run for office again. But if I ran again, I’d be running for president,” he said, according to the transcript obtained by ABC. “And, and
    so what was happening though — what month did Beau die? Oh, God, May 30th-”

Two people at the interview chimed in and said it was 2015, after which Biden said, “Was it 2015 he had died?”

“It was May of 2015,” one person responded.

https://dw-wp-production.imgix.net/2024/03/IMG_2838-768x833.png

Elsewhere in the transcripts, Biden said “I’m a young man, so it’s not a problem,” when asked by Hur to discuss previous events as accurately as possible.

Biden also made a comment about how he hoped investigators had not found “any risqué pictures of my wife in a bathing suit,” adding, “She’s beautiful.”

Biden also told interviewers that he did not mean to keep any classified documents.

“I had no purpose for them, and I think it would be inappropriate for me to keep clearly classified documents,” he said, before saying that it was his staff who packed his belongings from the White House. “I don’t want to hold them responsible or get them in trouble, but I believe they were the ones who were packing up … and were deciding, you know, where, where things were
    going, to the best of my knowledge,” he said.

Biden also discussed moving boxes, which were full of classified documents,
    out of the way in his garage to park his car. He said he did not know what
    was in the boxes.

“I remember moving boxes, literally physically moving them, with help, one
    side to the other so I could get the Corvette in that garage on the left,” Biden said. Other portions of the transcript show Biden talking about his Corvette and “making car sounds.”

In which President Biden engages in a long discussion about cars as
    Robert Hur tries, unsuccessfully, to get him back on track. Twice,
    according to the transcript, the president "makes car sound."
    pic.twitter.com/tEo5X59pjB
    — Matt Viser (@mviser) March 12, 2024

Joe Biden literally said "My Corvette go BRRRRR" while Robert Hur
    pleaded with him to answer actual questions
    pic.twitter.com/7dSk53VG3Y
    — Dylan Housman (@Dylan_Housman) March 12, 2024

The release of the transcripts come hours before Hur is set to testify before the House Judiciary Committee.

--
    "My Corvette go BRRRRR"
    -- Joe Biden

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ubiquitous@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 2 04:30:47 2024
    President Joe Biden said on Monday that he did not declare this Easter Sunday as Transgender Day of Visibility.

Biden’s claim comes after he has faced outrage from Christians for issuing a proclamation about it and posting about it on social media on Easter Sunday.

“Today, on Transgender Day of Visibility, I have a simple message to all
    trans Americans: I see you,” Biden wrote on X. “You are made in the image of God, and you’re worthy of respect and dignity.”

Today, on Transgender Day of Visibility, I have a simple message to
    all trans Americans:

I see you.

You are made in the image of God, and you're worthy of respect and
    dignity. pic.twitter.com/ihvsJrXEyd

— President Biden (@POTUS) March 31, 2024

A reporter asked Biden about the matter during the White House Easter Egg
    Roll.

“Mr. President, what does Easter mean to you, sir?” the reporter asked. “Sir, what does Easter mean to you?”

Biden, who claims to be a “devout Catholic,” responded: “Time for forgiveness and people getting together and a little bit of love and no phoniness. Be straight with people.”

The reporter responded by highlighting criticism from House Speaker Mike Johnson (R-LA) about Biden proclaiming that Sunday as Transgender Day of Visibility.

“And Mr. Speaker Johnson the other day said, sir, Speaker Johnson said you betrayed the tenet of Easter by proclaiming Sunday, Easter Sunday, as Transgender Day. He called it outrageous and abhorrent,” the reporter said. “What do you say to Speaker Johnson?”

“He’s thoroughly uninformed,” Biden claimed. “I didn’t do that.”

WATCH:

BIDEN: “He’s thoroughly uninformed.”

During the annual Easter Egg Roll at the White House, EWTN’s
    @owentjensen asked the President about Speaker Johnson calling out
    the White House for proclaiming Transgender Day on Easter Sunday.

