• =?UTF-8?Q?Coronation_Street_weekly_update_=E2=80=93_January_30=2C_2021?

From glenda.sunderland@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 30 02:28:56 2021
    Corrie weekly updates from 1995
    All the wit and warmth of Weatherfield
    None of the waffle - and all for just 99p
    Available from https://amzn.to/2IUn7bt

Greetings and welcome to another week of words from Weatherfield. And so, without any further ado, here we go with this week’s Coronation Street update.

Ray disappears and Debbie tells Abi she’s pushed him in the canal. Abi believes her, and so did I until Ray turns up in a bedsit, alive and well and talking to Debbie. It seems she’s going to smuggle him out of the country to Turkey in return for him
    giving her the Bistro and all of his business. At least, I think that’s what’s going on. I’ve kind of lost track but it doesn’t really matter because it means more screen time for the wonderful Sue Devaney, who plays Debbie. She lights up my
    telly every time she comes on screen. Better still, Debbie tells everyone who had sold their homes to Ray that she’ll buy them back at the same price they sold them. This is good news to Tracy Barlow who overhears David and Shona say they can’t
    afford to buy back No. 8 and Tracy goes in for the kill. Debbie also gives Kev his garage back. What a gal.

Over at Underworld, Gail stores boxes of her belongings and finds an old photo of a woman named Fanny. Stop giggling at the back. Anyway, Fanny turns out to be a long-lost relative of Gail’s who’s also related to George the undertaker. There was a
    wonderful scene with George and Audrey having a drink in the Rovers and reminiscing about George’s undertaker uncle Archie Shuttleworth who wooed Audrey back in the day.

Peter’s shaky and sweaty this week as he battles the bottle and fails. He collapses with a seizure and is rushed to <<HOSPITAL KLAXON>> the Kate Oates memorial ward at Weatherfield General. The nurse attending tells Ken that the only way for Peter to
    get through this is by allowing him some alcohol, treating it as medicine, otherwise he’ll go on a bender and end up killing himself. Ken does his best but it’s hard on them all. Carla calls on Peter to find him writing a goodbye note to Simon, which
    Carla not only reads, not only tears out of Peter’s notebook but reads to Simon in front of Peter, almost sending him over the edge. I fear she’s gone too far, and so does Peter, he tells her she’s the reason he drinks and she’ll be the reason he
    dies.

Meanwhile, an old friend of Carla’s called Lucas arrives. She met him in Devon and there’s chemistry between them. Imagine a Venn diagram with Nick Tilsley in one circle and Peter Barlow in the other. In the middle is Lucas, that’s just how he
    looks. He talks to Carla on business then invites her to spend a mucky weekend with him in a hotel. What’s it to be, Carla? A lusty weekend with luscious Lucas or a pity party with Peter? She’s tempted and packs her bags and is ready to head off with
    Lucas. But then Peter pleads with her not to go. He says he needs her, he tells her he’s sorry for everything he ever said to her, every nasty last word. The scene ends with Carla walking away with Lucas… and the next scene opens with her walking
    back to the Barlow’s. And so here we go again.

At the Baileys, Grace moves in with Michael but I’m still fast forwarding through these scenes, I’m afraid. Aggie - I’d love to see more of. Michael - I can tolerate but Grace and Edison, as the parlance of the day goes, do my bleedin’ head in.

Elsewhere this week, Todd continues his nasty plan to split up Paul and Billy. There was a funny scene when a piano makes its way up to the steep, narrow stairs to Billy and Paul’s flat (let’s not ask how or why) and Billy plays the cucumber song
    while Paul dances along. It really made me laugh out loud.

And finally this week, Nina and Asha grow close in Roy’s Rolls, a prelude to their romance. What Dev might have to say about this remains to be seen.

And that’s just about that for this week.

Remember, you can sign up to get these Corrie weekly updates by email at http://www.corrie.net/updates/weekly/subscribe.htm

This week’s writers were Owen Lloyd-Fox and Susan Oudot (Monday); Jayne Hollinson and Julie Jones (Wednesday); Debbie Oates (Friday). Find out all about the Coronation Street writing team at Coronation Street Blog: Exclusive: All Current Corrie writers
    online http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.com/2008/11/exclusive-all-current-corrie-writers.html

Glenda Young
    --
    Blogging away merrily at Flaming Nora
    Author website: glendayoungbooks.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)