Video by Sara Canals, DC Correspondent for…
    pic.twitter.com/SGE0qMZrZk

— EWTN News Nightly (@EWTNNewsNightly) April 1, 2024

Amid the ensuing backlash, the White House issued a statement suggesting
    Biden meant that he hadn’t been the one who established the Transgender Day
    of Visibility or specifically chosen March 31st for its recognition this
    year.

“President Biden is right. He did nothing in conflict with the ‘tenets of Easter,’ which he celebrated yesterday, nor did he choose the date of March 31st for the Transgender Day of Visibility, which has been set sine 2009,” White House Spokesman Andrew Bates told Fox News Digital in a statement.

--
    "My Corvette go BRRRRR"
    -- Joe Biden

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Horny Goat@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 3 02:51:15 2024
    On Tue, 02 Apr 2024 04:30:47 -0400, Ubiquitous <weberm@polaris.net>
    wrote:

President Joe Biden said on Monday that he did not declare this Easter Sunday >as Transgender Day of Visibility.

Biden’s claim comes after he has faced outrage from Christians for issuing a >proclamation about it and posting about it on social media on Easter Sunday.

“Today, on Transgender Day of Visibility, I have a simple message to all >trans Americans: I see you,” Biden wrote on X. “You are made in the image of >God, and you’re worthy of respect and dignity.”

Today, on Transgender Day of Visibility, I have a simple message to
    all trans Americans:

I see you.

You are made in the image of God, and you're worthy of respect and
    dignity. pic.twitter.com/ihvsJrXEyd

— President Biden (@POTUS) March 31, 2024

A reporter asked Biden about the matter during the White House Easter Egg >Roll.

“Mr. President, what does Easter mean to you, sir?” the reporter asked. “Sir, >what does Easter mean to you?”

Biden, who claims to be a “devout Catholic,” responded: “Time for forgiveness >and people getting together and a little bit of love and no phoniness. Be >straight with people.”

The reporter responded by highlighting criticism from House Speaker Mike >Johnson (R-LA) about Biden proclaiming that Sunday as Transgender Day of >Visibility.

“And Mr. Speaker Johnson the other day said, sir, Speaker Johnson said you >betrayed the tenet of Easter by proclaiming Sunday, Easter Sunday, as >Transgender Day. He called it outrageous and abhorrent,” the reporter said. >“What do you say to Speaker Johnson?”

“He’s thoroughly uninformed,” Biden claimed. “I didn’t do that.”

WATCH:

BIDEN: “He’s thoroughly uninformed.”

During the annual Easter Egg Roll at the White House, EWTN’s
    @owentjensen asked the President about Speaker Johnson calling out
    the White House for proclaiming Transgender Day on Easter Sunday.

Video by Sara Canals, DC Correspondent for…
    pic.twitter.com/SGE0qMZrZk

— EWTN News Nightly (@EWTNNewsNightly) April 1, 2024

Amid the ensuing backlash, the White House issued a statement suggesting >Biden meant that he hadn’t been the one who established the Transgender Day >of Visibility or specifically chosen March 31st for its recognition this >year.

“President Biden is right. He did nothing in conflict with the ‘tenets of >Easter,’ which he celebrated yesterday, nor did he choose the date of March >31st for the Transgender Day of Visibility, which has been set sine 2009,” >White House Spokesman Andrew Bates told Fox News Digital in a statement.

I'm afraid I disagree with Newsweek magazine's "fact checkers" in
    their declaring outrage to be 'false' https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-did-joe-biden-create-transgender-day-visibility-easter-1885518

and note that the fact that Jenner took the same position as Ubi and I
    makes my point.

Oh well - at least Biden didn't make his pronouncement on Good Friday

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Horny Goat@21:1/5 to FPP on Thu Apr 4 16:54:07 2024
    On Wed, 3 Apr 2024 07:04:57 -0400, FPP <fredp1571@gmail.com> wrote:

While Biden did officially acknowledge March 31 to be TDoV, he also did so in 2021 when Easter fell on April 4 that year.

The day was set by a Michigan-based advocate to raise awareness of the plight of transgender people and to celebrate their achievements.

The first TDoV was celebrated in 2009 when Easter occurred on April 12. Since then, the two dates coincided only twice: in 2013 and in 2024.

Biden did not invent TDoV, nor set the date to deliberately clash with Easter, which is on a different date every year.

What do you disagree with in that?

No one has suggested Biden invented TDoV nor the date - the comment
    was based on which event he CHOSE to promote. Nobody would have raised
    eyebrows had Biden promoted the White House Easter Egg hunt which has
    gone on for years and is at least tangentially related to Easter.

Promoting TDoV the way he did is equivalent to promoting "National
    Fireworks Day" as the main event going on on July 4th - though TDoV
    isn't JUST what you suggest ('to celebrate their achievements') but to
    promote their status at the event of THE major religious date of the
    year.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From shawn@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 4 20:15:04 2024
    On Thu, 04 Apr 2024 16:54:07 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
    wrote:

While Biden did officially acknowledge March 31 to be TDoV, he also did so in 2021 when Easter fell on April 4 that year.

The day was set by a Michigan-based advocate to raise awareness of the plight of transgender people and to celebrate their achievements.

The first TDoV was celebrated in 2009 when Easter occurred on April 12. Since then, the two dates coincided only twice: in 2013 and in 2024.

Biden did not invent TDoV, nor set the date to deliberately clash with Easter, which is on a different date every year.

was based on which event he CHOSE to promote. Nobody would have raised >eyebrows had Biden promoted the White House Easter Egg hunt which has

isn't JUST what you suggest ('to celebrate their achievements') but to >promote their status at the event of THE major religious date of the
    year.

He promoted the day on the day that was chosen by members of that
    group as their day of recognition over a decade ago. To suggest that
    Biden (a long term Christian) chose to recognize TDoV as some sort of
    slap at Christianity is... I just don't see how anyone can even
    suggest it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BTR1701@21:1/5 to shawn on Thu Apr 4 18:10:52 2024
    In article <jfgu0jdrmehs6v2v5j6pmpn245gca6m6u3@4ax.com>,
    shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

wrote:

While Biden did officially acknowledge March 31 to be TDoV, he also did >>> so in 2021 when Easter fell on April 4 that year.

The day was set by a Michigan-based advocate to raise awareness of the >>> plight of transgender people and to celebrate their achievements.

The first TDoV was celebrated in 2009 when Easter occurred on April 12. >>> Since then, the two dates coincided only twice: in 2013 and in 2024.

Biden did not invent TDoV, nor set the date to deliberately clash with >>> Easter, which is on a different date every year.

was based on which event he CHOSE to promote. Nobody would have raised >eyebrows had Biden promoted the White House Easter Egg hunt which has

Promoting TDoV the way he did is equivalent to promoting "National >Fireworks Day" as the main event going on on July 4th - though TDoV
    isn't JUST what you suggest ('to celebrate their achievements') but to >promote their status at the event of THE major religious date of the
    year.

suggest it.

Biden's not choosing much of anything anymore. He doesn't even choose
    the flavor of pudding he gets while he watches the squirrels outside the window.

However, it's certainly plausible that the radical left-wing staffers
    that have infiltrated the administration and who are the ones actually
    running things at "White House at Bernie's" very much did intend a slap
    at Christianity.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From moviePig@21:1/5 to shawn on Thu Apr 4 22:56:08 2024
    On 4/4/2024 8:15 PM, shawn wrote:
    wrote:

was based on which event he CHOSE to promote. Nobody would have raised
    eyebrows had Biden promoted the White House Easter Egg hunt which has

isn't JUST what you suggest ('to celebrate their achievements') but to
    promote their status at the event of THE major religious date of the
    year.

suggest it.

But *YOU* aren't trying to -- as it were -- climb up on a cross...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ubiquitous@21:1/5 to atropos@mac.com on Fri Apr 5 10:16:32 2024
    atropos@mac.com wrote:
    shawn <nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com> wrote:

suggest it.

Biden's not choosing much of anything anymore. He doesn't even choose
    the flavor of pudding he gets while he watches the squirrels outside the >window.

However, it's certainly plausible that the radical left-wing staffers
    that have infiltrated the administration and who are the ones actually >running things at "White House at Bernie's" very much did intend a slap
    at Christianity.

Am I correct in hearing Biden made no anouncments about Easter and in fact delayed the annual Easter Egg hunt (scrubbed of all Christianity) to Monday?

--
    Let's go Brandon!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ubiquitous@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 17 04:30:54 2024
    President Joe Biden has already reportedly started to pressure Israel to minimize their response to the unprecedented attack that it faced on Saturday when the Islamic Republic of Iran launched hundreds of missiles and drones at the country.

Two Israeli officials told The New York Times that Iran launched 185 one-way suicide drones, 110 surface-to-surface missiles, and 36 cruise missiles.

Dana Stroul, formerly the Pentagon’s top Middle East policy official who is
    now at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said that whatever
    Iran’s goal was for this attack, it fell “well short of that objective.”

“Given how significant this attack was, it is difficult to see how Israel cannot respond,” Stroul added.

U.S. officials have asked that Israel notify the U.S. before launching any
    kind of military response, CNN reported. This is the first time that Iran has ever directly attacked the Jewish state.

CNN added that the Biden administration was urging the Israelis to have “containment in mind” rather than escalating the attacks, even though the administration told the network that they viewed Iran’s attack as “disproportionate” to Israel killing the Iranian general.

The report said that Biden was focused on “preventing a full-scale regional conflict from erupting.”

Israel’s security cabinet authorized the country’s three-man war cabinet — Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Minister of Defense Yoav Gallant, and
    Benny Gantz — to decide the country’s response to the Iranian attack.

NBC News reported that the Biden administration was “concerned” that Israel could launch a warranted military response “without thinking through
    potential fallout afterward.”

The report said that Biden “has privately expressed concern” that Netanyahu could get the U.S. involved in a war in the Middle East, which comes after Biden relaxed sanctions enforcement on Iran, allowing the world’s leading
    state sponsor of terrorism to make $80 billion in oil revenues.

“I don’t think they had a strategy,” a senior Biden administration official said of Israel’s decision last week to kill an Iranian general who was
    involved in helping Hamas plan and execute its October 7 massacre on Israel.

The Biden official continued to throw Israel under the bus, claiming: “The Israelis don’t always make the best strategic decisions.”

--
    Let's go Brandon!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BTR1701@21:1/5 to Ubiquitous on Wed Apr 17 12:47:47 2024
    In article <uvoo24$1lc8m$8@dont-email.me>,

President Joe Biden has already reportedly started to pressure Israel to minimize their response to the unprecedented attack that it faced on Saturday when the Islamic Republic of Iran launched hundreds of missiles and drones at the country.

Two Israeli officials told The New York Times that Iran launched 185 one-way suicide drones, 110 surface-to-surface missiles, and 36 cruise missiles.

Dana Stroul, formerly the Pentagon's top Middle East policy official who is now at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said that whatever Iran's goal was for this attack, it fell "well short of that objective".

I've seen reports that a significant percentage of the ordnance Iran
    launched at Israel malfunctioned and fell down on Iran's own people.

You love to see it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From shawn@21:1/5 to atropos@mac.com on Wed Apr 17 19:49:18 2024
    On Wed, 17 Apr 2024 12:47:47 -0700, BTR1701 <atropos@mac.com> wrote:

President Joe Biden has already reportedly started to pressure Israel to
    minimize their response to the unprecedented attack that it faced on Saturday
    when the Islamic Republic of Iran launched hundreds of missiles and drones at
    the country.

Two Israeli officials told The New York Times that Iran launched 185 one-way >> suicide drones, 110 surface-to-surface missiles, and 36 cruise missiles.

Dana Stroul, formerly the Pentagon's top Middle East policy official who is >> now at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said that whatever
    Iran's goal was for this attack, it fell "well short of that objective".

You love to see it.

I would hope that wasn't the case as this was supposedly a prepared
    response. Meaning that Iran wasn't using hastily thrown together
    weapons to attack Israel, but weaponry they had been building up over
    a long time. If this was weapons that they didn't just cobble together
    over the weekend then they clearly can't go to war with Israel (even
    if they had the money to do so, which they don't.)

While I'm no fan of Iran, I would hate to see innocent civilians on
    either side get hurt. Even if they are being hurt by defective
    weapons.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From trotsky@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 18 02:56:41 2024
    On 4/17/24 2:47 PM, BTR1701 wrote:

minimize their response to the unprecedented attack that it faced on Saturday
    when the Islamic Republic of Iran launched hundreds of missiles and drones at
    the country.

Two Israeli officials told The New York Times that Iran launched 185 one-way >> suicide drones, 110 surface-to-surface missiles, and 36 cruise missiles.

Dana Stroul, formerly the Pentagon's top Middle East policy official who is >> now at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said that whatever
    Iran's goal was for this attack, it fell "well short of that objective".

I've seen reports

Cite?

that a significant percentage of the ordnance Iran

You love to see it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ubiquitous@21:1/5 to atropos@mac.com on Fri Apr 19 04:30:46 2024
    atropos@mac.com wrote:

minimize their response to the unprecedented attack that it faced on
    Saturday when the Islamic Republic of Iran launched hundreds of missiles
    and drones at the country.

Two Israeli officials told The New York Times that Iran launched 185 one-
    way suicide drones, 110 surface-to-surface missiles, and 36 cruise
    missiles.

Dana Stroul, formerly the Pentagon's top Middle East policy official who
    is now at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy, said that
    whatever Iran's goal was for this attack, it fell "well short of that
    objective".

I think it's Hamas, Hezbolla, other Iranian proxies who are doing that.
    I did hear, however, that Iranian media is using footage of California wildfires and a fans at a boyband concert with their claims that they devastated Israel with their drone and missile attack.

--
    Let's go Brandon!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Ubiquitous@21:1/5 to All on Sun May 5 10:35:30 2024
    Federal law enforcement officials have arrested a man from Uzbekistan
    who is an alleged member of the ISIS terrorist organization and who has
    been living in the U.S. for the last two years while applying for
    asylum.

NBC News reported that Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
    recently arrested 33-year-old Jovokhir Attoev in Baltimore.

Attoev crossed the border in Arizona in February 2022, was apprehended
    by Border Patrol, and claimed he was an asylum seeker, the report said.

Officials claim that they could not find any “derogatory information”
    on him so they released him into the U.S. with a court date.

“Then, in May 2023, Uzbekistan put out an international notice that
    Attoev was wanted in his home country for his alleged affiliation with
    ISIS,” the report said. “But it was not until March 2024, almost a year
    later, when the U.S. government was reviewing Attoev’s application for
    asylum, that officials discovered the notice from Uzbekistan and
    connected it with the man living in Maryland.”

ICE arrested him two weeks ago and he now sits in jail awaiting trial
    in immigration court where the government will argue they need to keep
    him locked up to learn more about his alleged ties to terrorism.

Numerous federal law enforcement officials told the publication that
    the case was the perfect example of how dangerous the immigration and
    asylum system is in the U.S. because it takes authorities a long time
    to follow-up on those who have already crossed into the U.S. — usually illegally.

ICE recently nabbed another terrorist who illegally entered the U.S.
    and was roaming around the country freely.

Mohammad Kharwin, 48, who illegally entered the U.S. through the
    southern border, “is a member of Hezb-e-Islami, or HIG, a political and paramilitary organization that the U.S. has designated a terrorist organization,” NBC News reported last month. He roamed the U.S. for a
    full year before finally being arrested by ICE.

The Islamic terrorist group is responsible for killing multiple
    American soldiers in Afghanistan from 2013 to 2015, according to U.S. officials. The Director of National Intelligence says that Hezb-e-
    Islami, or “Party of Islam,” is a “virulently anti-Western insurgent
    group whose goal is to replace the Western-backed Afghan Government
    with an Islamic state rooted in sharia.”

--
    Let's go Brandon!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05